Author Topic: Thank a Liberal  (Read 18326 times)

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
Re: Thank a Liberal
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2007, 01:24:28 PM »
I've been following this thread a bit since it began, and this is what I've gotten so far:
Guy comes to predominately right wing/libertarian forum.
Guy posts "thank a liberal" which expresses gratitude to liberals for doing certain things that ANYONE can tell you will rile up a libertarian.
Mabs assumes "this guy is trolling."
Shortly after thread start, forum residents take the bait.  Suddenly thar's two pages of arguments.

Come on guys, don't you see what's happening here?  This guy got us arguing amongst ourselves just by posting something he got in an email and retyping it in each of his posts.
ffs.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

Euclidean

• friend
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2007, 01:35:54 PM »
I'm not arguing with anyone besides anyone who agrees with the piece.  Whether or not it was the original poster's work or not, the article is full of so many assumptions and points worth refuting, it's only fair a contrarian should criticize it in the same venue in which it was posted.

If it gets someone else their jollies that I spent my time arguing against it, what do I care?  I'm worried about the reader, who may be mislead by such a piece if not confronted with an opposing viewpoint.  I'd not want someone to ever see this piece of drivel displayed without a rebuttal.

I'd say everyone's contribution was made in the same vein, even if different responders took issue with each other's outlooks.

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2007, 04:15:07 AM »
The point here is, it seems this guy posted that post in an attempt to get us riled up and make ourselves look bad...and we sure did.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.