Author Topic: Counter-Strike Sniper rifles  (Read 1642 times)

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
Counter-Strike Sniper rifles
« on: June 02, 2005, 12:32:33 PM »
Am I the only one that can't stand them?  It annnoys me to play the game all tactically, then have some retard come running and jumping around the corner with a scoped sniper and kill me.  I HATE THE AWP.
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005, 01:48:45 PM »
Running and jumping?  You mean like the bunny-hopping that plagued Call of Duty MP?
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

HForrest

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2005, 01:51:51 PM »
Yeah, AWPs suck. Of course, I'd have a different opinion if I could actually use them well, but I'm better with fast-paced shorter range combat. I ownz joo with the MP5.

jefnvk

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005, 02:06:51 PM »
Sindawe, never seen it near as much on COD as CS.  Then again, I play CoD:UO much more, which has the stamina thing.  But yeah, the bunny hopping.  Why can't anyone make a game in which the sniper rifle doesn't stay scoped if you move more than a step?

spacemanspiff

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2005, 02:56:06 PM »
i play Black Hawk Down, the !EID tdm server or !LN.
unless its a very small map, i have the m21 rifle, for the large maps i take the 300crt rifle, 18x scope baby! makes those 1000 yard shots easy!

i'm still trying to find a BHD server that is rifles only, nothing full auto. or at least no saws or m249's or the like that lets nooby noobs run the map spray and praying. i'd settle for letting the m16 and m4's stay, at least they have to reload every couple of seconds.
Wear a Yellow Armband!

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2005, 03:36:20 PM »
jefnvk:  Yea, the stamina was a nice addition to COD, but it still had the freaking health packs.  Personally I like the damage system in Brothers in Arms much better.  No med-kits, no magic healing potions, take enough damage (or a lucky shot the head) and you're toast.

Its been awhile since I've played COD:UO, but did'nt the rifle loose aim when you moved?
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

jefnvk

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2005, 06:40:12 PM »
You know, I don't remember.  Dang, I'll have to go play it.

Been meaning to try Brothers in Arms.  Is it pretty good?

I still like Ghost Recon the best.  Arm shot or leg shot would drop you, maybe not kill you, but you wouldn't be able to take a couple hits and get a lucky head shot on me.

And yeah, I dislike CS, but until DOD Source gets out, I'm still playing it.  Just an awesome physics and graphics engine powering it.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2005, 06:56:25 PM »
IMHO Brothers in Arms kicks COD *** all to heck.  It is a MUCH different gaming eexperience being able to control a fire team and an assult team.  The AI is also much smarter than in COD.  Rather than sit at its scripted point, it will try to outflank you.  Its also A LOT tougher, since as I've mentioned, there are NO magic health packs.  It also take more than one hit with a Panzerfaust to kill a tank (at least the German tanks).  The demo is availabe for DL from the main web site, and from Brothers in Arms files web site. http://brothersinarms.filefront.com/