Author Topic: Jeepin'!  (Read 429 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Jeepin'!
« on: December 11, 2020, 11:15:13 AM »
It's been a 6 month wait on delivery, but my Gobi rack is arriving today, for my Wrangler Rubicon 4-door.

I've also got an aftermarket rear bumper and bumper-mounted spare tire carrier, waiting to be installed at the same time as the Gobi rack.  This particular rack has frame-mounted rear supports (that also dual-function as step ladders to get to the rack), and you have to drop the bumper to mount the roof rack.

About 2 years ago I put an aftermarket bumper on the front along with a winch, but when I did it I realized that I have left the sway bar disconnect motor a bit exposed.  So when I do all the bumper swapping and rack installing I will also be taking the winch and front bumper off, in order to install a bit of protective armor for that motor, as well as change out the fog lights for some aftermarket LED's I got from a friend.

Lot of farkles on this thing.  I don't think it's getting traded for that new Hemi model coming out next year.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Kingcreek

• friend
Re: Jeepin'!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2020, 11:35:16 AM »
Is this an overland build?
I might eventually put a rhino platform rack on mine if I get a roof top tent. When I pulled my fishing boat and went camping in rain and snow I filled the jeep to the roof with camping gear.
My next priority is a warn winch for my 10a mopar bumper.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: Jeepin'!
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2020, 11:42:02 AM »
I guess you could say it's an overland build, but it's mostly just a necessity.  Don't have cargo room inside, with 3 people and 2 dogs in it.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!