Author Topic: WHY!!!  (Read 3356 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: WHY!!!
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2020, 12:06:45 AM »
You are incorrect.

You check a no box for each of those and sign a form prior to getting a flu shot.  At Walgreens,  at CVS, at the VA, at a hospital.  It's a standard vaccine form and the Millcreek's of the nation make sure it's signed.

So you're calling me a liar?

I get the flu shots at the VA hospital. I don't sign anything. I walk in, give them my ID number and tell them I'm there for a flu shot, a nurse comes out from the sanctum sanctorum with a needle and sticks me, and I go home.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2020, 06:42:00 AM »
So you're calling me a liar?

I get the flu shots at the VA hospital. I don't sign anything. I walk in, give them my ID number and tell them I'm there for a flu shot, a nurse comes out from the sanctum sanctorum with a needle and sticks me, and I go home.

No, I'm calling you forgetful and dismissive of the risks associated with vaccines so you didn't read the forms you were given.

The VA keeps screening forms online, and ask you "has anything changed" before you get injected. You would have filled them out when you signed up, or (probably) at regular intervals since.

Alternatively you could be the one person in America that has managed to get health care for 76 years at several providers without once filling out the bog standard, industry wide intake forms.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 07:09:09 AM by dogmush »

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2020, 06:43:52 AM »
^,^ They've probably got all that information on you "looked up" before you sat down.

Anyhow, late 1940s my Mommy brought me to a clinic in Grand Central Station for a mandatory series of vaccinations including smallpox.  The line was long and kids were crying all along the line and of course I was too.

When it came time to get the shot(s) she said to stop crying and wait to see how bad it hurt, then I could cry.  She described it as somethng miinor, perhaps like a bug bite, and while the medical person wanted me to look away, my Mommy said I could watch if I wanted to.  I guess I learned the difference between pain and Pain because it wasn't all that bad.  I remember the medico saying what a brave boy I was and complimenting my mother on handling it.  (She had been a professional nanny for a large family in the 30s, so had lots of practice with handling kids before I came along.)

To this day I watch while they're drawing blood or injecting me and I still recalll that event.  And in general, I'm more of a coward about a lot of things.

Anyhow I still have faint traces of the "smallpox vaccination scar" on my left shoulder.

And I will say this:  You can thank me and my shoulder scar and the millions of other people subjected tp the mandatory vaccinations  of those days that you, personally, are in little danger of getting that disease.

And if  you are all shoulder-chippy and adamant about mandatory vaccinations and personal freedoms in this regard, you're a blind idiot and that's all there is to it.

Same story with the polio vaccine.

There.  I said it and I ain't takin' it back and you can thank me and my little scar on the way out my door and take your "Yeah, buts" with you.

Terry, "no chip, but a scar on my shoulder," 230RN

ETA In case you're not familiar with them.  Recent, not mine, typical:

« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 08:07:11 AM by 230RN »

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2020, 08:25:42 AM »
I got my flu shot Friday at the VA, I was NOT asked all those questions. I've also been going there 10+ years. They kinda know me by name and how I react.
Let's put it this way, my blood test popped positive for barbiturates this time. The doc passed of as a false positive and blew right past it. I was shocked as hell that it flagged me for it even though I knew that several drugs I take can do that. He said he knew me well enough to know that there had to be a reason other than abuse for it to come up.

Some of the meds I take/foods I eat that pop false positives:

Bupropion (Wellbutrin, Zyban) - false positive for Amphetamines, MDMA, amphetamine, LSD
Fluoxetine (Prozac) - false positives for amphetamines and LSD
Hydrocodone - false positive for oxycodone may test positive for opiates
Poppy Seeds contain morphine - positive for Heroin (MDMA), Opiates
Pantoprazole - PPIs may test positive for THC
Ranitidine (Zantac®) - may show false positive for Amphetamines, methamphetamine

I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2020, 09:10:05 AM »
Oh well I just never heard of it and I've never had a flu shot.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2020, 09:10:58 AM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2020, 12:10:02 PM »

There.  I said it and I ain't takin' it back and you can thank me and my little scar on the way out my door and take your "Yeah, buts" with you.

Terry, "no chip, but a scar on my shoulder," 230RN

Good for you!  You skillfully managed to be born right around the time vaccine science was coming into it's own.  ;/ 

IIRC, the smallpox vaccine you're so proud of took right around 150 years to get right.  Polio was 20 + years.

So no,  I don't think I'll run right out and get this new one they managed to cook up in the last 8 months.

