Author Topic: Heads on a Pike!  (Read 941 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Heads on a Pike!
« on: November 08, 2020, 11:50:30 AM »
I don't really ever know what to think of Steve Bannon, but I have read several articles now regarding this statement he made on his Podcast:

On Bannon’s “War Room” show Thursday, he called for the firing of Wray and Fauci, but took it a step further when he suggested he'd like to "put the heads on pikes."

“I actually want to go a step farther. I’d actually like to go back to the old times of Tudor England,” Bannon said in the now-deleted video. “I’d put the heads on pikes, right — I’d put them at the two corners of the White House as a warning to federal bureaucrats. You either get with the program or you are gone.”

https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/youtube-twitter-pull-steve-bannons-show-for-death-threats-against-wray-fauci

Typical of the news stories was, "Bannon makes gruesome threats!" He has been banned by several platforms. To the point though, in my culture (which is just as valid as your culture!!!), "head on a pike" is said in the same vein as, "tar and feather". It's an expression used to indicate someone should be made an example of. I find it interesting that it is now in the "micro-aggression" lexicon.

In a quick search on Bannon's statement, it appears other conservatives have used the phrase and been attacked. Adam Schiff apparently used it too, during impeachment, and was attacked by Republicans in Congress for saying it, but defended by the MSM, who said the Rs were having "fauxtrage".

Anyways, Ben sez "Heads on a pike" is a perfectly acceptable phrase.

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
Re: Heads on a Pike!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2020, 01:47:32 PM »
What about "drawn and quartered" instead? ;)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2020, 02:41:08 PM »

"I would wave, like this."
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2020, 02:43:06 PM »
Because the left would never make veiled threats against those that they don't like.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2020, 02:44:44 PM »
Because the left would never make veiled threats against those that they don't like.

Off topic,  but that's one powerful ugly woman.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2020, 06:48:00 PM »

You leave him alone.

BTW: She reposted that photo after the election
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2020, 06:52:33 PM »

UNITY!!!!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2020, 08:08:26 PM »

And she has posted and spoken a lot about all the cosmetic plastic surgery she has had.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2020, 08:12:31 PM »
And she has posted and spoken a lot about all the cosmetic plastic surgery she has had.

Ooof...

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2020, 08:13:15 PM »
You leave him alone.

In 2020,  if I didn't already know better that wouldn't surprise me at all.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2020, 10:52:41 PM »
It was good enough for the Pilgrims.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife