Author Topic: "He may have shot somebody"  (Read 1746 times)

vernal45

• friend
"He may have shot somebody"
« on: October 23, 2007, 12:46:44 AM »
At least this criminal was suspended WITHOUT pay. 

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,304250,00.html

NYPD Cop Suspended After Fatal Shooting of Unarmed Man in Traffic Dispute
Tuesday , October 23, 2007

NEW YORK 

A police officer was suspended without pay Monday after the fatal shooting of an unarmed driver who may have pretended to have a gun during a traffic altercation a day earlier, when the officer was off-duty.

The undercover narcotics officer turned himself in Monday, said Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly. His gun was taken from him pending possible action by the prosecutor's office, police said.

The 34-year-old was not arrested and has been released, but authorities said criminal charges against him were possible. The Manhattan district attorney's office was investigating, said spokeswoman Barbara Thompson. His name was not released.

The officer, who has been with the force since 2004, was involved in a traffic dispute that began early Sunday after a fatal motorcycle accident forced police to divert traffic off the FDR Drive in East Harlem, police said.

Jayson Tirado, 26, apparently refused to let the narcotics officer's sport utility vehicle merge into traffic, and "words were exchanged," Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said.

A passenger in Tirado's car told police that Tirado "made reference to the fact that he had a gun  'Mr. Ruger' or something like that"  then pointed toward the officer with his right index finger, Kelly said.

At least one shot struck Tirado in the torso, and he died at a hospital, Kelly said.

The officer left the scene but approached a marked police car early Monday, identified himself, said he was having chest pains and "then makes a statement he may have shot somebody," Kelly said

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
Re: "He may have shot somebody"
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 05:05:24 AM »
Ahhh...the privileges of being of genus Sus.   angry
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Thor

• friend
  • US Navy (retired)
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 05:42:37 AM »
This sounds remarkably like the Treptow incident that happened in MN early this summer.
" a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand." - Lucius Annaeus

for Military, Vets, & Supporters, check out:
USMILNET

Conservative Discussion Forum

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 12:51:49 PM »
So he discharged his weapon and didn't bother to tell anyone for a whole day?  That looks bad for anyone, much less an officer. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge