Author Topic: 'DREAM' grant of legality to millions on fast track for vote tomorrow  (Read 15804 times)

CAnnoneer

• friend
Re: 'DREAM' grant of legality to millions on fast track for vote tomorrow
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2007, 08:05:04 PM »
I don't have TiVo. You may be able to catch a rerun on CSPAN.

LAK

• friend
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2007, 03:17:33 AM »
Manedwolf,

If you can not articulate precisely what you claim he was "whining" about you have no point. You are doing basically what you accuse him of. If you dislike his tone alone, why not say so?

I am not interested in style, presentation and tone so much as clear positions on subject matter. Ron Paul has this on some of the most destructive and oppressive afflictions that have proceeded unchecked for decades in this country and some more recent ones.

When one of your calm and composed frontmen for the ruling oligarchy decides to break ranks with his masters; will pole ax the NAU, get the illegals out of our country, get us out of the U.N., abolish the IRS, and put a stop to our blood and money being spread around the globe - among other things - I'll be all ears.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2007, 09:09:54 AM »
Just watch it?

Watch the damn debates...

All I find online are snippets and analysis.  None of which show "whining".  A link/and time index would be nice support of your arguments.

I'm interested in seeing all this whining too. I've done a good bit of searching and I was not able to find any of it. I did a search on the "Damn Debates" and could not not find the whining which was referred to.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2007, 09:21:31 AM »
Fox just rebroadcast the whole thing this weekend.

And here, this user put the whole thing up in pieces.

He whines right away about halfway through this statement:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zq3hJxXxx94

Earlier, he declared that 70% of Americans wanted us out of Iraq, and got loud boos.

Len Budney

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2007, 09:44:29 AM »
He whines right away about halfway through this statement: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zq3hJxXxx94

Not a trace of whining. Paul's voice is slightly nasal and somewhat higher-pitched for a man, and apparently that's what's driving Maned's almost pathological animosity. I'm not the first to suggest it on this thread, but Maned's specific example here proves it.

Earlier, he declared that 70% of Americans wanted us out of Iraq, and got loud boos.

Unsurprising when Fox News stacked the audience with a hand-picked crowd and Frank Luntz's sleazy tactics. Nevertheless, Paul was quite right (plus or minus margin-of-error, yadda yadda).

--Len.
In a cannibal society, vegetarians arouse suspicion.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2007, 09:55:20 AM »
Len, your cited sources for that allegation are a Ron Paul devotee site and Lew Rockwell.

No black helicopter sites as well? I'm disappointed.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2007, 09:55:49 AM »
He certainly doesn't have a very good speaking voice and he is a bit annoying to listen to. I didn't notice where any part could be classified as "whining" compared to any other part. I sure haven't seen any "Howard Dean Scream" moments. The boo's were pretty weak.

His claim of 70% being opposed to the war in Iraq is not really off the mark. There are several polls which place the disapproval of the war, its handling and increased  funding in the 65 to 67% range and one at 70%.

Here is a link to several recent polls.http://www.pollingreport.com/iraq.htm

Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Len Budney

« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2007, 09:58:29 AM »
Len, your cited sources for that allegation are a Ron Paul devotee site and Lew Rockwell.

I admit it was hard to find Rudi Giuliani devotee sites that discussed Fox's tactics against Ron Paul. rolleyes

But their evidence stands on its own merits. Attacking the source is the one cheesy debate tactic that everyone has heard of. (Hint: two words; the second being "hominem.") It was to avoid the (mis)impression of using the tactic myself that I neglected to mention how silly it is to attach any significance to an audience's reaction. A Fox audience is bound to like Rudy McRomney better, just as a CNN audience is bound to lean toward Billary. An audience is certainly not a scientific statistical sample of anything.

--Len.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2007, 10:00:30 AM »
When you cite a supporter site as "facts", and then use a conspiracy theorist loon as your other source?

Gee, why would that cause doubt?

Len Budney

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2007, 10:02:11 AM »
When you cite a supporter site as "facts", and then use a conspiracy theorist loon as your other source?  Gee, why would that cause doubt?

It doesn't cause any doubt; intelligent readers are capable of forming their own opinions--despite whatever personal biases they may have, and despite your shrill ad homina. Unlike your posts, these sites offer specific evidence, such as the testimony of an extremely anti-RP Freeper. Contrary to your insinuations, they aren't making unsubstantiated allegations. Give it up. Try rational discourse, or take up knitting.

