Author Topic: Who do you think is worse, Ahmadinejad or President George W. Bush?  (Read 20275 times)

Len Budney

Re: Who do you think is worse, Ahmadinejad or President George W. Bush?
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2007, 06:48:32 AM »
I admit Bush spent more than Clinton.   As I remember it, Clinton would have spent far more if the Republican Congress and Senate had passed many of the bills that was presented to them.

Agreed. I imagine Clinton was crying in his beer over that, too. "Dayum! If only ah'd run as a Republicun, ah coulda spent trillions while the 'conservatives' applauded! Ah'm in the wrong party!"

--Len.
In a cannibal society, vegetarians arouse suspicion.

Desertdog

• friends
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2007, 07:59:07 AM »
Hopefully it bothers everyone that Bush was able to spend so much money with a Republican congress.
That is why the Dems got in power in 06.

Now they seem to be trying to out spend Bush.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2007, 08:29:10 AM »
Well, folks, keep in mind that the Democrats would rather have Charlie Manson in the White House over +any+ Republican...

I don't think the rift can be healed. I think we're gonna be in for a world of hurt in a few years. One side covers ass, and the other side tries to sell it out. Sad.

Blog under construction

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2007, 08:30:53 AM »
There we agree, Bogie.  No matter who gets elected, we're pretty much screwed.

Len Budney

« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2007, 09:03:30 AM »
Well, folks, keep in mind that the Democrats would rather have Charlie Manson in the White House over +any+ Republican...

Unlike Republicans, who would never cling to a tax-n-spend liberal guilty of waging aggressive war just because he sticks an (R) after his name...    rolleyes

There's only one solution. Surround DC and make everyone come out with their hands up.

--Len.
In a cannibal society, vegetarians arouse suspicion.

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2007, 11:51:39 AM »

Unlike Republicans, who would never cling to a tax-n-spend liberal guilty of waging aggressive war just because he sticks an (R) after his name...    rolleyes

There's only one solution. Surround DC and make everyone come out with their hands up.

--Len.

Out of all the caterwauling in this thread (mine included) this makes the most sense.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2007, 12:39:24 PM »
Sorry, one correction. The hands need to be tied before they step out, or you'll find them instinctively reaching into your pockets...
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2007, 01:18:14 PM »
She was Yazidi, who are ethnic Kurds. Don't I always hear about what wonderful, pro-American, not-at-all-like-those-other-Muslims people the Kurds are?

I personally wouldn't identify Dasni/Yazidi as Kurds near any group of Kurds.  Or near Yazidi themselves.  Seeing as how the Yazidi worship the peacock angel, which more than a few other religions identify as Satan, Shaitan, the Devil, etc.  The Turks and the Kurds tried to wipe them out repeatedly, due to the alleged satanic nature of their religion.  In either case, all parties in the area consider Yazidi not Kurd.

They are however generally extremely pro-American.  Mostly due to the fact that we are not conducting ethnic cleansing on them.  But they're also known for their secrecy, so who knows.  Best to leave them alone, even if I do disagree with their endogamy and caste system.  By the standards of modern Iraq, they're virtually saints.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2007, 05:34:43 AM »
Having the 'nads to go into an enemy's land and speak at one of it's universities?
Do any of you really think it took courage for that Iranian guy to come to the US and speak?  You know he has been to the UN before right?  When was the last time the US messed with a foreign dignitary while in the US?  There is no courage there.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2007, 05:38:38 AM »
Yeah, but the average goat-herder is gonna think otherwise... These folks think of what THEY would do... If Bush visited Iraq, by golly, they'd kill him. So they assume that we're too weak to kill Mr. Worst Dressed...

Blog under construction

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2007, 07:06:30 AM »
So the posters on this site are the average goat herder?  I don't care what they think, someone posted this earlier.  I know damn well that Iranian dude wasn't afraid to come here and speak.  His people might not know the difference, but I know he does.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2007, 07:08:22 AM »
Bush is not a dictator as some would like you think.  These guys are showing what real tyranny is.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/asia/article2577636.ece
Thousands of protesters and monks missing in secret gulag of the generals

LAK

• friend
« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2007, 05:41:11 AM »
Iran's more notorious religious culture is no worse than other Old Testament stuff. And looking at some of the posted photos I am reminded of fake testimony by the Kuwaiti ambassador's daughter before Congress over Iraq's invasion of Kuwait, deceptive reporting and photography in Yugoslavia, and many other falsehoods peddled to instill enough wrath for war going back decades and more.

Iran is of no threat to the United States. Of far greater threat are those who are actively selling our country out and destroying it from the inside. I have just posted on another thread on that very topic; George Bush should get a medal for that. Maybe his fraternal pals can invent one for him.

---------------------------------------------

http://searchronpaul.com
http://ussliberty.org
http://ssunitedstates.org

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2007, 05:17:01 PM »
One thing our intellectuals who hate this country so much seem to forget is that pretty much the first people who are eliminated from a repressive society, such as Iran, are the intellectuals...

Wooderson - you'd last maybe a day in that country before their version of a SWAT team, complete with crotch-eatin' K-9 attack goats (Muffy, Fluffy, Puffy, and Mistress of the Great Satan - you -do not- wanna piss that she-devil of a deranged goat off...), would drag you crying and wetting yourself into the street...

Minus the personal attack, I agree completely. The least appreciative of America are the heaviest users of American privileges as well as the first to go against the wall if their favorite dictators/ideologies win.

wooderson

• friend
« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2007, 06:08:24 PM »
Ah, yes, clearly my favorite "dictator/ideology" is Iranian Islamic democracy - since, you know, I'm an atheist who's been known to argue that plural marriages are no big deal.

Some of y'all are funny.

"The famously genial grin turned into a rictus of senile fury: I was looking at a cruel and stupid lizard."

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2007, 09:04:13 PM »
Ah, yes, clearly my favorite "dictator/ideology" is Iranian Islamic democracy - since, you know, I'm an atheist who's been known to argue that plural marriages are no big deal.

Some of y'all are funny.

It seems you self-identified with my comment. Please explain why. Do you consider yourself an America-hating intellectual?

wooderson

• friend
« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2007, 10:18:51 AM »
Probably the part where you 'agreed with everything' in a post addressed to me?
"The famously genial grin turned into a rictus of senile fury: I was looking at a cruel and stupid lizard."

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2007, 10:30:56 AM »
Probably the part where you 'agreed with everything' in a post addressed to me?

You missed the "minus personal attack"?

wooderson

• friend
« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2007, 10:37:09 AM »
The entire thing appears to be addressed to my statements.