Author Topic: Zeitgeist, the movie  (Read 13149 times)

jeepmor

• friend
Zeitgeist, the movie
« on: July 23, 2007, 08:40:55 PM »
www.zeitgeistmovie.com

Umm, we should all be scared if only half of this is actually true.

Please watch the whole thing before you start a flame session and try to convince me our government is not capable of such atrocites.

jeepmor
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.

"Oh, so now you're saying they don't have a right to whine about their First Amendment rights?  Fascist."  -fistul

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Zeitgeist, the movie
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 08:53:33 PM »
Five minutes and I'm done.  Just can't take all the conspiracy theories and paranoia anymore.
Your cup of tea, maybe, but not mine.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

jeepmor

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 09:30:19 PM »
Run to the end to see the credits.  They document all their sources for those of you that think this stuff is just made up out of thin air. 

I sympathize with folks that don't want to entertain the theories thinking our government is not capapble of such acts.  But just a little over 50 years ago no one believed Hitler was doing nasty stuff either now did they.

"Oh, so now you're saying they don't have a right to whine about their First Amendment rights?  Fascist."  -fistul

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 09:53:20 PM »
I'd rather not sit through nearly two hours of web video, how about the Reader's Digest version?

I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 10:01:47 PM »
Capable, certainly.  But actually committing, doubtful.
Conspiracies self destruct because people cannot keep their mouths shut.  Especially in this country.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 10:37:50 PM »
I'd rather not sit through nearly two hours of web video, how about the Reader's Digest version?

Can't help you there. The first 20 seconds of seizure-inducing graphics annoyed me.
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 02:39:20 AM »
Please watch the whole thing before you start a flame session and try to convince me our government is not capable of such atrocites.

Why should I watch any of it?  It's telling that the website won't give you a summary of the film.  No, you have to give them your brain for two hours of spooky music and anonymous voice-over.  Or at least that's what the first few minutes were like. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

jeepmor

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2007, 03:18:28 AM »
yes, it's odd, no doubt. 

Readers digest version

part 1 - anatomy of the roots of Christianity, interesting if you can muck through it
part 2 - anatomy of 9/11 - why did it happen, who had what to gain.  We now have a war on terror, an intangible enemy to keep us in fear. 
part 3 - the anatomy of our governement and some of the schemes and power brokers involved in turning us into the New World Order.

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2007, 06:34:26 AM »

Can't help you there. The first 20 seconds of seizure-inducing graphics annoyed me.
I agree.
I can't stand long pointless intros...
I'm going to leave it playing while I go pee...
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2007, 06:58:38 AM »

It's all a huge conspiracy by THEM, and he's the only one smart enough to figure it all out.

Raging paranoia.

Yes, I'm sure that he's meticulously referenced everything.

It's the causal relations that he draws between those items that are suspect...

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2007, 07:53:46 AM »
I have a new theory.
Heaven really exists, but there's no room for idiots.
So God set up all these questionable things to weed them all out.

Reference:
http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

See?  Anyone can do it.
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.

Paddy

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2007, 09:15:32 AM »
OK, I watched the whole thing and here's the bottom line:

manipulation mind control  zionist international banker one world government conspiracy.

The first part is an all out attack on Judeo Christianity, alleging that both faiths are simply copies, knockoffs, of prior astrologically based 'religions'.  The idea that any God whatsoever exists is mocked by that great authority, George Carlin.  Rather, the invention of these faiths is a plot by aforementioned international bankers to enslave us.

The second part deals entirely with 9/11, how the official story is a sham and a scam, and that in fact some of the 9/11 hijackers are alive and well as former employees of the U.S. government, as is  Osama Bin Laden. The WTC towers were actually destroyed with controlled demolitions planted there by the government for the purpose of passing PA I & II and establishing DHS. 

Part three expands the plot and names names.  Rockefeller, the CFR, the Bush family, etc.  FDR is implicated as part of the conspiracy.  JFK was assassinated because he was about to 'out' the conspirators.  Everything is completely controlled by these international bankers, our money supply, the media, government, entertainment, education, etc.  They plan to enslave us all, and are going to implant RFID chips in us soon, very soon. 

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2007, 09:23:45 AM »
You watched the entire thing?

