Author Topic: Chaco sandals  (Read 2037 times)

mtnbkr

• friend
Chaco sandals
« on: June 26, 2005, 09:45:59 AM »
Does anyone remember if Chaco used to have a lifetime replacement warranty on their soles?  The soles are starting to get a tad thin on my Z1s and I could've sworn I remembered reading on their website when I bought them two years ago that they would replace the soles for free.  Now they claim a $36 fee for the Terrano sole I have on mine.  It's not a huge deal since $36 is a lot cheaper than new sandals, but I hate when companies change their warranty coverage AFTER I buy a product.  I have about a year's worth (maybe 2) of wear left in these before the tread starts to fade away, especially in the area below the ball of my foot.

Chris

Preacherman

Chaco sandals
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2005, 04:08:12 PM »
I'm afraid I do it the cheap way - for $36 I can buy four pairs of sandals at Wal-Mart!
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional!

Please visit my blog: http://bayourenaissanceman.blogspot.com/

mtnbkr

• friend
Chaco sandals
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2005, 04:30:18 PM »
I used to do it that way too.  The Chacos are much better IMO.  They fit my narrow foot better than anything I tried from Wallyworld or Teva.  In addition to narrow feet, I have high, rigid arches.  Few shoes and fewer sandals support my feet well.  They've lasted longer than cheap sandals too.  By the time I wear out the sole, they'll be at least 3 years old.  Even then, they won't be completely worn out.  I just won't have the heavy tread of the "Terrano" soles.

Chris