Author Topic: I saw Duncan Hunter speak yesterday  (Read 4539 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
I saw Duncan Hunter speak yesterday
« on: October 13, 2007, 01:43:47 AM »
There is a conservative thingy going on in Reno, I went and passed
out my card to drinkers, hoping to get intelligent drunks in my cab.

I gotta say, Duncan Hunter is mesmerizing in person, a great speaker.
I am praying that somehow he gets the nomination, I am voting for him in the primary.
He can beat Hilary if given the chance....he is a great guy.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Finch

• Fading Freedoms
Re: I saw Duncan Hunter speak yesterday
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 01:19:02 PM »
Ummm...no

Duncan Hunter voted YES on making the PATRIOT Act permanent. (Dec 2005)
Voted NO on maintaining right of habeus corpus in Death Penalty Appeals. (Mar 1996)
Voted YES on restricting independent grassroots political committees. (Apr 2006)
Voted YES on allowing electronic surveillance without a warrant. (Sep 2006)
Voted YES on continuing intelligence gathering without civil oversight. (Apr 2006)
Voted NO on restricting no-bid defense contracts. (Mar 2007)
Voted YES on declaring Iraq part of War on Terror with no exit date. (Jun 2006)

Truth is treason in the empire of lies - Ron Paul

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 04:25:19 PM »
I gotta say, Duncan Hunter is mesmerizing in person, a great speaker.
...I am voting for him in the primary.

Is that it?  You want to vote for him because you were mesmerized by his speaking ability? rolleyes

Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ron

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 07:44:02 PM »
I like Duncan Hunter also.

He is a little too conservative for the modern Republican party and isn't enough of a wacko to draw the tiny minority that likes Ron Paul for President.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 01:58:36 AM »
isn't he pretty good on gun related stuff?
"wiretapping" ...like I care?Huh?
So if johnny jihad calls ali the bombmaker and the feds don't have a warrant
the world comes to an end?
The patriot act hasn't hurt me, Guilianni has.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Finch

• Fading Freedoms
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 02:50:22 AM »
The patriot act hasn't hurt me

Yet...
Truth is treason in the empire of lies - Ron Paul

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 08:44:37 AM »
Duncan Hunter is dangerous.

To the people who plan to turn this great Republic into their personal sandbox and shopping mall.  The elites want no part of him.  The media have done their best to ignore him.  Guess why.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2007, 06:33:45 PM »
isn't he pretty good on gun related stuff?
"wiretapping" ...like I care?Huh?
So if johnny jihad calls ali the bombmaker and the feds don't have a warrant
the world comes to an end?
The patriot act hasn't hurt me, Guilianni has.

I really hate to break this to you, but we already have a process for hunting domestic terrorists communications that is fully legal and pretty much above board.  It's called FISA.  They're judges with security clearances.  They've only turned down a handful of warrants.  There is even a provision for under extreme circumstances to wiretap without a warrant, so long as it's all brought before a judge within three business days afterwards.  The 'ticking bomb' scenerio, which never happens in real life, is covered.  Neither FISA, nor the Constitution, really apply to FOREIGN communications.  Only domestic. 

There is strictly one reason for wiretapping without FISA.  Circumventing record keeping.  FISA records can be auditted by the DoJ or GAO.  If they are being used for blatantly illegal and unconstitutional purposes, the folks doing the tapping can spend time in Leavenworth.  Without the records, they will use this against ordinary Americans.  Not 'can', 'will'.

Catching terrorists has very little to no correlation with domestic 'anti-terrorism' laws. 
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2007, 10:12:56 AM »
Among the entire Repubican array, I like Hunter best as well. But, I don't think he can win. The political process has been reduced to pandering for the swing voter, and he is way too conservative for that. Also, the elites in both parties treat him like a fossil. Finally, the illegal voters will be dead-set against him, even if the Dems run a cockroach against him. (oh, wait...)

LAK

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2007, 06:49:07 PM »
RevDisk
There is strictly one reason for wiretapping without FISA.  Circumventing record keeping.  FISA records can be auditted by the DoJ or GAO.  If they are being used for blatantly illegal and unconstitutional purposes, the folks doing the tapping can spend time in Leavenworth.  Without the records, they will use this against ordinary Americans.  Not 'can', 'will'.

Catching terrorists has very little to no correlation with domestic 'anti-terrorism' laws.
I agree.

It has been quite interesting to watch our country over a period of a few decades. And what used to be the conservative view, with historical hindsight governed by reason and logic, gradually coming to encompass doublethink. As if they "just don't know" what is going to happen when you mix up murder - organized crime, trillions in dope, arms, and every other illegal biz on earth, create behemoth organizations with public funding, merge them with the corporate world (public-private partnership), and those of foreign countries with hostile political ideologies - then legislate this monster such powers. That it really is necessary. A "good idea". Not really inherently insane; the recipe for, well, pick a word. Because it is "americans" wearing those suits and robes with the powers. 

Amazing.

We really need someone who has already spotted and identified this beast, assured us that he will pull it's teeth and declaw it, and let those know breeding them that they will not be permitted to roam on our soil.

Hunter has not shown any sign - at all - that he is even aware that such beasts exist historically and presently speaking. How they breed, what they feed on, how they grow, and what they do. Regardless of which country it happens to be.

------------------------------------------------

http://searchronpaul.com
http://ussliberty.org
http://ssunitedstates.org