Poll

Was there widescale fraud, possibly rigged, probably illegitament or I have serious doubts etc ...?

Yes I live in a bannana republic
33 (91.7%)
No, I want to believe
3 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: The 2020 Presidential election  (Read 4318 times)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: The 2020 Presidential election
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2020, 12:04:00 PM »
The reputations of Sidney Powell and Lin Wood are giving these claims a lot of credibility, but they seem to be relying on some less credible sources. :facepalm:

It would appear that Trump's legal team is not doing even basic fact checking of their sources.  I wonder if the researcher became so enamored of the data set, so convinced that he had found a smoking gun, that he neglected to go back and check the data from the source forward to ensure it was accurate.
This is an absolutely huge mistake and calls into question the rest of their statistical evidence in my opinion.  If they cannot fix this problem quickly and in a believable way, Biden wins, and Trump's legal team should just pack it in and go home.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 01:00:28 PM by RocketMan »
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2020, 02:34:26 PM »
"After Dominion Voting Systems backed out of attending a planned fact-finding hearing with the #PAHouse State Government Committee, committee members will now hold a press conference to discuss the election. "

https://twitter.com/PAHouseGOP/status/1329793141252251652

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ami4y706qvU
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2020, 10:41:58 PM »
It would appear that Trump's legal team is not doing even basic fact checking of their sources.  I wonder if the researcher became so enamored of the data set, so convinced that he had found a smoking gun, that he neglected to go back and check the data from the source forward to ensure it was accurate.
This is an absolutely huge mistake and calls into question the rest of their statistical evidence in my opinion.  If they cannot fix this problem quickly and in a believable way, Biden wins, and Trump's legal team should just pack it in and go home.

Powell claims to have numbers experts that have  done the crunching.  She offered one to Tucker Carlson,  who reportedly refused.  She and others seem pretty confident that they have done the fact checking.

I don't know, for my part.  I don't think anyone outside the Woods/Powell circle really does know,  and they're not obliged to provide anything until the discovery phase of the legal proceding occurs.  Some believe they won't provide ANY info before discovery  to avoid having witnesses harassed by media myrmidons .... or worse.

I've heard it said that either 1.)  This is the biggest crime in American history if the Powell assertions are true, or 2.)  The biggest hoax in American history if it's made up of stuff and nonsense amongst whole cloth and unicorn horns.

I dunno  for my part.  I realize the tabulated numbers we know about say Biden won and not enough "fraud" was commited to overturn that conclusion.   But is that really the whole story? What about the Dominion system flipping votes?  Can that make a difference? ???  Why are Dominion employees "flying the coop?" --- offices being abandoned?   That sure as h3ll looks bad!

And,  on top of it all,  I've heard it opined that SCOTUS  will refuse to hear the case,  because they do not wish to be perceived as having anything to do with "installing" the next president - - -  a "separation of powers" thing.

So...imagine,   SCOTUS refuses the case,   all hail President "Ponysoldier" Biden,   then  a year down the road,   the dam breaks,  the truth outs,  and there is real absolute, irrefutable PROOF  that the election was stolen.

Wow.  Can we imagine the fun that ensues?   [popcorn]    [/Twilight zone episode]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2020, 08:49:38 AM »
The most aggressive call to boycott or cast protest ballots in the two runoff races has, so far, come from a dormant pro-Trump super PAC with ties to Stone that unveiled a new initiative to retaliate against the Republican Party’s supposed turncoats by handing Democrats control of the U.S. Senate.

The group, dubbed the Committee for American Sovereignty, unveiled a new website encouraging Georgia Republicans to write in Trump’s name in both of the upcoming Senate runoff elections, which could determine the party that controls the upper chamber during President-elect Joe Biden’s first two years in office. The PAC argued that doing so will show support for the president in addition to forcing Republicans to address the wild election-fraud conspiracy theories floated by Trump supporters and members of his own legal team.
:facepalm:
Is it circular firing squad time already?
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2020, 08:57:37 AM »
Once again DittoHead, you are taking a story in the Daily Beast at full face value.  They make stuff up out of whole cloth on a regular basis.  They are nearly as bad as the New York Times.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

DittoHead

• friend
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2020, 09:13:09 AM »
Once again DittoHead, you are taking a story in the Daily Beast at full face value.  They make stuff up out of whole cloth on a regular basis.  They are nearly as bad as the New York Times.

The website is real as is the PAC behind it although I'm not sure about its history or the Roger Stone involvement. The stuff Lin Wood and Sidney Powell tweeted is real. Ali Alexander is saying that stupid stuff and Don Jr. did feel it was important enough to tell people they should should be ignored, that's not made up. If there's something specific in there you that you know is wrong feel free to point it out but the point is that these morons are doing more harm than good. Thankfully, I don't believe they've gotten much traction but in a close race like these are expected to be even minor players fighting against you can be problematic.

Here's the short and sweet version:
https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/the-conspiracy-theory-that-could-hand-joe-biden-the-senate
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2020, 09:32:30 AM »
:facepalm:
Is it circular firing squad time already?

What's this aready?

