Author Topic: tasty deli snacks for doctors?  (Read 1408 times)

tasty deli snacks for doctors?
« on: July 03, 2005, 01:34:16 PM »
I'm right by a huge cluster of healthcare buildings and a hospital, dating back from the Hillary Healthcare days, and they're still going strong. I'm wondering if I could make some extra pocket change every week by having a part time little hippy gourmet deli kind of thing, some good seasonal soups and chili and handbaked bagels, muffins, cookies, and maybe some sort of pastry.

Thoughts?

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2005, 01:41:18 PM »
Are you talking about selling your wares in the buildings or out front?  Inside, you'll definately need permission or a permit.  Outside, dunno, depends on the local govt.  Research your permit/permission needs first.  Health Dept issues, if any, might make it more trouble than it's worth, IMO.  Check the prices of the mass produced stuff already available to the locals and don't price your stuff too high above that.  Yes, yours is better quality and much tastier, but busy folks might not care about that if your muffin is twice the price of the plastic wrapped one.

Chris

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2005, 12:27:14 AM »
Why not go over and ask?  "Hi, I'm thinking of starting a snack place nearby.  What would ya like to munch on?"
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

duck hunt

• http://www.annesoffee.com
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2005, 06:50:25 AM »
I read about a guy who made a bundle doing that.  24 hour delivery was the key.

Paddy

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2005, 01:53:04 PM »
Depends on what your competition is.......  Why don't you do a survey of the healthcare workers.  Stand around inside or outside the hospital and interview people.