Author Topic: The Expanse Season 4  (Read 3683 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: The Expanse Season 4
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2020, 10:12:08 AM »
Season 5 of the Expanse just dropped on Amazon Prime.  It will be the last season with Cas Anvar, so I will be interested to see how they write him out of the series, or if that is not until season 6.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2020, 10:15:26 AM »
Season 5 of the Expanse just dropped on Amazon Prime.  It will be the last season with Cas Anvar, so I will be interested to see how they write him out of the series, or if that is not until season 6.

Thanks for that heads up! I haven't found much new to watch in my 10,000 channels in the last few months and have just been watching reruns of my favorite shows. I'll need to try and pace myself and watch one episode a day to make it last.  :laugh:

First I've heard of Cas Anvar leaving. Not good news IMO, since every show I watch where a main character leaves soon goes downhill or just dies.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2020, 10:21:47 AM »

First I've heard of Cas Anvar leaving. Not good news IMO, since every show I watch where a main character leaves soon goes downhill or just dies.

The Expanse’s Cas Anvar Won’t Be in Season 6
Following a third party investigation of sexual harassment and assault allegations, Cas Anvar will not be in The Expanse's final season.
https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/the-expanse-cas-anvar-fired/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2020, 10:28:33 AM »
I was a bit excited to see Season 5 as it would cover Amos' visit to Earth.  I think that was the last book I read.  Kind of drifted away from the books after that even though I have one or two more.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2020, 11:09:09 AM »
The Expanse’s Cas Anvar Won’t Be in Season 6
Following a third party investigation of sexual harassment and assault allegations, Cas Anvar will not be in The Expanse's final season.
https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/the-expanse-cas-anvar-fired/

So what did he supposedly do? I saw the link to Reddit and I still can't find anything (I'm sure something is somewhere in the bajillion posts). What I mostly saw were statements by the other actors that seem to absolutely be what the lawyers told them to say, since it's all pretty much the same as this:

"I just wanted to reach out to let you know that we hear you. An independent, third party firm has been engaged by our studio, Alcon, to investigate. These very serious allegations are being treated with the utmost respect and gravity they deserve.
Sincerely,
Steven."

I saw that Dominique Tapper is apparently a major pusher of the allegations while not having experienced anything Anvar is accused of. Sure sounds like more of that comic / video game SJW stuff. I'll reassess if I see some actual documentation about what he allegedly did.

I also see that Season six will be the final season regardless. Oh well, it was great while it lasted.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2020, 11:31:07 AM »
So what did he supposedly do? I saw the link to Reddit and I still can't find anything (I'm sure something is somewhere in the bajillion posts).

Probably came out for Trump. Well, time for some sexual harassment charges to ruin him. I'm only half, maybe not even close to half, joking.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2020, 11:47:38 AM »
I read several posts on the Anvar matter.  Allegedly, at the various Comic Cons and conventions, he has a habit of drinking and then grabbing boobs without consent in addition to sending inappropriate text messages and having sex with groupies who may or may not have been impaired, and some of whom were underage. 

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2020, 11:57:03 AM »
Just think: if he had taken a job with the TSA he'd be getting employee of the month.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2020, 12:17:23 PM »
I read several posts on the Anvar matter.  Allegedly, at the various Comic Cons and conventions, he has a habit of drinking and then grabbing boobs without consent in addition to sending inappropriate text messages and having sex with groupies who may or may not have been impaired, and some of whom were underage. 

Sounds like a dem fund raiser party
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2020, 04:26:48 PM »

So... a Dem.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2020, 04:31:59 PM »
Cas Anvar did not kill himself.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2020, 10:17:53 PM »
Watched the first 3 episodes of Season 5.

Baltimore looks about the same as today.

- Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2020, 09:44:03 PM »
Dammit,  I didn't realize before watching the first episode that this is another series Amazon is dropping at an episode per week. If I'd caught that, I would have put off watching it for a few more weeks. I like watching one episode per day after a series drops. Oh well.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2021, 07:55:59 PM »
Some months ago I tried S1E1 of The Expanse.  I made it about halfway through that first episode before I shut it off.  It just didn't interest me.
Segue to last Thursday.  Decided to try it again and managed to get hooked this time.  It's not great, but it is decent and worth watching in my opinion.  I am tired of the sound in the vacuum of space thing though.  I guess Firefly spoiled me in that regard.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2021, 09:37:32 PM »
I was looking forward to season 4. I cancelled my Prime account yesterday and will no longer support Amazon.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2021, 09:42:12 PM »
soap2day.to has every episode of The Expanse released so far.

- Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2021, 12:08:46 PM »
The current season of The Expanse has been pretty good so far. 

Tactics question in the Expanse Universe:  If your ship is being chased, why not fire the PPC's at the ship that is trailing?  Seems to me it ought to be hard to detect and not so easy to dodge since if figure the stream would scatter at distance.  Just curious what some of you think about it.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge