Author Topic: Call of Duty players  (Read 984 times)

natedog

• friend
Call of Duty players
« on: July 01, 2005, 05:07:43 PM »
I'm having a few issues with Call of Duty. I used to play religiously, but have moved on to other games. I recently reinstalled the game, and I'm having trouble with the game freezing at random, requiring a restart. This has never happened to me before, even running on the highest settings. Second, what's the newest version of United Offensive? Thanks!

Gamertag: TheLastRifleman

Phyphor

• friend
Call of Duty players
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2005, 05:14:06 PM »
second question, I'm in a clue free zone,

first, have you checked for spyware / adware in your machine?
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
Call of Duty players
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2005, 06:19:34 PM »
No changes to your gaming machine in hardware or software?  I used to have COD lock up hard during the car ride sequence, and at that point I blamed the limited video RAM on the laptop.  In retrospective, I'm inclined to look at the drivers, since I was running stock ATI drivers.  But have since moved on to the Omega drivers on that machine.  Soldiers: Heroes of WWII would also lock up with the ATI drivers, but never does with the Omega.net ones.

Other than those idea, I can't help much.  COD has been supplanted by Brothers in Arms for me.  Being able to direct and control the fire/assult teams adds immensely to the WWII FPS experience.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.