Author Topic: Islamist Website Instructs Mujahideen to troll forum boards  (Read 3419 times)

Ron

Islamist Website Instructs Mujahideen to troll forum boards
« on: March 19, 2007, 10:23:10 AM »
http://www.memri.org/bin/opener_latest.cgi?ID=SD150807

March 20, 2007    No.1508

Islamist Website Instructs Mujahideen in Using Popular U.S. Web Forums to Foster Anti-War Sentiment among Americans

In the past few months, Islamists engaged in "media jihad" have increased their efforts to expose as broad a Western audience as possible to their jihad films, which purport to document the growing success of the mujahideen in Iraq and Afghanistan. As part of this endeavor, they have posted jihad films on popular free video-sharing websites such as YouTube, LiveLeak, and Google Video, hoping that such films will tip public opinion in the West against the war in Iraq and Afghanistan - thus pressuring Western governments to withdraw their troops from these countries.

As part of the campaign to foster anti-war sentiment among Westerners, and more specifically among Americans, a member of the Al-Mohajroon Islamist website with the username Al-Wathiq Billah instructed mujahideen in how to infiltrate popular American forums and to use them to distribute jihad films and spread disinformation about the war.

The following are excerpts: [1]

"Raiding American Forums is Among the Most Important Means of Obtaining Victory in the Fierce Media War& and of Influencing the Views of the Weak-Minded American"

"There is no doubt, my brothers, that raiding American forums is among the most important means of obtaining victory in the fierce media war... and of influencing the views of the weak-minded American who pays his taxes so they will go to the infidel American army. This American is an idiot and does not [even] know where Iraq is... [It is therefore] mandatory for every electronic mujahid [to engage in this raiding]."

"It is better that you raid non-political forums such as music forums and trivia forums... which American people... favor... Define your target[ed forum]... and get to know it well... Post your contribution and do not get into... futile arguments..."

Indicate You Are an American

"Obviously, you have to register yourself using a purely American name... Choose an icon that indicates that you are an American, and place it next to your nickname [in the forum]."

"In my experience, the areas most visited in American forums... [are titled] 'Random Thoughts' and 'What's going on in your mind?'... [The former] takes priority in the American forums, and is highly popular. You should post your contribution there... This should include films of the mujahideen in Iraq, mujahideen publications in English, and images and films of the Americans' crimes, [such as] killing unarmed civilians in Iraq... etc."

"Invent Stories About American Soldiers You Have [Allegedly] Personally Known"

"Obviously, you should post your contribution... as an American... You should correspond with visitors to this forum, [bringing to their attention] the frustrating situation of their troops in Iraq... You should invent stories about American soldiers you have [allegedly] personally known (as classmates... or members in a club who played baseball and tennis with you) who were drafted to Iraq and then committed suicide while in service by hanging or shooting themselves..."

"Also, write using a sad tone, and tell them that you feel sorry for your [female] neighbor or co-worker who became addicted to alcohol or drugs... because her poor fiancé, a former soldier in Iraq, was paralyzed or [because] his legs were amputated... [Use any story] which will break their spirits, oh brave fighter for the sake of God..."

How to Make Americans Feel Frustrated With Their Government

"You should enter into debate or respond only if it is extremely necessary... Your concern should [only] be introducing topics which... will cause [them to feel] frustration and anger towards their government..., which will... render them hostile to Bush... and his Republican Party and make them feel they must vote ton bring the troops back from Iraq as soon as possible."

"Do not... discuss issues pertaining to Arabs or Muslims at all, whether negatively or positively... because this could be a trap for you... In addition, do not ask people to circulate the material [you have posted] in other forums... as these types of requests will expose you..."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Islamist Website Instructs Mujahideen to troll forum boards
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 10:27:51 AM »
Let the accusations begin!

280plus is clearly an Islamist seminar troller.   laugh
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

crt360

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 11:38:07 AM »
"Obviously, you have to register yourself using a purely American name... Choose an icon that indicates that you are an American, and place it next to your nickname [in the forum]."

fistful?

"You should enter into debate or respond only if it is extremely necessary...

Maybe not.  laugh
For entertainment purposes only.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 11:50:45 AM »
If you insult them, do they make a last post of "allahu akbar!" and then delete themselves?

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 11:59:05 AM »
Quote from: crt360
"You should enter into debate or respond only if it is extremely necessary...

Maybe not.  laugh

ROTFLMAO!!!

Chris

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 12:07:44 PM »
saw that earlier on Drudge. 
I have also seen them online already.  Every board I visit now has had an influx of new members just SO concerned about the direction America is going.  Always picking, always so sad that America has become the "Great Satan".
Of course, to be honest, its hard to tell the Muzzy trolls from the DhimmiCrat whack jobs.  laugh

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 12:12:40 PM »
I chuckle every time I see a MEMRI dispatch.  It's like reading the Hamas dispatches to get an "accurate, unbiased picture of Jewish society and culture." 

FYI-MEMRI was founded by and is run by Israeli intelligence officials.  I'm serious-that's not internet rumor or conspiracy theory.  And it doesn't make every translation false....it just means you should be wary of an agenda when you read it.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 12:14:04 PM »
I am John Wayne, own horse ranch in Wyoming. One of my cowboys killed while fighting the glorious Mujahideen in Bagdahd.

Oppose this war, weak-minded Americans.

Yippe kah yeah, ok?

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007, 12:43:58 PM »
If you insult them, do they make a last post of "allahu akbar!" and then delete themselves?

laugh

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2007, 12:46:33 PM »
I chuckle every time I see a MEMRI dispatch.  It's like reading the Hamas dispatches to get an "accurate, unbiased picture of Jewish society and culture." 

