Author Topic: Yellen's in as Treasury Secretary nominee  (Read 658 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Yellen's in as Treasury Secretary nominee
« on: November 23, 2020, 05:01:48 PM »
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-to-tap-former-fed-chair-janet-yellen-as-treasury-secretary-report

There was another thread talking about the Treasury nominee but I can't find it.

Yellen is progressive, but my guess is that this is NOT the hard-left fiscal policy person that the squad was demanding.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Yellen's in as Treasury Secretary nominee
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2020, 05:15:27 PM »
Not ideal, but  I could probably live with it. She's not so radical that  I would have to login to my portfolios every day with my finger hovering over the "sell" button. Unlike certain other potential choices. Ayahya ayahya woo woo!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2020, 07:59:58 PM »
I'm not really crazy about this direction for a Yellen Treasury Dept:

Treasury Secretary-designee Janet Yellen and Deputy Treasury Secretary-designee Wally Adeyemo "reaffirmed their commitment to placing racial equity at the center of economic recovery, focusing on the households, businesses and communities hardest hit by the pandemic, and to pursuing economic policies that address the long-term, systemic and structural issues that have led to the racial wealth gap and economic disparities that exist today," the Biden-Harris transition team said about the virtual roundtable.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bidens-treasury-nominees-meet-with-racial-justice-activists
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2020, 11:57:21 AM »
Bidens cabinet picks are all awesome.

That the words of Mencken may be fulfilled before our eyes, ... "and they deserve to get it good and hard".
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.