Author Topic: How about this logic?  (Read 2304 times)

Larry Ashcraft

• Administrator
How about this logic?
« on: May 30, 2005, 04:50:01 PM »
Sandy's logic:

Given:  Fruits and vegetables are good for you.

Given:  Strawberries are fruit

Therefore:  Strawberry shortcake is good for you.

Old Fud

• friend
How about this logic?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2005, 04:58:41 PM »
And whipped cream is milk.  
What more could you ask?
Change is Bad!

How about this logic?
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005, 05:20:43 PM »
Makes sense to me coach.  *grin*

I ever tell ya about Strawberry Shish-ka- bobs? I haven't - pay attention.  

Take the wooden skewers, skew the berries, rinse. Done. Now ya have a shish-ka-bob to eat while watching a movie, to sit on the deck to see the sun come up, see the sunset. Maybe to just wander around the yard...

Keeping these ready and in the fridge for "grab and go".

If'n ya want, dip these in chocolate - try white chocolate *yummy*.

One can get fancy and alternate, strawberries, kiwi, cantaloupe, honey dew...

I'll fight for honey dew and strawberries btw...*grin*

Blackberries on a skewer....now that one is a bit tricky....

brimic

• friends
How about this logic?
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 05:21:11 PM »
Sounds good to me. I would draw the line before the logic progressed to strawberry flavored ho-hos however.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

grampster

• friend
How about this logic?
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2005, 06:41:02 PM »
Thank you brother sm, now I have drool all over my keyboard.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
How about this logic?
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2005, 06:49:56 PM »
Eh, never been a fan of Strawberry shortcake.  

I do make an excellent strawberry daiquiri.  Ironically, I don't care for them very much, but my female friends do.  I have literally been forced in the past to make them at gunpoint.  (For the guys, a bit of advice I learned.  Never argue with a group of armed alcohol-deprived women.  It's unhealthy.)

Can Sandy's logic be ported over to strawberry related alcoholic beverages?
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Standing Wolf

• friend
How about this logic?
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2005, 07:03:20 PM »
Potato chips are vegetables.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

Justin

• friend
How about this logic?
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2005, 07:09:23 PM »
Larry-

Her logic cannot be refuted!
Your secretary is not a graphic designer, and Microsoft Word is not adequate for print design.

How about this logic?
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2005, 07:41:04 PM »
Potato chips are vegetables.
Yep- and so are Fritos.  These go great with Sandy's Salsa. *wink*

Chips , dips and Salsa takes care of veggies.

You know a Strawberry Pie would also fill the fruit req's ?  *ahem*  *hint*  *hint* .

How about this logic?
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2005, 11:57:16 PM »
Chocolate is made from beans and is therefore a vegetable.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
How about this logic?
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2005, 03:34:18 AM »
Larry, doesn't this include Fig Newtons?

Please say "yes"!  *El Tejon does the hard part on top of desk*
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

mhdishere

• friend
How about this logic?
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2005, 05:23:52 AM »
OK, here me out on this one:

Heat tends to move from a place if higher concentration to a place of lower concentration until equilibrium is reached.  Put something hot next to something cold, the cold thing will get warmer and the hot thing cooler until they reach the same temperature.

Calories are a measure of heat.

A fudge brownie has a lot of calories

Diet soda has zero calories.

Put a brownie next to a can of diet soda preferably touching it.

Wait a while, half the calories will move from the brownie to the soda, equilibrium will be reached.

You now have a brownie with half the original calories, and a can of diet soda with the other half of the calories.  If desired you can repeat this process with fresh cans of soda to get 1/4, 1/8, 1/16 etc the calories.  Throw away the soda(s) and eat the brownie, and don't feel guilty, it's now a low-cal brownie.

Preacherman

How about this logic?
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2005, 06:46:02 AM »
And the Grand Prize goes to mdishere for making Einstein loop the loop in his grave! cheesy
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional!

Please visit my blog: http://bayourenaissanceman.blogspot.com/

How about this logic?
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2005, 07:15:57 AM »
When I took Anat/Phys  from a Dr. whom taught med students and such...

It was a night class, so not unusal for us all to eat in class. Not uncommon for a bag of chips, cookies, candy bars, or fruit to be passed around. I mean is was cheaper than the vending machines...

