Author Topic: **** Smith & Wesson M&P Shield EZ Pistol Recall *****  (Read 554 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
**** Smith & Wesson M&P Shield EZ Pistol Recall *****
« on: November 24, 2020, 09:53:43 AM »
M&P SHIELD® EZ® PISTOL IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL NOTICE FOR PISTOLS MANUFACTURED BETWEEN MARCH 1ST, 2020 AND OCTOBER 31ST, 2020
https://www.mpshieldezrecall.com/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
Re: **** Smith & Wesson M&P Shield EZ Pistol Recall *****
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 12:27:32 PM »
Hm.  Bad hammer that doesn't re-engage the sear, resulting in mag dumps.  Fun.

I have a 1911 that originally double-tapped because the parting lines on the disconnector were binding it up.  Polished it off, has worked fine since.

Trouble with these kinds of problems is I think they make the firearm a machinegun under the law disunirregardless of the cause. No excuses I know of.  Someone check me on that.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2020, 12:40:19 PM »
Trouble with these kinds of problems is I think they make the firearm a machinegun under the law disunirregardless of the cause. No excuses I know of.  Someone check me on that.

You are correct.  BATFEio doesn't care about the why; they only care about the brrrrrt.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2020, 06:34:10 PM »
I bought an AR-7 (.22 "survival rifle") when I was in the Navy, took it to a range, aimed, slowly squeezed the trigger like my dad taught me, brrrrrrt! Mag dump. Me: WTF?!?!?!
New mag, point downrange, pull trigger fast/hard, bang! Release trigger, bang! Me: WTF?!?!?!
Take "machinegun" back and get one that works like it's supposed to. Still a crap rifle and didn't keep it long.

See how the trigger has to catch the hammer to prevent it from going all slam-fire? If the difference between the front and rear catch is off a few thousandths, you get a binary trigger, and if held right in the "sweet spot", a slam-fire F/A!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2020, 05:53:26 AM »
^  I think "machinegun," one word, no caps, is the way it's spelled out in the law, but somebody check me on this.

I first noticed it in the published letters back and forth from the BATFEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ regarding the shoelace machinegun.

One of the major problems with our system is that in general one has to break the law in the first place in order to challenge its constitutionality.

That is one of the reasons they can get away with writing so many laws that to you and me, are totally unconstitutional on their face.  Ohhh, like NFA and GCA and mag limits and NY's Sullivan Act and keeping a gun concealed under your hat....

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 06:11:12 AM by 230RN »

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2020, 12:14:55 PM »
I bought an AR-7 (.22 "survival rifle") when I was in the Navy, took it to a range, aimed, slowly squeezed the trigger like my dad taught me, brrrrrrt! Mag dump. Me: WTF?!?!?!
New mag, point downrange, pull trigger fast/hard, bang! Release trigger, bang! Me: WTF?!?!?!
Take "machinegun" back and get one that works like it's supposed to. Still a crap rifle and didn't keep it long.

See how the trigger has to catch the hammer to prevent it from going all slam-fire? If the difference between the front and rear catch is off a few thousandths, you get a binary trigger, and if held right in the "sweet spot", a slam-fire F/A!

First gun I bought myself, back in the low '80s, was the Charter Arms version of that.  Yeah, it was crap.  Never had it double, but it wasn't very reliable.  The guts of it, IIRC, were fairly crude.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.