Author Topic: CNBC lays the smackdown on Ron Paul pollspammers...  (Read 12533 times)

Manedwolf

• friend
Re: CNBC lays the smackdown on Ron Paul pollspammers...
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2007, 05:46:12 PM »
Just wait till the actual primaries. As someone asked..."Is it possible to score less than 1%?"  smiley

wooderson

• friend
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2007, 05:56:29 PM »
I do know several people who were fervently pro-Dean (a couple were in the groups that flew to Iowa to canvas for him) and equally pro-Paul this time around.

I assume they're drawn in more by the iconoclasm than the candidates.
"The famously genial grin turned into a rictus of senile fury: I was looking at a cruel and stupid lizard."

yesitsloaded

• friends
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2007, 06:14:50 PM »
These are the guys that put a bad face on the Ron Paul campaign. Some of us behave ourselves and can say a sentence without adding Ron Paul in it somewhere. I really think it is just a matter of time before someone gets in trouble for something stupid like rigging a poll. Too bad we can't send those guys over to Rudy or Hillary.
I can haz nukular banstiks ? Say no to furries, yes to people.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2007, 07:16:39 PM »
These are the guys that put a bad face on the Ron Paul campaign. Some of us behave ourselves and can say a sentence without adding Ron Paul in it somewhere. I really think it is just a matter of time before someone gets in trouble for something stupid like rigging a poll. Too bad we can't send those guys over to Rudy or Hillary.

When I read that the first thing that popped into my head was Amway dealers. smiley
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

gaston_45

• friend
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2007, 07:36:31 PM »
I think I've heard this somewhere before...  Oh yeah, here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUxQadgSkoA

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
  • I have a personal text message
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2007, 11:39:31 PM »
Wow the quality of this forum is really dropping.

Does anyone remember several years ago when we all hung out over at www.thehighroad.org and would hit polls on a regular basis? Remember all those observations we made that polls would usually end with rediculous results one way or the other (in this case pro or anti gun) depending on which side found and thus hit the poll?

Does anyone doubt that supporters of other candidates regularily hit polls?
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends."

- Lon Horiuchi

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2007, 04:54:45 AM »
I think I've heard this somewhere before...  Oh yeah, here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUxQadgSkoA

Well, I guess that proves it! Ron Paul is going to be the next president!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

gaston_45

• friend
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2007, 06:30:46 PM »

Well, I guess that proves it! Ron Paul is going to be the next president!

I guess you missed this part of the thread...  TITLE: CNBC lays the smackdown on Ron Paul pollspammers...

Because the thread isn't about him winning or not, it's about a whiney editor complaining because his poll didn't give him the results he wanted.

wooderson

• friend
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2007, 06:35:30 PM »
Does anyone doubt that supporters of other candidates regularily hit polls?
Yes.

The others are more traditional (or simply unpopular) politicians. They don't appeal to the people who read gun or political forums regularly. Paul does.

For an analogue - you don't see 'Fudds'/hunters come out of the woodwork the same way that EBR fans did with Zumbo - the hunter culture is larger than the EBR culture, but the demographic isn't as techno-savvy (or nerdy if you prefer). (nb: there's certainly hunter-EBR crossover, but I'm talking about people who specifically identify with one culture or the other)
"The famously genial grin turned into a rictus of senile fury: I was looking at a cruel and stupid lizard."

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2007, 04:09:47 AM »
The others are more traditional (or simply unpopular) politicians. They don't appeal to the people who read gun or political forums regularly. Paul does.

Uh...no. I know a lot of people who read gun and political forums regularly. They were all planning to vote for someone like Thompson or even Tancredo, who no longer has a chance. They also also think that Paul is a moonbat.

pacodelahoya

« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2007, 06:12:45 PM »

ore proof that Rong Paul's campaign is all a hoax...

http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s2i25976

ONE-SHOT-ONE

« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2007, 06:54:44 AM »
i find the call here for honesty and fairness in politics very funny, very funny indeed!

Soybomb

« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2007, 09:33:05 PM »
Somehow I can't help but laugh a little when the media complains that things weren't done fairly.  "I learned it from you!" Cheesy

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2007, 04:08:42 PM »
Why even bother having a poll if you already know what the result will or should be?

...Just sayin'
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM