Author Topic: So why is Mr. "Death to America" on US soil making speeches?  (Read 21276 times)

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
Re: So why is Mr. "Death to America" on US soil making speeches?
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2007, 03:22:59 PM »
----

If folks want to be taken seriously, they need to stop calling GWB a war criminal.  He has Congress's chop on legislation authorizing his policy in Iraq.  Get over it.

Well, with the presentation that Colin Powell gave, I was all for war, too.  Then we all realised we'd been had.  Just because a congress controlled by either party gave the president a pass doesn't make it right, espeically when that pass came about by lies.

Or do you still say Iraq had WMD other than the ones we gave them?
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

Paddy

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2007, 08:14:57 PM »
We're afraid of this idiot why now?

Who says we're afraid of him? We just want him and his ilk dead.

Apparently "We" don't have the balls to kill him and his radical islamofacist pals who run Iran.  The Iranian people are by and large pro American and pro Western.  If "We" had any smarts, we'd use that to help them overthrow the mullahs, rather than buy GWB's 'Axis of Evil' 'lets do the Crusades again' bullshit.

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2007, 04:36:04 AM »

Apparently "We" don't have the balls to kill him and his radical islamofacist pals who run Iran.  The Iranian people are by and large pro American and pro Western.  If "We" had any smarts, we'd use that to help them overthrow the mullahs, rather than buy GWB's 'Axis of Evil' 'lets do the Crusades again' bullshit.

The Iranian people are mostly pro-American?  Huh?  A majority of the Iranian people elected their current leader.  A majority (like 2/3) elected conservative government in 2004.  While I am sure that there are some that would like to overthrow the mullahs, how would this work?

BTW, Iran was one of the founding members of the 'Axis of Evil'.
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2007, 04:52:43 AM »
----

If folks want to be taken seriously, they need to stop calling GWB a war criminal.  He has Congress's chop on legislation authorizing his policy in Iraq.  Get over it.

Well, with the presentation that Colin Powell gave, I was all for war, too.  Then we all realised we'd been had.  Just because a congress controlled by either party gave the president a pass doesn't make it right, espeically when that pass came about by lies.

Uh-oh, we got ourselves a "troofer" here. Going to start in on the 9/11 controlled demolition thing next?  cheesy

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2007, 07:07:42 AM »
I have to admit I was pleased with how his "speech" turned out, with the derisive laughter at him. Best description I heard of how it turned out was "vaudeville without pies."

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2007, 07:25:53 AM »
Bollinger's opening comments weren't all that flattering:

NEW YORK (CNN) -- Columbia University president Lee Bollinger took Iran's president to task Monday, bluntly criticizing his record and saying he exhibits "all the signs of a petty and cruel dictator."

Bollinger's assessment came as he introduced Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to an audience of students and faculty.

As he read a long list of documented actions and remarks by the firebrand Iranian leader and his government, the crowd of 600 applauded.

Ahmadinejad was at the university to give a speech and take part in a question-and-answer session.

During the introduction, Bollinger cited the Iranian government's "brutal crackdown" on dissidents, public executions, executions of minors and other actions.

He assailed Ahmadinejad's denial of the Holocaust as "ridiculous." Video Watch Bollinger slam Ahmadinejad »

"For the illiterate and ignorant, this is dangerous propaganda," he said. He called the Iranian leader "either brazenly provocative or astonishingly uneducated."

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/09/24/columbia.president/index.html#cnnSTCText

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2007, 08:57:14 AM »
Something else about Imajihad... he apparently shops at Sears Roebuck, circa 1975.  cheesy

Nice raincoat, Columbo...

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2007, 09:03:23 AM »
----

Uh-oh, we got ourselves a "troofer" here. Going to start in on the 9/11 controlled demolition thing next?  cheesy

Don't change the subject.

Did the Bush administration lie to congress or not?
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

Desertdog

• friends
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2007, 09:07:20 AM »
Democrats, and foreign dictators, think yes, but truthfully no.

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2007, 09:10:22 AM »
Probably yes.  And congress probably knew it.  Congress probably lies every day.

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2007, 09:57:29 AM »
Democrats, and foreign dictators, think yes, but truthfully no.

Was George Bush telling the truth when he said that the Aluminum tubes that Iraq was importing could be used in centrifuges, which was debunked by the IAEA as well as domestic scientists?

Did Dick Cheney lie when he said that Mohammad Atta met with Iraqi Intelligence on Meet The Press on December 9, 2001?  The 9/11 comission report says so.  The CIA, FBI, and other intelligence agencies also say so.

