Author Topic: Trump pardons Michael Flynn  (Read 2897 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Trump pardons Michael Flynn
« on: November 25, 2020, 04:21:54 PM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/michael-flynn-trump-pardon/2020/11/25/3cd79198-2e65-11eb-bae0-50bb17126614_story.html

http://President Trump on Wednesday announced he had pardoned his former national security adviser Michael Flynn, ending a three-year legal saga that saw Flynn seek to withdraw a guilty plea for lying to the FBI and a controversial reversal by the Justice Department on his case.

I can't say this surprises me.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Trump pardons Michael Flynn
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 05:19:31 PM »
I'm only sorry Trump waited as long as he did.

Democrats responded to the long-anticipated pardon with outrage. In a lengthy statement, House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) said Flynn had chosen “loyalty to Trump over loyalty to his country” and that Trump’s decision to was intended to insulate himself from criminal investigation. He called that a “corruption of the Framer’s intent” in giving the president broad pardon powers.

“It’s no surprise that Trump would go out just as he came in – crooked to the end,” Schiff said.

House Judiciary Chairman Jerrold R. Nadler (D-NY) called the pardon “undeserved, unprincipled, and one more stain on President Trump’s rapidly diminishing legacy.”

Wow! Where was all that outrage about some of the slimeballs and scumbags that Clinton and Obama pardoned?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2020, 05:36:37 PM »
Burning righteous anger right now at what they have done to this man and how they will continue to slander him.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2020, 06:32:45 PM »
Typically, outgoing Presidents do a fair number of pardons right before the term ends.  It will be interesting to see who else gets pardoned.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2020, 06:33:21 PM »
Just like everything else those slimy bastards do...they assuage the guilt of their corruption by lashing out at others.  They are lucky both of my grandmothers are not the Sgt at Arms in the House.  A goodly number of them would have had their faces slapped and pinched really hard...multiple times.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2020, 06:46:09 PM »
He should have been exonerated, but likely where things stand, Trump acted in the most efficient way possible to keep Flynn from getting further railroaded by a Biden DOJ.

I feel bad for the suffering the Flynn family has had to go through. Sounds like he lost a lot of assets paying for lawyers.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2020, 07:41:25 PM »
Sounds like he lost a lot of assets paying for lawyers.

The process is the punishment.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2020, 07:51:07 PM »
Typically, outgoing Presidents do a fair number of pardons right before the term ends.  It will be interesting to see who else gets pardoned.
IMO, he should pardon everyone the left is likely to go after.  

I think he should also pardon a bunch of people caught up by the system defending against rioters.  Maybe those Proud Boys who were jailed in New York.  Maybe also Kyle Rittenhouse and the guy who gave him the rifle. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2020, 08:09:36 PM »
IMO, he should pardon everyone the left is likely to go after.  

I think he should also pardon a bunch of people caught up by the system defending against rioters.  Maybe those Proud Boys who were jailed in New York.  Maybe also Kyle Rittenhouse and the guy who gave him the rifle. 

I don't think Trump can pardon Rittenhouse because he is being charged by the State of Wisconsin, not the feds.  The governor of Wisconsin can pardon him, but Tony Evers is a democrat and a *expletive deleted*bag (I'll just set up the joke but leave it implied) so that's not likely to happen.
"It's good, though..."

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2020, 01:44:32 AM »
Yeah, POTUS can only pardon federal crimes. 

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2020, 09:34:27 PM »
Has there been an actual deciding case on Federal vs other crimes? I’ve always believed the only Federal crimes argument, but I could see an argument that crimes against the United States would include crimes against any of the states? As far as they have stretched the Commerce Clause I’d say even more so.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2020, 11:18:40 PM »
Yeah, POTUS can only pardon federal crimes. 
I always thought he could pardon both, but I have heard a number of people say otherwise recently. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2020, 02:51:59 AM »
It’s the whole reason the state of ny wants to go after Trump.  He can’t pardon himself in that instance.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2020, 09:19:35 AM »
Interesting interview with Lt General Flynn.

Lt General McInerney joins in the conversation also.

https://www.worldviewweekend.com/tv/video/wvw-tv-exclusive-lt-general-michael-flynns-first-interview-president-trumps-pardon
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2020, 10:57:06 AM »
Interesting interview with Lt General Flynn.

