Author Topic: Dogs: Single ormultiple  (Read 1943 times)

bratch

• friend
Dogs: Single ormultiple
« on: May 27, 2005, 05:58:16 PM »
How many dogs do you have?  Do you prefer just one or some multiple of that number? Why?

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2005, 06:30:49 PM »
Dog.  Its whats for dinner. cheesy

I've none now, but growing up we usually had multiple dogs, and if I had dogs now, thats what I would have.  For the same reason I have multible cats, so they can keep other company when I'm away, and for a companion of their own species.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

onions!

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2005, 06:39:01 PM »
Three.A mini pack.

LaTropa64

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2005, 08:04:18 PM »
Just one. I would like two for the companionship amongst themselves reason but it's enough fun taking care of one dog. I take her for walks every single day and sometimes it can get pretty interesting. I don't know if I'm ready to be one of those people holding 2 or more dogs on a leash.

Greg L

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2005, 02:23:32 AM »
I've got 4.  2 of them were intentional, the other two essentially showed up (at different times) & announced that they were home & wanted to know what was for breakfast.  We've got the room & they all get along so why not.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2005, 03:30:19 AM »
We like our dogs plural,as in "two or more."  They get into less trouble, that way, once they sort out the pack order.  Instead of chewing on your stuff & furniture, they chew on each other.  Its a win-win situation.

We currently have two, as our home is space-limited.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2005, 06:13:33 AM »
Two.

I only wanted one, but Ruger wasn't doing so well home while I was at work, so I got her a pack mate.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2005, 06:33:04 AM »
Two dogs keep each other company.  With one dog I think there's more of a bonding between you and the dog; they become your friend as you're their only outlet for affection.

SouthpawShootr

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2005, 05:19:08 PM »
I have 5.  First and second were from a local sheltie breeder.  Second one was purchased as a companion to the first.  The next three were products of the companionship of the first two.  The third one is a decidedly "people" dog.  He loves everybody.  Outgoing, friendly, and full of energy.  He endeared himself to my mother and she insisted that he be kept.  Numbers 4 & 5 were litter mates and were inseparable from a very young age.  We intended to keep #4, but #5 was totally lost without #4 and #5 had a temperament that can only be described as extremely kindhearted.  They keep each other company when we're out of the house and frequently play with each other.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2005, 12:55:14 PM »
I've whittled my herd down to one.  She's an awesome dog, but is getting up there in years.  When her time comes, who knows.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Azrael256

• friend
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2005, 01:30:13 PM »
We have one.  She's extremely rotten, and acutely aware of the fact that she is "the baby."  We're keeping the number low because we don't have a whole lot of space.

Now, as for me...  I would like to have about ten really well trained GSDs.  I can't come up with any practical use for them, I just think it would be really cool to have them follow me around all the time.  I'm sure feeding and caring for them would probably kill that idea pretty quickly, but it's funny to think about.  I'll probably end up with one of them.

Larry Ashcraft

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2005, 01:41:16 PM »
Two.  They keep each other company, and, around here, a single dog can be coyote bait.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2005, 09:31:03 AM »
if you are talking Jack Russell Terrors

the recomendation is no more than two

three will at some point morph into the 2 and the 1

the 1 could become "lunch"

http://www.workingterrier.com/articles/sixrussells.shtml
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Schuey2002

• friend
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2005, 09:59:35 AM »
One. His name is Buck and he is a full-blown couch potato!! cheesy

spinr

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2005, 12:04:27 PM »
I've got two currently.  Only had a male Min. Pinscher for about 4 years and then just about this time last year I got a female Boxer.  Partly so that the other dog would have some company, and partly because I'd really been wanting a Boxer for some time.

I think my Min. Pin. is somewhat put-out with me and jealous, though.  Because he's no longer the one-and-only ruler of the roost... and because he routinely endures situations like this...