Yow.

Look, if you need psychological counseling to recover from that unmitigated crap festival I'm sure everyone here will kick in.

I'm not sure what's more distressing...

That you were able to stomach watching the whole thing, or that there are acutally people who believe this twaddle...  laugh
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2007, 09:36:10 AM »
Ahhh...thanks for the effort RileyMc.  So its as I expected, bits of truth (religions borrow from each other) mixed in with generous amounts of tin-foil hat lunacy (WTC collapse a planned demolition, Zionists working with The Banking Clan) and flashy images.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2007, 10:27:52 AM »
JFK was assassinated to keep this stuff a secret.
To keep those names a secret.
But these punk kids are free to let loose all their secrets?
Profound!

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2007, 12:27:45 PM »
OH NO!  My faith in everything!!

I'm just impressed they got Stanley Kubrick to do that opening sequence for them.   shocked

I can't find much info about this on the web.  I guess my Google is broken, because all I can find are links to people saying, "Holy cow, this movie is so thought-provoking, I sat and watched it all, even though I really had the munchies, and the pot brownies were all gone." 

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2007, 01:18:10 PM »
From Wiki's page on Horus:
The combination of this, now rather esoteric [Horus] mythology, with the philosophy of Plato, which was becoming popular on the Mediterranean shores, lead to the tale becoming the bases of a mystery religion. Many Greeks, and those of other nations, who encountered the faith, thought it so profound that they sought to create their own, modelled upon it, but using their own gods. This led to the creation of what was effectively one religion, which was, in many places, adjusted to superficially reflect the local mythology although it substantially adjusted them. The religion is known to modern scholars as that of Osiris-Dionysus.

Right.  Religions were constantly intermixing, trying to combine and harmonize their pantheons with others.  So, we have a bunch of gods that happen to have been born of a virgin on the same day, and killed and resurrected.  Then, when Christianity comes along, based on a real God-Man who actually has these characteristics (other than the birth-date) the date of Dec. 25 is assigned for his birth also, despite any evidence of this birth-date.  The other similarities are no big surprise.  If you were creating a god-myth, things like virgin births, resurrections, disciples, would all be par for the course.  The difference with Jesus being that his "myth" did not acrete over time, emerging from the dark mists of deep time.  His story was set down mere decades after his earthly life, by people who had know him, or interviewed eye witnesses. 

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2007, 03:13:59 PM »
I'm gonna have to steal something from The Rabbi for this....

Aw jeez, not this sh!t again!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2007, 05:28:06 PM »
I deserve a medal.  I've made it to 25 minutes.  Now, he's talking about how, if you pick the right words out of the New Testament, you get a secret message about the zodiac.  Like you couldn't do that with the U.S. Constitution or the script to Office Space.  Typical obscurantist nonsense that puts its faith in wild speculation about Christ, rather than believing the plain facts. 

Paddy

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2007, 05:58:25 PM »

The bitch of it is.......many of the individual statements are factual (as far as we know).  But the conclusions reached require an act of faith.  That's the problem.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2007, 06:20:03 PM »
I surely hope no one is silly enough to "Friend" this nut.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2007, 07:39:50 PM »

The bitch of it is.......many of the individual statements are factual (as far as we know).  But the conclusions reached require an act of faith.  That's the problem.

Which is pretty much what Mike just said. 

Paddy

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2007, 08:24:06 PM »
Which is pretty much what Mike just said.
Uh, yeah  that's why I quoted it  rolleyes

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2007, 09:35:29 PM »
The WTC towers were actually destroyed with controlled demolitions planted there by the government for the purpose of passing PA I & II and establishing DHS. 
So you mean those two jets we saw fly into the buildings had nothing to do with it? Huh?  rolleyes
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2007, 09:38:07 PM »
The WTC towers were actually destroyed with controlled demolitions planted there by the government for the purpose of passing PA I & II and establishing DHS. 
So you mean those two jets we saw fly into the buildings had nothing to do with it? Huh?  rolleyes

Those planes were nothing more than Hollywood special effects.  I know this is true because my brother's mechanic's cousin's best friend's uncle heard it on Coast-to-Coast AM.

(Did I get the apostrophes in the right places...?)