Author Topic: Trump pardons Michael Flynn  (Read 2864 times)

Jim147

• friends
Re: Trump pardons Michael Flynn
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2020, 05:26:25 PM »
From what I heard the problem in GA is that they are recounting all the ballots without making sure they are valid.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2020, 05:58:59 PM »
From what I heard the problem in GA is that they are recounting all the ballots without making sure they are valid.
At this point there is no way to validate them.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2020, 06:17:54 PM »
Trump is asking for signature matchs on absentee ballots. They could also make sure the people live in the state and were alive when they voted.

They are both old white narcissistic democrats so I don't worry too much about the outcome. But there are some serious questions about this election that need to be answered.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2020, 06:21:48 PM »
And yet AG Bill Barr came out just today with his opinion that there was no evidence of widespread fraud that would change the election results.

To quote Larry Correia from Book of Faces:
Meanwhile, Bob Barr pronounces there's no evidence of fraud, which is kinda funny considering you can't find what you refuse to look for...

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2020, 07:41:28 PM »
And yet AG Bill Barr came out just today with his opinion that there was no evidence of widespread fraud that would change the election results.

This despite hundreds of people involved in the elections across the country signing sworn affidavits about the fraudulent activities they witnessed.
Yep, I absolutely believe Bill Barr.  Look at the good work he and his team did investigating documented Clinton and Democrat corruption in the 2016 election.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2020, 08:12:20 PM »
This despite hundreds of people involved in the elections across the country signing sworn affidavits about the fraudulent activities they witnessed.

Speaking of which ...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/whistleblowers-postal-service-threw-out-backdated-ballots-election-trump

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2020, 09:09:31 AM »

It should be noted how odd it really is that a CIA spook, deep state Bushy inside player like Barr ended up in such a prominent position in the "populist" Presidency of Trump.

My point is not to insinuate anything particular.

We just sort of absorbed, assimilated and accepted Trumps weird swamp creature picks and ignored the cognitive dissonance of such picks.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2020, 12:31:58 PM »

A remark the lame-stream press took out of context.    :facepalm:    And is  STILL doing despite knowing better.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2020, 03:42:58 PM »
What's the rumble on Trump preemptively pardoning his family members? What are they supposed to have done (or not done) that's criminal under federal law?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2020, 04:03:32 PM »
What's the rumble on Trump preemptively pardoning his family members? What are they supposed to have done (or not done) that's criminal under federal law?

Since when has the left needed actual crimes to persecute prosecute someone on the right?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2020, 05:20:52 PM »

Lets say they did absolutely nothing. Normally I would be against this type of "blanket immunity for past, present, and future", but after the criminal activity I've seen done in the last four years, and not by anyone on team Trump, I 100% support him doing such a thing to protect innocent people from the whacko left and their vendettas.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2020, 06:02:32 PM »
Lets say they did absolutely nothing. Normally I would be against this type of "blanket immunity for past, present, and future", but after the criminal activity I've seen done in the last four years, and not by anyone on team Trump, I 100% support him doing such a thing to protect innocent people from the whacko left and their vendettas.

True. Sometime around 30 December or 2 January Trump should resign, Pence gets sworn in, and promptly pardons Trump.

The histrionics of the left would be spectacular.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2020, 06:04:18 PM »
Why would Trump resign?  He can pardon himself if he feels it necessary.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2020, 07:01:45 PM »
Why would Trump resign?  He can pardon himself if he feels it necessary.

He can? How is that possible?

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2020, 09:16:31 PM »
Where does it say he can’t?  Pardon power is essentially unlimited, at least for federal crimes.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2020, 12:30:05 AM »
From what I've read, Constitutional scholars are divided on the subject.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2020, 11:22:44 AM »
When Nixon resigned, didn't Ford immediately pardon him?

It seems to me that could be regarded as a precedent.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2020, 11:37:30 AM »
When Nixon resigned, didn't Ford immediately pardon him?

It seems to me that could be regarded as a precedent.

Yes,  he did.  But given that Nixon had actually done naughty things,  I don't think it was a really good idea ......  :old:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2020, 02:34:14 PM »
Yes,  he did.  But given that Nixon had actually done naughty things,  I don't think it was a really good idea ......  :old:

I agree. But ... the point is that Nixon didn't pardon himself. Ford pardoned him and, IIRC, the rationale was that the country had gone though enough and it was time to let the dust settle.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2020, 02:49:52 PM »
From I remember reading Nixon’s resignation was partly predicated on Ford giving him a preemptive pardon (since criminal charges had not been filed by then).