Author Topic: Well, I don't have to worry anymore....  (Read 4377 times)

P95Carry

Well, I don't have to worry anymore....
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2005, 06:27:07 PM »
Gramps - thx for the skinny on the tests etc.  Looks maybe very well treatable... and things could perhaps be a lot worse.  Have to look on bright side of everything.

We'll be rooting for ya - of that you can be sure!
Chris - P95
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.
Rohrbaugh interest/ownership? - Rohrbaugh Forum Rohrbaugh R9 FAQ Site

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2005, 11:59:54 PM »
Take good care of yourself!

Sean Smith

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2005, 06:36:45 AM »
Quote from: grampster
I've also discovered just about everybody male either has prostate cancer, had prostate cancer, or knows somebody that does or has.  What in the world is this all about?
My dad recently had prostate cancer surgery.  Apparently almost every male eventually gets it, but for most it is slow enough that they never notice it before they die of something else.

You REALLY need to make sure you get a top-notch surgeon for this.  Done right, the operation itself takes forever, but avoids damaging *any* significant nerves, and you can recover from it really, *really* well.  As in, everything works in a matter of months.  My dad is setting some kind of land speed record for recovery, but his surgeon was really top-notch.  Some surgeons are relatively lazy or backwards in how they do it, and results in nerve damage and a very slow recovery.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2005, 07:02:36 AM »
Sean,

Give your dad a "thumbs up" from me.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2005, 01:12:45 PM »
Hey, how are you feeling?

Nathaniel Firethorn

• friend
  • Extra Thorny
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2005, 05:11:27 PM »
+1

My dad died from that crud. My grandfather had it too. It's the reason I get the rubber glove massage once a year.

Glad they caught it early. You've got a good chance to make it farther than either of them did.

- NF
Give up no state. Give up no ground.

http://www.njcsd.org

grampster

• friend
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2005, 05:20:21 PM »
Barbara,
Right now, on vacation till July 12th.  Work for couple weeks.  Surgery at U of M on July 28th, home on 29th.  Recuperation takes about 2 weeks, malinger for another week, minimum, err, maybe two.  Other than the obvious side trip to Ann Arbor, seems like a got a summer vacation I haven't had since grade school.

I actually feel pretty good.  It's not a thing that generally gives one any discomfort unless it's advanced.  (My little invader is not)  After awhile the shock sort of wears off.  I actually don't think about it much and when I do, I have a sense of calm confidence tempered with a sense of wonder.  

I did catch myself looking at a package of Depends for Men in the drug store this morning, heh heh heh.  SWMBO is not feeling so sorry for me anymore either, so my free pass on an extra cocktail or two and a jelly donut has been revoked..sigh.....Tongue
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2005, 05:33:33 PM »
Best of luck, gramp.   Take care of yourself.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

BillBlank

• friend
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2005, 02:54:38 AM »
Being my usual charitable and sympatheticself I've tried to think of ways of getting you comfortable with wearing depends should it come to that.

So I googled "Men in nappies".

It turns out that taking up Sumo wrestling is about your best option for a socially acceptable way of enjoying your new lifestyle. Get eating those doughnuts grampster as I think of a good way to explain to my wife why she'll find that search next time she uses google.

Enjoy the time off, if you need to relax do some paragliding, very mellow way to fly and shouldn't be that expensive to get some time with an instructor at a local club.
Just so happens Satan's behind the bar pulling the late shift for a buddy...