Author Topic: How did you meet/marry your spouse?  (Read 18047 times)

P95Carry

How did you meet/marry your spouse?
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2005, 05:44:27 AM »
Upcoming wedding eh Bill??  Well .... guess you won't have too far to drive ... ceremony is I take it at Canterbury cathedral ?? Cheesy :neener:

Best of luck - but take something for that nausea .... ya know what I mean ! Wink
Chris - P95
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.
Rohrbaugh interest/ownership? - Rohrbaugh Forum Rohrbaugh R9 FAQ Site

Stetson

• friends
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2005, 06:17:27 AM »
On the internet, in a chat room.  Both were bored, we had talked for about 3 months before this, and decided to go on a date.  We have been together almost 2 yrs, next weekend being our one year wedding anniversary.

BrokenPaw

• friends
  • Sedit qvi timvit ne non svccederet.
    • ShadowGrove Interpath Ministry
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2005, 06:42:09 AM »
I had just come from a Renaissance Faire rehearsal, and I was stuck in Elizabethan dialect[0].  I stopped in the Discovery Channel store to pick up a Galileo thermometer for my office (I'd started a new job 4 days before, and needed some cool stuff to spruce the place up).  I was staring disconsolately at the single display model that was the color I wanted (one that was all-blue), and at the endless boxes of multi-colored (and therefore precisely wrong) ones.

A rather cute female employee came up to me, and asked if she could help me.  I gestured to the display, and said (still stuck in dialect), "None of these are right.  I want a blue one, and all of these have these horrid other colours in."

She noticed my accent, and wanted (so I found out later) to know what part of the UK I was from.  So she asked me, "You aren't from around here, are you?"  Then she blushed.  Then we talked for about 30 minutes.  Then I asked her to meet me when she went on break.  Then, on her break, I asked her to dinner after her store closed.  Then, at dinner, we talked until they threw us out of the restaurant so they could go home (at 1 in the morning).  Then I told her I wasn't done talking with her, and asked if she's like to come back to my place.  Then, back at my place, we sat on the couch and talked until 5am.

Going to work the next day sucked.

2.5 years later, we were married, in our own back yard, in what is becoming a rather well-known Grove in Manassas.

-BP

• And I didn't have any beer in my pickup truck, either.
Seek out wisdom in books, rare manuscripts, and cryptic poems if you will, but seek it also in simple stones and fragile herbs and in the cries of wild birds. Listen to the song of the wind and the roar of water if you would discover magic, for it is here that the old secrets are still preserved.

TonyB

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2005, 07:06:08 AM »
I met my wife in church..we were both in the band...she was the singer and I was the drummer.....she stood right in front of me...very distracting.We hung around with a small group of church people.The group got smaller and smaller..and I finally got up the nerv to ask her out just the 2 of us.....about 2 years later we got married on a sunday during our service..that was 6 years ago.....still seems like yesterday.....I never thought I'd be married to such a beauty......go to church..God rewards you Cheesy
I may be paranoid,but that's only because they're after me.....

BillBlank

• friend
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2005, 08:08:58 AM »
So Tony, let me get this straight, you were in the church band and spent your sundays staring at singers bottoms.

Hallelujah!

God does indeed work in mysterious ways his wonders to perform.

Chris - Cuba actually, Neither of us are that way inclined, now do excuse me I have a goat to prepare.

Regards,

Bill, the kebab loving pagan Smiley
Just so happens Satan's behind the bar pulling the late shift for a buddy...

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2005, 01:01:49 PM »
I met my Frauline at school.  I was a greaser.  In other words, I was an auto hobby shop guy.  Funny thing was, I was in with the preppies as well.  Had the best of both worlds.  Cheerleaders and normal chicks.  

Back on topic, I met her thru other friends in the hobby shop.  I started hanging out with them and we got to know each other better.  Everyone told her to stay away from me cause I was a player but she had to find out for herself.  Bad mistake.  

Anyway, we have been together for 23 years and married for the last 20.  Wow, 20 years with the same woman.  Who would of thunk it. cheesy

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2005, 01:17:20 PM »
"I was a greaser."

Lennyjoe, I wonder how many young people on this forum don't know what that means. Wink

Phantom Warrior

• friend
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2005, 03:27:39 PM »
I tackled Jon in a frisbee game...

Most romantic way to start off a love story EVER!!

(For anyone who doesn't get it, read my Profile)

grampster

• friend
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2005, 03:38:13 PM »
Monkeyleg,

The same ones who don't know what the hoods were. Cool
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Pebcac

• friend
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2005, 06:51:42 AM »
More high school sweethearts here.  Dated three years, married during the first year of college.  That was 11 years and three children ago.   Smiley
Problem exists between computer and chair.

Chris

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2005, 07:50:15 AM »
First, let me say thanks to Oleg for giving us a new playground.
Second, let me say how good it is to see that all of you followed along and joined in here at the new playground.  

The Mrs. and I were acquaintances in law school.  Both signed up for an internship with the Justice Department, and spent most of third yar in law school hanging out together.  Just friends (I was practically engaged to a high school English teacher).  After graduation, she got a job as a Prosecuting Attorney/DA in the middle of Ohio while she studied for the Bar, and I got a job shoveling blacktop for a paving company in Cincinnati, a second job as a lifeguard, while I studied for the Bar.  Right after I passed (still shoveling blacktop) she called and said the had an opening in the office.  I applied, got hired on, and we started hanging out again.  I ditched the almost fiance for a red headed vixen/lawyer and a month of fun before red left me for a lawyer with a Porsche, a BMW, and a big bank account.  Started hanging out more with the Mrs., and we ended up drunk on the couch together one Saturday night after a big party, and well, we, uh, we kind of started dating   :twisted: .  Married 8 years in May of this year.

BTW, she wasn't a fan of guns when we started hanging out, but now she LOVES the Beretta 92FS.   Cheesy