Lt General McInerney joins in the conversation also.

https://www.worldviewweekend.com/tv/video/wvw-tv-exclusive-lt-general-michael-flynns-first-interview-president-trumps-pardon

The link won't open for me. What did he say?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2020, 01:07:56 PM »
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/11/29/michael_flynns_first_interview_since_pardon_no_doubt_in_my_mind_trump_won_in_a_landslide.html

Lt General Thomas McInerney and Lt General Michael Flynn gave interviews to WVW Broadcasting Network today. It was Flynn’s first interview since his pardon.

In stunning testimony, McInerney stated his sources have told him U.S. Army Special Forces, possibly the famed Delta Force, raided the CIA-run server farm in Frankfurt, Germany.

5 soldiers were killed in the ensuing firefight, as well as one CIA paramilitary; the CIA personnel were allegedly flown in from Afghanistan for security, according to related news reports.

Michael Flynn's First Interview Since Pardon: "No Doubt In My Mind" Trump Won In A Landslide
Posted By Tim Hains
On Date November 29, 2020

"There is no doubt in my mind that he won this election. Hands down. In a landslide, probably somewhere between 350-400 electoral college votes," Flynn said. "Over the last two decades, and probably longer, we have seen a complete shift in how fast communist China, in their long term plan, decided to move up their plans to become the sole global superpower on the planet."

« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 08:43:01 PM by Ron »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2020, 09:30:30 PM »
Can we get something firmer on the CIA server farm story???
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2020, 08:25:08 AM »

Talk about a season ending cliffhanger!

There are so many unresolved plot lines I'm not sure how it all gets wrapped up in the next month or so...  [popcorn]

The list of otherwise solid and respectful folks in positions to know things who are now embracing what the media considers conspiracy theories is growing pretty large.

The question is who do you believe? Not CNN, CBS ,NBC ,ABC or FOX obviously, heh heh.

The Republicans? They are fragmented, many are aligned with the Democrats.

Who if anyone is telling the truth?
Who if anyone are the good guys?
Who if anyone has your best interests in mind?

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2020, 12:55:13 PM »

That whole story reeks of tin foil nuttery.  Every time the story is passed on by another conservative news site, it takes on new dimensions.  Last I heard there were 40 V-22 Osprey aircraft involved in the raid.  How can anyone take stuff like that seriously?  If Sidney Powell is relying on this as a major part of her evidence, she's already sunk and her reputation is ruined.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2020, 02:15:05 PM »
Maybe they need 40 V-22 Osprey because 38 of them are down for repairs ..... [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2020, 03:03:05 PM »
That whole story reeks of tin foil nuttery.  Every time the story is passed on by another conservative news site, it takes on new dimensions.  Last I heard there were 40 V-22 Osprey aircraft involved in the raid.  How can anyone take stuff like that seriously?  If Sidney Powell is relying on this as a major part of her evidence, she's already sunk and her reputation is ruined.

Lt General Flynn is the one in the video that is quoted.

I ignored the story until he indicated there's something to it other than tin foil.

That was surprising to see.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2020, 04:46:25 PM »
Maybe they need 40 V-22 Osprey because 38 of them are down for repairs ..... [tinfoil]

Good point.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2020, 04:50:22 PM »
I assume the CIA server thing is part of the Dominion conspiracy. I apologize for not keeping up, but what's the explanation for the hand recount/audit in GA not showing a major discrepancy against the machine count? If Dominion was switching votes in the software wouldn't that show up when counting the paper ballots?
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2020, 05:08:56 PM »
I assume the CIA server thing is part of the Dominion conspiracy. I apologize for not keeping up, but what's the explanation for the hand recount/audit in GA not showing a major discrepancy against the machine count? If Dominion was switching votes in the software wouldn't that show up when counting the paper ballots?
I thought there were allegations that in some states Dominion was switching votes and in other states large quantities of suspicious physical ballots nearly all for Biden were being dropped and ballots received after the cutoff were being accepted.  I don't know what the allegation was in GA, but if the latter then the ballots stripped of their enclosing envelope would be counted whether the actual ballot was legit or not.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2020, 05:20:16 PM »
And yet AG Bill Barr came out just today with his opinion that there was no evidence of widespread fraud that would change the election results.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.