"Andenosine Triphospate, yes ladies and gents we'll just call it ATP, this is very important, Energy from carbs...now pass them Chocolate Chip Cookies my way..."

Some of the ladies discovered just how useful a disposable scalpel can be to fix strawberries in the lab - it wasa  "lab project" on how surgar "metabolizes".

Made the Dr. spew his coke when he came to the area I and some other were disecting a sheep and human brain...oh it was not so much the comments about Sheeple, it was seeing the bottle of Tobasco and Worchestershire sauce on the lab table...I was using a Case Trapper, my lab partner ( a lady) was using a Swiss Army knife...we were out of scaples...so we adapted...

I think the parsley and the arrangement of  how we sliced the brain up to "display" is what did it.  Some others didn't see the humor...

Most fun class , and most useful class I ever took.

Larry Ashcraft

• Administrator
How about this logic?
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2005, 07:40:11 AM »
Strawberry kabobs, hmmm.  That's a great idea, after washing four sets of sticky fingers on Saturday.  My neighbor planted 3/4 acres of strawberries as an experiment, not to see if they would produce, but to see if they would sell.  Well, it's too early to open the markets, and the berries are ready.  We picked five gallons on Saturday, put up a bunch of jam, and then had shortcake two nights in a row.

Standing Wolf and Barbara, I like your logic.   Here's another rule for potato chips: Whatever size bag they come in, it is an "individual serving".

And mhdishere, that makes perfect sense to me, thanks.

Waitone

• friend
How about this logic?
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2005, 07:59:14 AM »
Reminds me of Bill Cosby's schtik about him trying to convince his wife the chocolate cake he gave to the kids was in reality a nutritionally balance meal.  Sounded pretty good to me!
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

How about this logic?
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2005, 08:26:50 AM »
I had Blueberry & Cheescake muffins for breakfast.
I may have Strawberry muffins tomorrow.
My favorite muffin is Blackberry.

MY Muffin consists of ONE BIG muffin made in a 6" cast iron skillet. *grin*

Saves getting out the muffin pan, and the baking cups...having to separate them cups. Cleanup? What Cleanup?

Flip that puppy out onto a paper plate, wipe cast iron skillet with paper towel - and done. Stand over sink - eat my muffin, with fingers, toss paper plate - done.  I like simple.  I often just shake the batter in a tall styrofoam cup, pour into skillet and chunk the cup.

Granted the other day I did enjoy the Strawberry Pie for Breakfast...Beats dirtying up a cereal bowl , and putting strawberries in the cereal...

I figured I needed the extra ATP's  *grin*

Cosby was right..." milk, eggs,surgar....all healthy" . Calcium , protein, and glucose, (carbs - ATP for energy) - works for me....*smile*

brimic

• friends
How about this logic?
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2005, 03:20:15 PM »
Some of the ladies discovered just how useful a disposable scalpel can be to fix strawberries in the lab - it wasa  "lab project" on how surgar "metabolizes".
Not really food related, but equipment related....

Back in college I took and animal physiology class and one of the experiments was recording basal temperatures of ground squirrels while they come out of hybernation. the next day in a laboratory next door, a different prof sent me over to that lab to get a few more thermocouples for an experiment that we were doing. I went to the physiology lab, grabbed a 1/2 dozen thermocouples and brought them back. Before I could protest, the prof stuck a thormocouple, which yesterday resided in a ground squirrel's 'basal', between his lips to straighten it out.:/

Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
How about this logic?
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2005, 03:50:09 PM »
One of my pet theories has always been that bacon is really greasy, so if you eat lots and lots of it, the grease will lubricate your arteries and help the blood nicely flow along.  Smiley
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

P95Carry

How about this logic?
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2005, 05:24:43 PM »
Larry - give me strawberiies in almost any form!  Yum!
Chris - P95
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.
Rohrbaugh interest/ownership? - Rohrbaugh Forum Rohrbaugh R9 FAQ Site

brimic

• friends
How about this logic?
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2005, 05:32:32 PM »
When I ran track in high school I did what I called 'resistance training.' By my logic, if I could run a 11 1/2 minute 2 mile after having a cigarette, I should have been able to run even better times at the track meet if I didn't smoke for 24 hours before the meet.

Barack Obama

Paddy

How about this logic?
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2005, 05:48:26 PM »
Works for me.