--Len.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2007, 10:12:20 AM »
I so cannot wait for the primaries to be OVER...

It's like being assaulted with a crazy mix of moonies and black-helicopter conspiracy nuts, but on the political stage, and here in my state as well.

And they want to bring 1000 more to annoy NH citizens right before the primaries. Freaking GREAT. Tongue
The only thing that would be even more "fun" is if the white-supremacy and other nasty groups that have attached to him show up, too.

I really, really, really understand why RedState just banned the Paulians...

Len Budney

« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2007, 10:14:52 AM »
I so cannot wait for the primaries to be OVER...

Yup! 'Cuz when RP isn't nominated--as he likely won't be--you can start worrying about Hillary's presidency in earnest.

--Len.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2007, 10:16:31 AM »
I'll deal with whomever the candidates are that point. Right now, I just want the Paulians to shut UP and go back their sites where they babble about zionists and freemasons, out of sight and out of mind.

Len Budney

« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2007, 10:27:18 AM »
I'll deal with whomever the candidates are that point. Right now, I just want the Paulians to shut UP and go back their sites where they babble about zionists and freemasons, out of sight and out of mind.

I know you're just baiting me at this point--and I'dve ignored you completely if you hadn't dragged Zionists into it. There may be antisemitic supporters of Ron Paul, but I've never met one. Meanwhile, it's quite safe to say that my Hebrew is better than yours. (I never claim fluency, but I'm reading הארי פוטר והנסיך חצוי–הדם, AKA Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, comfortably enough in Hebrew.) Jew-baiting a hard-core philosemite happens to be one of my hot buttons. Snarl.

--Len.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2007, 10:31:28 AM »
Pointing out that a number of Paulians do indeed go on about the so-called secret zionist neocon agenda is Jew-baiting?

Well!

Tinfoil hat a bit tight, there?

Len Budney

« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2007, 10:33:24 AM »
Pointing out that a number of Paulians do indeed go on about the secret zionist neocon agenda is Jew-baiting?

OK, enough with the stupidity. You suggested that they're all like that, when in fact very few (in my experience, none) actually are. Howsabout getting back to the topic--or at least back to the tangent already in progress.

--Len.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2007, 10:40:04 AM »
Pointing out that a number of Paulians do indeed go on about the secret zionist neocon agenda is Jew-baiting?

OK, enough with the stupidity. You suggested that they're all like that, when in fact very few (in my experience, none) actually are. Howsabout getting back to the topic--or at least back to the tangent already in progress.

--Len.

Here, Len. Here's a quote for you:

What I mean by this can clearly be seen by looking at Congressman Ron Pauls recent trouncing of his opponents in every single televised Republican debate this year. MSNBC conducted a poll immediately following the last debate in New Hampshire; Paul literally destroyed every other candidate,[2] just as he did in California [3] a month ago. Despite his obvious popularity the Zionist media continues to ignore him, suggesting that his polling popularity was related to his supporters spamming the polls. Ridiculous  but nonetheless thats what the Zionist media said.

That's from David Duke's website. Tongue

I think you need to look around at who your bedfellows are. They've got fleas.

LAK

• friend
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2007, 12:13:37 AM »
Manedwolf,

Len brought up a good point; Ron Paul's voice is charactaristically higher pitched than some.

And It is creeping out here and there in your posts that it is down to the fact that you simply do not agree with him on some important points. More objective to address these head on.

------------------------------------

http://searchronpaul.com
http://ussliberty.org
http://ssunitedstates.org

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2007, 04:56:49 AM »
This thread is in total hijack mode. Please bring it back on track. Feel free to start a new thread on the divergent topic.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2007, 05:12:25 AM »
Voice higher pitched than some like in males, and speaking in great ernest, but no "whining" in the provided link.

Wait, did I just hear Fred Thompson admit on national TV that he's a perpetrator/victim of child sexual abuse?  "...I was a father of 17, I was a husband at 17.." shocked

Back on topic (or trying at least):  We'll need to watch for this kind of crap with increasing vigilance in the coming months.  Certain factions on both sides of the the political landscape NEED the vote of the invaders.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.