Author Topic: The MoveOn smear ad...likely to hurt Hillary?  (Read 19655 times)

Manedwolf

• friend
The MoveOn smear ad...likely to hurt Hillary?
« on: September 14, 2007, 05:36:17 AM »
Wow, even a democrat strategist on this morning had no idea why Hillary hadn't denounced the MoveOn smear ad of General Petraeus.

The silence from her on it has been deafening, in fact.

What I wonder is, since the dems are so scared of MoveOn, (if they speak against it, they get slammed by it), is it in fact possible that their little nasty ad could derail her campaign?

She's stuck. She can't speak against them or they'll destroy her among leftists. She can't not speak against them or it looks like she supports what they said, which was despicable.

I love it.  grin

Hoist by their own petard...

StopTheGrays

• friend
  • bah...
Re: The MoveOn smear ad...likely to hurt Hillary?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 05:55:49 AM »
Doesn't this assume this will still be news by Monday? The MM will ignore this story until it goes away. Hill and the rest who did not speak out will not be affected in the slightest.  sad

The NY Post did find out that MoveOn got a fantastic deal on the price of the ad. Normally a full page ad is in the $180,000 range, MoveOn only had to pay around $65,000. Again this story will also go unnoticed by the rest of the MM and by Monday just be old news and not worth noting anymore.
Does any image illustrate so neatly the wrongheadedness of the Obama administration than Americans scrambling in terror from Air Force One?
Just great…Chicago politics has spread to all 57 states.
They told me if I voted for John McCain, my country would look like it is run by people with a disturbing affinity towards fascism. And they were right!

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 06:11:52 AM »
Where's the ad???
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

StopTheGrays

• friend
  • bah...
Does any image illustrate so neatly the wrongheadedness of the Obama administration than Americans scrambling in terror from Air Force One?
Just great…Chicago politics has spread to all 57 states.
They told me if I voted for John McCain, my country would look like it is run by people with a disturbing affinity towards fascism. And they were right!

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 06:41:26 AM »
Thanks much.

Wow, that's putting it all out there.  Fairly bold for American politics.
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

trapperready

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 07:29:03 AM »
Isn't Hillary just hiding out until the kerfuffle over her contributions from Norman Hsu blow over?

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2007, 12:13:40 PM »
Nothing hurts Hillary.  What you have to understand, is that its not Hillary herself that her supporters are going to protect, its what she can/will do to further their cause.
Just as the FemiNazis protected Bill Clinton, despite his life long abuse of women, Hillary's supporters, who are dedicated to destroying America, will forgive any and everything in their zeal to put her in the White House.

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2007, 05:32:43 PM »
Just as the FemiNazis protected Bill Clinton, despite his life long abuse of women, Hillary's supporters, who are dedicated to destroying America, will forgive any and everything in their zeal to put her in the White House.

Aristocrats can do no wrong.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2007, 08:43:54 PM »
Ditto what Mannlicher said.  Hillary can't be hurt.   She's The Anointed One, not an ordinary mortal.  An army of feminists worship her as do a lot of men who resemble her in more than just spirit.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Paddy

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2007, 11:09:01 AM »
Hillary might as well be coated with teflon and kevlar at this point.  I also think she wants the Whitehouse more than any of the others, Repub or Dem. However, I hear the Clinton Library is scheduling release of some of her papers produced during her last presidency, so we'll see...............

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2007, 12:52:23 PM »
The ad will not hurt her at all, she needs to mess up big time.
I'm hoping her screeching side will reveal itself during the debates against Fred or Duncan.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2007, 02:16:54 PM »
I'm hoping her screeching side will reveal itself during the debates against Fred or Duncan.

Paddy

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2007, 02:34:42 PM »
scary. no, what is it they say.....'chilling'. that's chilling.

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2007, 11:29:29 AM »
I strongly think Hillary will end up being president.  She has her ducks in a row.  The Republicans are clueless.  Unless we work hard to elect Republicans to the house and senate we will be in for it.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

Paddy

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2007, 12:02:48 PM »
Unless we work hard to elect Republicans to the house and senate we will be in for it.

No more Republicans for me, thanks all the same. 

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2007, 01:51:10 PM »
I strongly think Hillary will end up being president.  She has her ducks in a row.  The Republicans are clueless.  Unless we work hard to elect Republicans to the house and senate we will be in for it.

While I hope that doesn't happen, I do believe that it would not hurt to be "salting away" hicap mags and stripped recievers now...

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2007, 04:28:10 PM »

Not all bad, though it seems that way.. Hillary winning will have the general tendency towards putting Republicans back in congress, which is better for us domestically, At the same time, regarding foreign affairs, I don't particularly think she's really as dovish as Bill, and despite politics, considering we've had both thumbs jambed all the way to the second knuckle into our eye-sockets, intelligence-wise, since circa Jimmy Carter, her menopausal, hysterical flailing about regarding big stick foreign policy. Won't make that much difference. Hey Iran, North Korea, Syria, Pakistan, the Netherlands, won't it all make about the same difference who we actually bomb next? The hardcore islamofacist dictators don't care about the death of millions under their thumb...but they do care about the .30 caliber slug that is likely to end their existence if a large enough number of people under their thumb are unhappy... The moderate islamists do care, and the philo-islamophites (I learned that word from you BTW) just want to keep the fallout out of their neck of the woods.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2007, 05:03:21 PM »
The hardcore islamofacist dictators don't care about the death of millions under their thumb...but they do care about the .30 caliber slug that is likely to end their existence if a large enough number of people under their thumb are unhappy...

And Hillary would do her ice-queen Machiavellian best to ensure that we're all unarmed and cannot take such actions. They'll be armed, of course.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2007, 06:47:23 PM »
Hillary may get the nomination but I don't think she can win the general election.

The Republicans best bet would be to have Fred Thompson as the nominee.

Love to see him in debates against any Democrat.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Paddy

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2007, 08:16:03 PM »
Hillary may get the nomination but I don't think she can win the general election.

The Republicans best bet would be to have Fred Thompson as the nominee.

Love to see him in debates against any Democrat.

The tough part for her will be to get the nomination.  She'd eat Fred's lunch.  She's younger, smarter and wants the Presidency more.  She would make Fred look old, tired and slow.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2007, 09:22:54 PM »
Riley, I don't know if you're right or not.

Fred Thompson is making some serious gaffes on his new campaign trail. He'd better learn to get his issues in order, and be able to articlulate them with the same demeanor and "aw-shucks"  style that he's been using so far.

If he keeps stepping in it, he's going to be toast.

Hillary? I firmly believe that she'll be the nominee. After all, the Clinton machine didn't spend the last seven years making sure that Al Gore and John Kerry didn't win (when, in fact, I think either of them could have easily won). The Clinton machine has been working on 2008 since 2000. Hillary will be the nominee.

The Republicans are going to lose next year, and lose big, unless they start talking like Republicans.

As for Thompson, again, he has to get some people around him who are very good at distilling statements about general principles into effective thirty-second sound bites.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2007, 11:41:28 PM »
Riley

The fact that she is younger will cost her up against Fred.  He is quickly closing the gap in the Republican polls since the offical announcement.

And in my opinion it will be his down home "aw-shucks" demeanor that will win over the southern states and he will have a VP that the "Yankees" will like.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

atomd

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2007, 08:54:36 AM »
Aristocrats can do no wrong.

I heard a joke about some aristocrats recently.