Author Topic: **** Sig Cross Bolt-Action Rifle Recall ****  (Read 781 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
**** Sig Cross Bolt-Action Rifle Recall ****
« on: November 25, 2020, 03:47:14 PM »
https://www.sigsauer.com/crossrecall

Today Sig Sauer, Inc. is announcing a safety recall for the CROSS Bolt-Action Rifle, and consumers should immediately discontinue use of the rifle. This recall applies to all CROSS Bolt-Action rifles currently manufactured.

Sig Sauer has viewed an online video that presents a single CROSS Bolt-Action Rifle with a potential safety concern. This gun has been returned to Sig Sauer and upon evaluation it has been confirmed that the rifle exhibited a delayed discharge after the trigger was pulled. Sig Sauer has decided to issue a safety recall in order to implement a modification to the firing action to address this potential safety concern
SIG SAUER Issues Safety Recall of CROSS Bolt-Action Rifles
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/sig-sauer-issues-safety-recall-of-cross-bolt-action-rifles/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
Re: **** Sig Cross Bolt-Action Rifle Recall ****
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2020, 09:10:28 AM »
So I looked at the links, no info on cause, so what was it, light primer strikes, sear stick-slip, European cartridges with their stiff primers, what?

Hangfires are quite probably the most dangerous firearm "situation" because people tend to start pointing the gun everywhere and then it goes off.

You know the 30-second rule, but a lot of people don't.

You know not to point a gun anywhere you can't fix the hole, but a lot of people don't.

Terry, 230RN

« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 09:26:14 AM by 230RN »

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
Re: **** Sig Cross Bolt-Action Rifle Recall ****
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2020, 11:27:03 AM »
 :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Maybe they should try dropping it. That's how you get a sig to shoot.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds