Author Topic: Trump, the FIEND!  (Read 857 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Trump, the FIEND!
« on: January 12, 2021, 05:30:39 PM »
Looking for guidance with setting up, formatting, and publishing a book through one of the self-publishing outlets. I signed up with a writers forum on the Internet. It may have been a mistake. There are a number of discussion areas pertaining to writing and publishing, but the one that seems to get all the action is the one for discussing current events and activism. And, as might be expected, it appears that everyone on hat forum is a screaming liberal.

The one that got me today was a woman who criticized Trump for "holding back" the vaccine. Why is he holding it back? Because the experts [left unsaid, like the CDC and the people who actually developed and make the stuff] say the second dose should be administered three weeks after the first so Trump (the MONSTER!) wants to ensure that there's enough juice in the pipeline to ensure that everyone who gets the first dose will get the second dose.

According to this self-appointed brain trust, that equates to millions of doses going to waste. She can't wait for Biden to take office, because he'll release the vaccine so that everyone can have the first shot. [Second shot? Eh -- you're on your own.]
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Re: Trump, the FIEND!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 06:34:08 PM »
According to this self-appointed brain trust, that equates to millions of doses going to waste. She can't wait for Biden to take office, because he'll release the vaccine so that everyone can have the first shot. [Second shot? Eh -- you're on your own.]

If we survive, this period would make an interesting historical study in mass psychosis.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2021, 06:58:09 PM »
If we survive, this period would make an interesting historical study in mass psychosis.

Let me do that for you right now:

Everyone is an expert on everything and this internet fad lets everyone voice their opinion to everyone else.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2021, 08:06:04 PM »
Well,  from what I've heard,  the remaining doses have been released,  so line up.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2021, 09:33:39 PM »
Are both doses the same?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2021, 11:18:23 PM »
Are both doses the same?

One is red,  the other is blue.  [tinfoil]  :laugh:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2021, 01:37:40 PM »
There has been some discussion (by whom?) about giving everybody the 1st shot and we'll worry about the 2nd shot later.  One shot is supposed to be 80% to 90% effective.  That would increase herd immunity (if there is such a thing for this virus) faster.  The CDC is against that idea.  I don't know if the 1-shot protocol has really been tested that much; that could be the problem.  Maybe the immunity doesn't last very long.

Both seem like valid approaches.  I don't think Trump has anything to do with it unless he inserts himself into it.
"It's good, though..."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2021, 02:27:49 PM »
I heard that during one of the tests of the AstraZeneca vaccine (a traditional, non-mRNA vaccine) they accidentally gave a half dose to a part of the trial group and that group actually performed better than the full dose group (90% efficacy vs 70%).
https://www.fiercebiotech.com/biotech/astrazeneca-covid-19-vaccine-data-hint-at-single-dose-efficacy-effect-asymptomatic-cases

Interesting stuff.