Did administration officials, including George Bush and Dick Cheney knowingly repeat information given by Ibn al-Shaykh al-Libi, who the DIA debunked as a false witness?  Much of the information given by Ibn al-Shaykh al-Libi was used in Colin Powell's speech, even after the DIA debunked it a year before hand (NYT Nov 6, 2005, "Report Warned Bush Team About Intelligence Doubts")

Did the administration lie when they said Iraq had bioweapons trailers? This was  debunked by American scientists.  In fact, the CIA told an Austrailian researcher that it was not politically possible to say that the WMD claims were untrue. (Associated Press May 14th 2006: Inspector: Politics stunted 'biotrailer' findings)

Did Donald Rumsfeld lie in Sept. 27, 2002 when he said that the link between Iraq and Al Qeda was "accurate and not debatable."?

Well, OK. He DID have WMD; the chemical weapons he used on the Kurds were given to him.  Any biological weapons he had up till that point had turned to harmless substances; VX and Sarin have a 5 year shelf life.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2007, 05:22:29 AM »
Nitrogen, most of your statements are cleverly worded half-truths.  I don't have time to go into right now.  Maybe later.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

nico

• friend
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2007, 09:15:54 AM »
What exactly does allowing a dictator who encourages genocide have to do with "freedom for all?

Freedom of speech means everybody can say what they believe, not just the people who have the same opinion as you.  Inconvienient, but that's what it means.  That nutcase was invited, he isn't just marching in and spouting his nonsense.  I'm with you guys as far as the worth of this man, but your anger should be at the university and the UN for getting him over here and asking him to speak.
My second sentence, which you didn't quote, should make my position quite clear.  Nowhere did I say that he shouldn't be able to say what he believes.  My point was (and is) that Columbia giving him a soapbox is absurd and wrong. 

but your anger should be at the university and the UN for getting him over here and asking him to speak.
I'm not quite sure who you think my anger is directed at, if you don't think it's at them.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2007, 10:55:27 AM »
Nitrogen,

So was it a big lie when Bill Clinton tried to send my US Army Reserve butt to Kuwait in '97/'98 when Saddam kicked out the weapons inspectors Huh??
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2007, 02:10:20 PM »
Just because someone hides something doesn't mean they don't have it.

The democrats hate the republicans so much that they're willing to trash our country's future to hurt them.

Blog under construction

griz

• friend
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2007, 07:59:33 AM »
Hello Nico,

It sounds as if we are in the same chapter if not on the same page.  When you used the term "allowing a dictator", I assumed you were refrencing the first question of the thread, which was about allowing him to come here and speak instead of arresting him.  And arrest is a government function, not something the university would do.  So I figured you were talking about a government "intervention" of some sort, as compared to the sniper suggestions.

At any rate, it seems to have worked out about as well as can be exspected.  He was laughed at instead of taken seriously, and he wasn't turned into a martyr which in the long term would have cost us more American lives.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Paddy

« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2007, 07:00:11 PM »

The Iranian people are mostly pro-American?  Huh?  A majority of the Iranian people elected their current leader.  A majority (like 2/3) elected conservative government in 2004.  While I am sure that there are some that would like to overthrow the mullahs, how would this work?

Apparently you've never heard of a corrupt theocracy. 

brimic

• friends
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2007, 06:11:54 AM »
Assassinate him? No.
Drug him and take photos and videos of him with drugs, booze, and transvestite hookers? Yes.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2007, 07:10:58 AM »
Latest bit I saw out of the West Bank and Gaza is that Fatah and Hamas are now accusing high-ranking members of each other of being OMG GAY, putting out lurid details of accusations of witnessed encounters and "sex parties". It's pretty hilarious.

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2007, 07:14:53 AM »
I'm thinking all these guys are so repressed in everyway, they are starting to have homosexual fantasies.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2007, 07:25:22 AM »
Homosexuality is by no means unheard-of in the Middle East.  Probably not even in Iran, of all places.   cheesy
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2007, 12:22:09 PM »

Apparently you've never heard of a corrupt theocracy. 

Thanks, I have.  I have heard others suggest that this regime is ripe for overthrow, but they didn't really say why.  Do you have any source for this?  If so, then I would gladly change my stance.  Otherwise, I am skeptical that our aid in overthrowing the Iranian gov't would be welcomed with open arms by their citizens.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2007, 05:32:26 AM »
Homosexuality is by no means unheard-of in the Middle East.  Probably not even in Iran, of all places.   cheesy
Arafat was reputed to be quite the knob-polisher.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2007, 09:26:21 AM »
I'm guessing that it's okay to be the pitcher - just not the catcher...

Their social system is kinda hosed, what with the multiple wife thing for the rich old farts who can afford to buy their slav... er... brides... Some young guys think that the only way they're ever gonna get laid, outside of a goat or Ahmet-baby, is to blow themselves up... Pretty damn sad.

But hey, it's their culture, so that must be a good thing.

Death to the Homosexuals and the Great Satan!

Blog under construction