Author Topic: What the heck do you do with a ton of gun locks??  (Read 1498 times)

What the heck do you do with a ton of gun locks??
« on: June 25, 2005, 11:13:33 AM »
US Sportsmans Alliance just donated us some gun locks, 2,200 lbs. worth.

We're not even sure how many are there..at least 5,000. Maybe more? I have no idea...

This is very cool, but we're a bit overwhelmed. If anyone in Michigan has any need at all for a gun lock, let me know. We can probably fix you up.

We might use them in conjunction with a media campaign or something..

but..dang. That's a whole lot of gun locks..

InfidelSerf

• friend
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2005, 12:37:47 PM »
turn them into a piece of modern art?
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor&Success of this army,and the safety of our bleeding Country depend.Remember~Soldiers,that you are Freemen,fighting for the blessings of Liberty-that slavery will be your portion,and that of your posterity,if you do not acquit yourselves like men.GW8/76

Art Eatman

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2005, 12:44:28 PM »
Take'em around to gun stores and at gunshows offer them to any dealers there.  It cuts down on their overhead, particularly when selling used guns.

Art
The American Indians learned what happens when you don't control immigration.

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2005, 01:01:05 PM »
turn them into a piece of modern art?
I suggested that! Smiley

Good idea, Art..they're sitting at my favorite gun dealers place right now.  But I dunno if we can give them away to a business.

I think the most viable suggestions so far have been to donate them to various sports clubs and possibly do a media campaign where we offer them to a media outlet (TV station or such) to give away.

A ton of gun locks..whew.

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2005, 04:04:16 PM »
Melt them down and turn them into a sculpture of a little bitty woman holding a large attempted rapist for the police.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2005, 04:19:51 PM »
A Sid Vicious necklace?

yesterdaysyouth

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2005, 05:57:48 AM »
shoot em'....

onions!

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2005, 06:57:03 AM »
Christmas stocking stuffers
Easter egg hunt prize
Christmas tree ornaments

Here's an idea!? Use them for the next charity gun give-a-ways.Lock up the to-be-raffled guns,pull all the extra keys(& the correct ones),mix 'em up,& hand them out.If the key fits they win the gun.W/2.200lbs of locks that makes alot of keys/contestants.Afterwords you could give a few kids a project & have them re-match the keys w/the correct locks.

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2005, 07:24:07 AM »
Barbara-

Please check your PM at THR  :evil grin:

Art makes a good point, some jurisdictions do require these.

If a gun dealer is in need, a workable solution if monies were not exchanged is to exchange for ammo, eyes, ears for your Kid's day events. Even sodas, hot dogs or hamburgers is a good deal. I would not have a problem if a box of gun locks were exchanged for .22lr so a kid could learn on either.  I mean a used .22lr or two , even off paper goes a long way for a kid to learn and an adult to teach with.