Author Topic: Garage shop lighting  (Read 491 times)

Kingcreek

• friend
Garage shop lighting
« on: November 24, 2020, 11:36:21 AM »
I probably should have spent some time over on the garage forum but I went ahead and bought the led lighting for my upgrade.
Replacing 8’ flourescents. 8 double fixtures. Decided to go with 8 single 8’ leds (72W) and 5 koda 46” led motion sensor (on sale at Costco for 19.99 ea) All are linkable. Will be 2 switches for the 8’ and a separate one for the 46” series. I will be relocating some boxes and patching and painting the insulated drywall ceiling.
Hoping it’s enough light everywhere in a 26x28 shop space. The 8’ will be 4 16’ light strips and the motion activated 46” will be over the 2 man doors and work benches.
I didn’t wait for Black Friday deals because I want to be able to work on it this weekend. $208 for a 10 pack of the 8s and 100 for the 5 46s seemed like a pretty good deal.
Let there be light, lots of light.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Garage shop lighting
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2020, 12:11:18 PM »
"koda 46” led motion sensor (on sale at Costco for 19.99 ea"

Damn. That's an awesome price! I'm seeing as high as $75 per online.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2020, 12:30:29 PM »
"koda 46” led motion sensor (on sale at Costco for 19.99 ea"

Damn. That's an awesome price! I'm seeing as high as $75 per online.
Good price limit of 5. And they are linkable with remote control. Wife picked them up yesterday first day on sale and they were almost gone, down to just a couple layers on the pallet.

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2020, 10:52:51 AM »
The project I thought I could finish in 2 days is half done after 3.
Took old 8’ fluorescent fixtures down. Forgot that 24 years ago I surface mounted on bare drywall and skin coated and painted around them due to time factors and needing lighted space for the rest of the house renovation. They were hard wired and I wanted to set boxes in new locations with a new neater layout. Ceiling wiring done I had to patch and sand and patch and sand so I could repaint ceiling.
Bum shoulder is making all of it more difficult and time consuming. Only way I could roller paint ceiling was with a long extension so I could keep my right hand below chest level. Ugh.
The light I have so far is awesome with 4 8’ led in place of 8 8’ fluoro T12s.
New lumes on south 1/2.
Very happy with the Barrina 8’ LEDs. I bought 10 pack for $208 and will use 8 of them on this. 4 or 5 of the 46” Kodas (another $100) will be linked over work benches and double utility sink. Primer paint drywall patch and some electricals probably another $100.
Now that I have all this great overhead light, it’s obvious I will have to paint the side walls and finally get that epoxy floor coating next spring.