FYI-MEMRI was founded by and is run by Israeli intelligence officials.  I'm serious-that's not internet rumor or conspiracy theory.  And it doesn't make every translation false....it just means you should be wary of an agenda when you read it.

I've never heard of such a connection.  But I don't doubt there is one.  OTOH there is such bias in favor of Arabs and especially Palestinians in the media some balance is desirable.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2007, 12:51:05 PM »
The Rabbi,

I agree, you need balance.  And I think there should be an outlet for the genuine Israeli side of this conflict-I just think everyone should be clear on who is coming from what side.  If we read Al Jazeera on the Palestinians, it's obvious what their slant is going to be and what sources and biases they will have.  Most people don't know that about MEMRI, so I think it's good to make it known where possible.

Here's a neat article about Col. Yigal Carmon, the founder of MEMRI:

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1162378407552&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FPrinter
'Facts are bipartisan," says Middle East Media Research Institute founder and president Yigal Carmon, leaning back in the large chair behind the desk of his Jerusalem office, one of many international branches - among them a bureau in Baghdad.

Carmon, 60, is clearly used to having to reiterate this seeming axiom. Since establishing MEMRI in 1998 to "bridge the language gap between the Middle East and the West," Carmon and his material have been received with a combination of angst and ambivalence on the part of the press and politicians who don't like what they're seeing.

And what they're seeing is what Carmon refers to as the "reality" of the Arab-Muslim world.
How Carmon - who served as a colonel in IDF Intelligence from 1968-88; as acting head of the Civil Administration in Judea and Samaria and its adviser on Arab affairs from 1977-82; as counterterrorism adviser to prime ministers Yitzhak Shamir and Yitzhak Rabin from 1988-93; and as a delegate to Israeli peace negotiations with Syria in Madrid and Washington in 1991-92 - presents this "reality" is by monitoring Arabic publications, radio and TV broadcasts and religious sermons. These he translates - himself and with the help of a vast and highly trained staff - into many languages and circulates over the Internet. He also presents his findings to the US Congress and European parliaments.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2007, 01:11:53 PM »
Remember - vote for anyone but a Republican, so that they may have the peaceful hiatus in which to rebuild, retrain, and rearm to ensure the eradication of all non-believers (generally including their fellow muslims who aren't as radically nutjob in their beliefs).

Blog under construction

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2007, 02:09:27 PM »

Maybe they DDOS the server...... or just post a pic of an explosion.

OR maybe blow themselves and their computer up... ( Here's hoping)
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

Strings

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2007, 03:08:28 PM »
>I am John Wayne, own horse ranch in Wyoming. One of my cowboys killed while fighting the glorious Mujahideen in Bagdahd.

Oppose this war, weak-minded Americans.

Yippe kah yeah, ok?<

You realize Dick, I'm now picturing you in traditional Arab garb, wielding a jambiya and tulwar...

NOT a picture to engender fear... :neener:

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2007, 06:14:29 PM »
Y'know, Bill, I think you're right.

I just emailed my old friend Dick Cheney that photo of you in your leather skirt, combat boots, with all your tattoos as well as your ponytail.

He's going to circulate the picture in the Arab countries, with the headline, "is this what you had in mind when you were thinking about 72 virgins?"

(neener)

Strings

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2007, 06:19:03 PM »
that kilt is denim, Dick... not leather... :neener:

Besides... I don't think I qualify as a virgin anymore (and I have the referances to prove it). IF you'ld like to argue that point, take it up with Spoon at the next MG shoot... Tongue

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2007, 06:22:44 PM »
Leather, schmeather. We'll just tell the Mujahideen that it's made from pigskin.

Strings

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2007, 06:27:14 PM »
Ok... you just made Spoon spew coffee... good job!

I notice you're leaving the other part alone, too...

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2007, 07:39:37 PM »
What "other part?"

As for me endangering fear on others, you know very well I don't do that. I'm as gentle as a lamb.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2007, 09:04:57 PM »
My mistake. Your term was "engender fear."

I don't "engender" anyone.

As for virginity, I lost mine before you were born. Can't say that it was the right thing to do and, if I had it to do all over again, I wouldn't have done it.

There...is that enough "right wing" dogma for you? Wink

Dang Pagans. Always posting pictures of themselves in ridiculous garb, their wives naked, spewing the words of the Anti-Christ, and generally making a nuisance of themselves.

And, Bill, those are just your positives. Wink

Strings

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2007, 10:16:57 PM »
are ya sure? I mean, positively? :neener:

Besides... at least I can serve as a good bad example...

"Look out kids: follow the straight and narrow path, or end up like THAT guy!"

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2007, 02:13:25 AM »

"Look out kids: follow the straight and narrow path, or end up like THAT guy!"

That's pretty much what keeps me in church.   cheesy

Warren

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2007, 02:01:29 PM »
You realize Dick, I'm now picturing you in traditional Arab garb, wielding a jambiya and tulwar...

Isn't that a soup or stew?

StopTheGrays

• friend
  • bah...
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2007, 03:05:36 PM »

Allahu Akbar?

Does any image illustrate so neatly the wrongheadedness of the Obama administration than Americans scrambling in terror from Air Force One?
Just great…Chicago politics has spread to all 57 states.
They told me if I voted for John McCain, my country would look like it is run by people with a disturbing affinity towards fascism. And they were right!

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2007, 03:09:07 PM »
ITS A TRAP!!!
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.