Andiron " Just got over the kung flu and would absolutely not get a vaccine to avoid it"
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2020, 12:33:11 PM »

I can tell that the person who made that post has clearly not given an injection in the last several years, if ever, with the advent of the safety features to cap the needle after injection.  We have pallet loads of the exact same type of syringe that we are using for our COVID immunes.  The attached orange safety cap folds to the side as the injection is given and flips back over the needle as it is withdrawn.  Sometimes you have to nudge the cap with your finger to get it to fold over.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/12/19/fact-check-photos-show-nancy-pelosi-receiving-covid-19-vaccine/3973360001/

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2020, 12:52:10 PM »
I can tell that the person who made that post has clearly not given an injection in the last several years, if ever, with the advent of the safety features to cap the needle after injection.  We have pallet loads of the exact same type of syringe that we are using for our COVID immunes.  The attached orange safety cap folds to the side as the injection is given and flips back over the needle as it is withdrawn.  Sometimes you have to nudge the cap with your finger to get it to fold over.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/12/19/fact-check-photos-show-nancy-pelosi-receiving-covid-19-vaccine/3973360001/

Got it.

Myself I've not had any injections in quite awhile. Actually don't recall any after my injury, my mind on something else at the time if they did
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 01:10:54 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2020, 02:09:08 PM »
Mark me down as a person who gets light-headed after giving blood.  Even just one vial.  Getting shots doesn't affect me though.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2020, 09:00:49 PM »
I had one of those "safety" shots at CVS when I got a flu shot there.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2020, 10:46:10 AM »
Unless it's a condition of keeping my job, think I'll pass on the vaccination.  Every year for the last 5 yrs I've gotten the flu shot, and gotten sick as a dog every time.

Ain't gettin' the flu shot this year.  I'll take my chances with masks & hand sanitizer. 

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2020, 09:22:25 PM »
Good for you!  You skillfully managed to be born right around the time vaccine science was coming into its own.  ;/  

IIRC, the smallpox vaccine you're so proud of took right around 150 years to get right.  Polio was 20 + years.

So no,  I don't think I'll run right out and get this new one they managed to cook up in the last 8 months.

Ah, a yeahbut.

That's all nothing but a thin excuse not to get the vaccine, in my opinion, considering today's advanced technology.  It's not like we'e running a threaded needle through a victim's pus, then running it through your own skin.

You, sir, are a leak in the dam preventing a flood of Covid-19 victims, which is contrary to my otherwise high opinion of you.

Andiron " Just got over the kung flu and would absolutely not get a vaccine to avoid it"

Good for you.  Yeahbut I'm 81, and I think I'd trust the 95% effectiveness they claim.  So different perspectives.

Terry

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2020, 09:35:49 PM »
Mark me down as a person who gets light-headed after giving blood.  Even just one vial.  Getting shots doesn't affect me though.

I'm fine if I don't watch.

If I watch I might get a little woozy.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2020, 09:47:36 PM »
I just don't like watching the needle go in.  After that, no big deal.  Never had a physical reaction, I just don't like it.   =)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2020, 10:02:22 PM »
If you had a choice ... would you rather get the Pfizer vaccine or the Moderna vaccine?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2020, 10:23:58 PM »
If you had a choice ... would you rather get the Pfizer vaccine or the Moderna vaccine?

By the time my healthcare system gets to me, there is a good chance I will get the Moderna.  The first shipment is expected to arrive on Friday, I think.  I am told there is no practical difference between the two in terms of effectiveness and side effects.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2020, 08:01:35 AM »
Kamala says that Biden getting the vaccine is "what leadership looks like." I notice he waited until after Pence got his. So I guess it IS a sort of leadership, like the King making the food taster go first.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/12/21/formerly-skeptical-kamala-harris-says-pic-of-joe-biden-getting-covid-vaccine-is-what-leadership-looks-like/

These people are gonna take all the credit for the vaccine that Trump pushed through in an unheard of timeframe.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2020, 09:09:28 PM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2021, 02:31:18 PM »
What about this fainting business when they're doing drive-thru vaccinations?

First COVID-19 vaccine doses given at Louisville’s drive-thru vaccination site
https://www.wave3.com/2021/01/04/first-covid-vaccine-doses-given-louisvilles-drive-thru-vaccination-site/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Scott Metro

« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2021, 03:00:31 PM »
I think all the footage we see, be it hospital chaos, vaccinations, gurneys packed with hosed up half-dead bodies clogging hospital hallways, is all Hollywood production. Every once in a while they put on a musical number by "alleged" staff, dancing and lip-syncing. Sometimes it's a non-paidspokesman disguised as a medical professional uttering lofty platitudes. Wag the dog.
WHY you ask? Bill Clinton said it best, "Perception is reality". Make the rubes believe anything. =D

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2021, 07:44:09 PM »
I generally avoid the flu shot.  My wife gets it almost every year, and is usually sicker from the shot than I get from anything all year.

I’ll be avoiding the covid shot until I have to get it either to keep my job, keep my neurologist, or something else that compels it.  1) I’m fairly low risk of complications from covid far as I’m aware, 2) there are other who need it more, 3) I don’t want to be a guinea pig, 4) I hate needles (never fainted, but had more than one nurse worried about it).

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2021, 12:41:48 AM »
I take all the flu shots, shingles shots, and will take the Chinese "Flu" shot when it is offered. The absolute worse any have given me, going back to the ones I was hit with when I enlisted, was a SLIGHT case of the sniffles. Bring it on!  :old:
MOLON LABE!