Author Topic: Oh Lord.... Al Gore...  (Read 10163 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Oh Lord.... Al Gore...
« on: October 12, 2007, 03:52:51 AM »
has won the Nobel Peace Prize for his efforts to make people take climate change seriously.

He's going to be totally insufferable now.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071012/ts_nm/nobel_peace_gore_ipcc_dc_2;_ylt=AmFNNtqdwnhJMWdJzyERNc0E1vAI
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Manedwolf

• friend
Re: Oh Lord.... Al Gore...
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 04:07:00 AM »
has won the Nobel Peace Prize for his efforts to make people take climate change seriously. for making a mass market video wherein he whined about losing the presidency and used unrelated statistics and scary charts to make himself into a modern-day evangelist of the carbon-credits ponzi scheme.

Fixed it.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 04:51:09 AM »

Wait, I thought he already was such.  You mean he's gonna be even MORE SO?

Of course, now that he's been gifted the Nobel Peace Prize people will realize just how serial Al Gore is about ManBea-^H^H^H^H Global Warming.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Len Budney

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 04:57:52 AM »
has won the Nobel Peace Prize for his efforts to make people take climate change seriously.

The Nobel Peace Prize is such a joke it's unbelievable. It's more of an anti-prize: the winner is usually someone who has done the most to disrupt and discourage peace. Carter? Arafat? Gore? Come on!

--Len.
In a cannibal society, vegetarians arouse suspicion.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 05:19:27 AM »
Yeah, there's a Smug Alert for most of the nation.

Anyone who has seen South Park will understand that reference...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 05:25:51 AM »
Damn it.  Now he'll never shut up with that monotone elitist smug voice of his.

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 05:29:10 AM »
Maybe he'll use part of his stash to rent a more fuel efficient plane with which to assault the ozone layer.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2007, 05:29:27 AM »
Does this mean he's going to keep getting fatter till he turns into Samuel Johnson, who was about as smug and superior, and actually looked something like him?

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2007, 06:41:35 AM »
Carter and Arafat, while they may be questioned as to how much they helped peace, actually did work in peace.

How is making a movie on global warming, helping to contribute to peace at all?
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2007, 08:07:22 AM »
Carter and Arafat, while they may be questioned as to how much they helped peace, actually did work in peace appeasement and terrorism disguised under a phony peace process, respectively.

jefnvk

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2007, 08:59:46 AM »
Good fix, but still why is he eligible for a peace prize for work on climate change?

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2007, 09:02:06 AM »
Don't make me bring out the Algore G.I.F.! undecided
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2007, 09:22:08 AM »

Not to quibble, mind, but was he ever not?
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2007, 09:22:53 AM »
Good fix, but still why is he eligible for a peace prize for work on climate change?
Because were they to be implemented, his "solutions" would mean that lots and lots of money - mostly American - would flow into other nations' coffers, the US economy would be rendered  less competitive, and international bureacracies would grow.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Iain

• friend
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2007, 12:03:03 PM »
It's a stretch, but the effect on 'peace' is being considered. After all, don't people often trot out the line about the next world war being over water.

http://www.nature.com/climate/2007/0710/full/climate.2007.56.html

General Anthony C. Zinni, former commander-in-chief of US Central Command stated, "We will pay to reduce greenhouse gas emissions today...or we will pay the price later in military terms. And that will involve human lives."

I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

Finch

• Fading Freedoms
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2007, 01:39:29 PM »
Sad thing is the first thing I though about when I read this is that I kind of wish he would run for president. Considering that pro-war republicans have no chance this time around, the though of Hillary as POTUS is a lot scarier than Al Gore.
Truth is treason in the empire of lies - Ron Paul

Len Budney

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2007, 01:43:36 PM »
Sad thing is the first thing I though about when I read this is that I kind of wish he would run for president. Considering that pro-war republicans have no chance this time around, the though of Hillary as POTUS is a lot scarier than Al Gore.

Tough to say. Socialized medicine... Kyoto Protocol... not much of a choice.

--Len.
In a cannibal society, vegetarians arouse suspicion.

Finch

• Fading Freedoms
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2007, 01:46:11 PM »
It's kind of like choosing which knife to stab yourself with. But considering that history has show that once you institute socalized anything, more is sure to follow.
Truth is treason in the empire of lies - Ron Paul

JimMarch

• friend
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2007, 01:59:52 PM »
Now all we have to do is teach him to play the drums and he'll be a computer programmer.

Sure.

We'd have an AlGoreRythm.

shocked

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2007, 02:03:35 PM »
I'm going to assemble a team of highly-skilled assassins, whose mission it will be to eliminate all internet pun offenders.  If that doesn't win me the Nobel, we'll know things are screwed up.    cool
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2007, 02:36:22 PM »
Q: Why did the chef disconnect the door bell and replace it with peas outside his door?

A: He wanted the no-bell peas prize...
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2007, 05:16:17 PM »
Al Gore has won the Nobel Peace Prize
Well, just another reason to kill myself.

*an hero*
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2007, 09:25:22 PM »
Q: Why did the chef disconnect the door bell and replace it with peas outside his door?

A: He wanted the no-bell peas prize...

You should be beaten savagely for that.

jefnvk

• friend
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2007, 05:13:38 AM »
We'd have an AlGoreRythm.

Geek.

grin

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2007, 12:34:02 PM »
<flap, flap, flip, flap>  Nope, can't find it.  I'da thunk someone would have talked about Gore's vested interest in a fund that sells indulg. . . . , sorry, carbon credits.  I just know it'll show up at any time.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon