Author Topic: Putin throws down the gauntlet ...  (Read 9634 times)

LAK

• friend
Putin throws down the gauntlet ...
« on: October 18, 2007, 03:37:44 AM »
 ... over the big Caspian Prize, the ultimate objective of Blair Bush Realtor's Inc ventures in Iraq and the current lusting over Iran's big plot.

And for some strange reason; CNN, ABC, NBC et al all pretend it did not occur. The BBC did not ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kRWo2fvk3M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo9ZQk36E1w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f82ittY9Ysk

I have said all along that Russia is not going to stand idle if we - or anyone else - attack or invade Iran. And I have got to hand it to Putin; he is actually leading his country and looking after their national interests above all others. I can not say the same thing for our so-called national leaders over the last several decades, since the exact opposite is blatantly evident.

-----------------------------------------------

http://searchronpaul.com
http://ussliberty.org
http://ssunitedstates.org

longeyes

• friend
Re: Putin throws down the gauntlet ...
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 01:27:09 PM »
Wait a while, we'll have an American Putin here.  Or worse.  "History," supposedly banished by Reagan, is baaaaaaackkkkk.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Paddy

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 02:39:31 PM »
Bush needs to shut up and stand down lest he undo all the good done by Ronald Reagan.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007, 01:51:06 PM »
Let's attack Russia instead!!!   cheesy
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2007, 08:08:07 PM »
The more this stupid, criminally negligent, incompetent administration thinks they are isolating Russia, the more they are pushing it towards China.

Rice is a joke, and so is the State Dept under her. What is even more scary is how the Dems that foam on the mouth every time they pass by a shrub, somehow give her free pass because she overexpresses melanin and estrogen. The silence in the media is deafening.

LAK

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2007, 12:27:28 AM »
What? That's it?? No scoffers? No one going to pipe up and tell us that the "war" on a noun is going somewhere; that Iran is part of the "axis of evil" and needs to be invaded before they mobilise their army of sleeping cells all brimming with nbc's and kill us all? No one going to pipe up and tell us that Putin is all hot air; about Russia's dead economy and second rate military?

The silence is deafening.

--------------------------------------------------

Finch

• Fading Freedoms
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2007, 02:59:08 AM »
Let's attack Russia instead!!!   cheesy

Give it time, give it time.

After we attack Iran, Sudan, Niger, Algeria, Mongolia, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, any other countries ending is 'stan', Azerbijan, Brazil, Norway, Nauru, Georgia (both the state and country), Bulgaria, Denmark (Greenland too), New Zealand (way to much zeal), Sierra Leon, Jordan, Kenya, Turkey, and the Ukraine..

Then we will attack Russia. I'm sure we can find some reason, you know liberation of the oppressed, WMD's, blah blah blah...
Truth is treason in the empire of lies - Ron Paul

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2007, 04:05:40 AM »
The more this stupid, criminally negligent, incompetent administration thinks they are isolating Russia, the more they are pushing it towards China.

Rice is a joke, and so is the State Dept under her. What is even more scary is how the Dems that foam on the mouth every time they pass by a shrub, somehow give her free pass because she overexpresses melanin and estrogen. The silence in the media is deafening.

Rice, ever since her comment that despite what her job was, she "couldn't have forseen" a plot discussed for years, (terrorists using airliners for destruction) has been a perfect example of failing upwards.

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2007, 10:06:48 AM »
No one going to pipe up and tell us that Putin is all hot air; about Russia's dead economy and second rate military?

Exactly how is the semi-dictatorial leader of a nuclear power and one of the largest land-mass countries in the world "all hot air"? The Iranians have plenty of cash; what they need is time and tech. We seem to be giving them the time; Putin is giving them the tech.

The Russian economy is heavily based on export of raw materials. Have you checked the price of oil and non-ferrous metals recently? If oil goes down to 50 bucks a barrel, maybe even 60, both Putin and Ah-maah-loonie-jad would be history.

LAK

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2007, 04:39:20 AM »
CAnnoneer,

Putin is protecting his own backyard - and the Caspian region. I'll almost bet the farm that Russia already has Moskit equipped forces in Iran - even if the crews are in the form of "advisors".

Right, Iran has alot of money. They do not need tech because they can buy the best, or nearly so, right off the shelf - from Russia.

$30 a barrel is not going to sink Russia - or Putin. It's called volume sales - you sell alot more, only at a cheaper unit price. China's already huge (and growing) appetite for all things raw - including oil - is going to ensure that.

Putin can tell OPEC to go take a long swim up the Suez canal. Russia is claiming an enormous area of continental shelf on it's northern frontier, this in addition to it's huge land mass. It has already pioneered and made viable very deep oil drilling and extraction; their Kola well reached over 40,000 feet deep, and they have been busy drilling deep all over the place. There are not many, if any, places on earth where oil can not be found if drilled deep enough.

And right again; Putin is not full of hot air - I did not say that I had any such belief at all. He is very serious indeed and has the muscle to back it up - with or without China.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2007, 04:21:36 PM »
What? That's it?? No scoffers? No one going to pipe up and tell us that the "war" on a noun is going somewhere; that Iran is part of the "axis of evil" and needs to be invaded before they mobilise their army of sleeping cells all brimming with nbc's and kill us all? No one going to pipe up and tell us that Putin is all hot air; about Russia's dead economy and second rate military?

What's the point?  You are obviously so logical and rational that you post that on post #6.  I guess you are looking for an argument.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2007, 02:56:47 PM »

--------------------------------------------------

Settle down Beavis....................Most of us probably agree with your original post.
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

LAK

• friend
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2007, 03:01:41 AM »
I've been on this forum, THR and a few others popular with some folk here for a good number of years. In the last several years I have posted a good number of indicators that both Russia and China were serious military threats and a few specifically concerning the Caspian region as relates to our invasion of Iraq, and the prospects of attacking and invading Iran.

The heckling and scoffing did surprize me. And yes, in addition to noting the stateside media silence on this recent report, I was looking for an arguement here. All quiet now.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2007, 03:40:51 PM »
I certainly don't think China and Russia are anyone to take lightly.  China has be rearming for quite a while now. 

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2007, 04:30:59 AM »
China has been rearming for quite awhile now.

Not to mention the efforts they are putting into building a force projecting blue water navy and support. undecided
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2007, 04:38:36 AM »
China has been rearming for quite awhile now.

Not to mention the efforts they are putting into building a force projecting blue water navy and support. undecided

Yes. If they decide they want the Philippines, what could we do about it?

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2007, 08:55:42 AM »

1) Why would they want the Phillipines?
2) Why do we care?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2007, 10:16:13 AM »
Because the Filipinos are our phriends.  Sorry, just wanted to spell that. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2007, 11:08:46 AM »

1) Why would they want the Phillipines?
2) Why do we care?

Why? What is China most hungry for right now?
The Philippines is rich in mineral resources. There are major deposits of gold in northern and southern Luzon; iron ore in northern Mindanao and on nearby islands and in central Luzon; copper in west-central Luzon; lead and zinc in western Mindanao; and high-grade chromium ore (chromite) in west-central and southern Luzon, northern Mindanao, and central Palawan. Deposits of silver, nickel, mercury, molybdenum, cadmium, and manganese occur in several other places. Nonmetallic minerals include limestone for cement, found on Cebu, Luzon, and Romblon; salt and asbestos on Luzon; marble on Romblon and Panay; asphalt on Leyte; mineral waters on Luzon; gypsum on Luzon; sulfur on Luzon, Leyte, and Mindanao; guano and phosphate rock on Cebu and Bohol; coal and silica on Cebu and Palawan; and petroleum off the northwest shore of Palawan.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2007, 11:34:08 AM »
I seriously doubt they would try to grab the Phillipines before grabbing Taiwan.  I think Taiwan would be the first grab if they decided to project force. 

The other concern with China is their continuing efforts to advance their space flight ability. 

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2007, 11:36:17 AM »
Russia right now is a strong military threat, but most of their military is 15 or 20 years out of date.  They have a ways to go before they get to a present day power equivilent to what the Soviet Union had previously.  I am sure they still have a lot of power/influence in the areas surrounding them similar to China. 

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2007, 11:36:22 AM »
China is sending probes to the Moon, now. Just launched the first one.

They could care less about science. They want the helium-3, I'd think. Once fusion gets going, it's worth almost $6 billion dollars a ton. There's at least a million tons of it up there. 

I think they're going to skip Earth orbit and go right for establishment of an ilmenite mining operation on the moon, claiming mineral rights, and putting bases where there may be cometary water deposits as well.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2007, 01:03:20 PM »
I get "This is a private video. If you have been sent this video, please make sure you accept the sender's friend request."

Huh?

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2007, 04:24:44 PM »
Why? What is China most hungry for right now?

I am not convinced. A country that cannot feed its population is susceptible to food embargos. Besides, it seems to me we are past the time of grabbing land as booty. Since WW2, the Japanese have been tremendously successful as terroritorial expansionism was replaced with economic one. It seems in their own way the Chinese are trying to do something similar.

LAK

• friend
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2007, 05:50:53 PM »
The Phillipines means more territorial waters, oil, gas, fisheries etc. Why should we care? What if they decide Japan as well? It always has and still does really does boil down to territory and resources.

Pick any region in their proximity; Indonesia, Tibet, Nepal, Kashmir. Why? Resources. And they might get the idea; "simply because we can".

-------------------------------