Author Topic: Not a good sign for Democrats (election day personal anecdotes)  (Read 561 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Not a good sign for Democrats (election day personal anecdotes)
« on: November 03, 2020, 07:43:32 AM »
I live in a strongly Democrat voting district.

In previous years, the Republicans have failed to even field one of the "here's a voter guide!" people at my polling location.

Today, the Republicans were actually there.

Also, there was zero line. I breezed right in, waited 1 minute for the guy in front of me to be checked in and then I voted. In and out in less than 5 minutes.

Previous presidential elections, the line stretched to the street.

I don't know how it looks in Republican areas, but this is can't be good for Democrats.

What are others seeing?
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

cordex

• Administrator
Re: Not a good sign for Democrats (election day personal anecdotes)
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2020, 07:56:24 AM »
I think the lines are shorter in large part due to the massive early voting.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2020, 07:59:15 AM »

I think this is probably true.

From my reading though, the Democrats didn't bank enough "early voting" to deal with a massive drop in election day voting.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2020, 12:00:00 PM »
Some democrats probably have cramps in their writing hands from all the main-in ballots they were filling out these past two weeks.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2020, 12:22:10 PM »
It's only a little after noon, give them time to get up out of bed. Polls will be jammed packed with dems some time after 15:00
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes