Author Topic: The Health Benefits of Whiskey  (Read 575 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
The Health Benefits of Whiskey
« on: October 19, 2020, 09:26:39 AM »
While some of this sounds a little fishy, I'm willing to accept them in order to rationalize downing the booze.  :laugh:

https://www.wideopeneats.com/10-reasons-drink-whiskey-good-health/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: The Health Benefits of Whiskey
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 09:41:27 AM »
I'll drink to that
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 09:54:30 AM »
My whiskey (and coffee) consumption tends to have immediate, significant health benefits for the folks on the other end of the conference call.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, 12:58:11 AM »
Since I'm subject to drug tests for any of 6 different reasons, and since I'm diabetic and beer will ensure you lose a leg  ;/ , I asked my doc a few years ago for something to take the edge off after a stressful day at work. She prescribed clonazepam. When they got unreasonably difficult about renewing scripts for them, I asked my doc for her opinion about Whiskey since, being distilled, it contains no carbs.  I am now under doctor's orders (permission, really) to have a drink a day after work. No guidance was given as to how much constitutes a "drink".  I really, really like my endocrinologist.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.