The "right" is in perpetual firing squad mode  :laugh:
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2020, 08:35:35 PM »
Never, ever take the MSM and their "journalists" seriously again. Ever.

"Oh good golly, it's like the best season of the West Wing!"

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/11/24/sens-tom-cotton-marco-rubio-didnt-get-the-memo-about-joe-bidens-cabinet-being-like-superheroes/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2020, 04:04:57 PM »
Eleven million new democrats within 100 days of the Biden admin. Staggering numbers. That's like five times the population of my entire state. And people say we don't need an Electoral College.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-says-hell-push-pathway-to-citizenship-for-over-11-million-undocumented-people-in-first-100-days

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2020, 10:24:37 PM »
Doesn't look like the President is going to slink away with his tail between his legs.

This man fights.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2020, 08:40:59 AM »
What convinces me of widespread conspiratorial organized fraud is how hard the MSM is pushing the "nothing to see here, you're just crazy for not believing, move along, move along" rhetoric, they are soooooo biased they are a propaganda outlet, nothing more... combined with the unabashed social media censorship that has now become the norm, one has to think something big is being hidden. I'm actually scared.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2020, 08:49:09 AM »
What convinces me of widespread conspiratorial organized fraud is how hard the MSM is pushing the "nothing to see here, you're just crazy for not believing, move along, move along" rhetoric, they are soooooo biased they are a propaganda outlet, nothing more... combined with the unabashed social media censorship that has now become the norm, one has to think something big is being hidden. I'm actually scared.

The suckage of 2020 cannot be understated.

Saving the republic under the Trump banner seems pretty absurd, but man, he speaks a lot of inconvenient realities and he is bringing it to the opposition.  

He has the best enemies, all the bad guys are lined up against him and the squishy quislings are revealing themselves daily.

There really isn't much for us to do though, other than watch.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2020, 09:20:14 AM »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2020, 10:09:02 AM »
https://www.newsweek.com/rudy-giuliani-alleged-voter-fraud-witness-shush-viral-video-7-million-times-1551990

Another credible witness found by Mr. Giuliani.

Is your contention that all evidence and witnesses presented are now tainted because questions about one witness can be raised?

You have any (rhetorical) ammo in your magazines for the left or is it only reserved for the right?

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2020, 10:21:56 AM »
^^^It is more that the logical inference is that this witness is lying through her teeth.  Back when I was doing trial work, and someone refused to take the oath before testifying (usually because they were concerned about being prosecuted for perjury), either the judge would not allow the testimony at all or would give an instruction to the jury as to credibility.  Mr. Giuliani, as a lawyer, knows this, even though this was not a trial.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

DittoHead

• friend
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2020, 12:26:28 PM »
You have any (rhetorical) ammo in your magazines for the left or is it only reserved for the right?

I'm a bit surprised how little ammo has been sent towards the libertarians lately.
In the six states where Trump is reportedly losing by the thinnest margins, the impact of the Libertarian candidate either flipped the election to Biden or very nearly did. Notably, the Green Party candidate was not present on the ballot in any of these states except for Michigan, where he only won 0.2 percent of the vote. As the chart below shows, if the voters who’d opted for Libertarian presidential candidate Jo Jorgenson had chosen Trump instead, Biden would now be losing in Georgia, Arizona, and Wisconsin, and his lead in Pennsylvania would be just 2,263 votes.

That was even the Democrats best angle against Mitch too (obviously not good enough).
https://www.teammitch.com/report-brad-barron-backed-by-bernie-and-aoc-donors/

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2020, 12:36:40 PM »
I'm a bit surprised how little ammo has been sent towards the libertarians lately.
I've heard some of this.  I don't think Libertarians (or Greens, or whatever other upstart party) owe their vote to one party or another in a close election.  While in a lot of ways it is easier for some Libertarians to hold their nose and vote R, it is by no means universal.  Plenty are extremely supportive of ideas less popular among Republicans, such as being pro-abortion, pro-open borders, etc.

DittoHead

• friend
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2020, 12:55:55 PM »
I don't think Libertarians (or Greens, or whatever other upstart party) owe their vote to one party or another in a close election.

To be clear, I agree with this. I have no problem "throwing my vote away" (in a swing state no less!) when both of the major party candidates are unacceptable to me.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2020, 07:11:59 PM »
I never expect much from libertarians as most are really just leftists.

Many don't realize it of course.

Yet, if you start examining their assumptions, presuppositions and axioms you realize they really are just leftists.

No difference between them other than their personal preferences.

Once you abandon natures God you lose the lifeline to both reality and transcendent truth.  

This is just an observation I've made over the years as a once self described "classical liberal".

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2020, 02:22:03 PM »

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2020, 02:23:47 PM »
Rudy is done as Trump's point man in the courts.  Not that it mattered, anyway.

https://disrn.com/news/rudy-giuliani-tests-positive-for-covid-19

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2020, 08:00:51 PM »
Rudy is done as Trump's point man in the courts.  Not that it mattered, anyway.

https://disrn.com/news/rudy-giuliani-tests-positive-for-covid-19

So .... you think it will be a fatal case? ? ?   :O   [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2020, 08:16:14 PM »
Nope, he'll be quarantined, greatly reducing his effectiveness.