Author Topic: Reactivation of the '95 Assault Weapons Ban  (Read 4546 times)

dglockster

Reactivation of the '95 Assault Weapons Ban
« on: October 27, 2007, 05:19:26 AM »
Apologies for posting here, but I did not see an appropriate forum for this type of information.

The reactivation of the '95 Assault Weapons Ban is a major part of Senator Joseph Biden's new "crime fighting" bill. Please contact your senators and representatives at the federal level to let them know your position on this bill.

You can read Senator Biden's bill at http://biden.senate.gov/newsroom/details.cfm?id=286107&&

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Reactivation of the '95 Assault Weapons Ban
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 07:24:17 AM »
The appropriate forum is The Politics Place.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 07:54:43 AM »
The Biden Crime Bill provides for a straight-forward reauthorization of the assault weapons ban that became law in 1994

Because SO MANY crimes are done with scary-looking rifles, not a stolen handgun, right? Number one crime gun is STILL the lowly .38 special revolver!

and it closes the so-called gun show loophole by requiring all gun show sales submit to federal background checks, just like any store-based firearm sale.

THEY ALREADY ARE! ARRRG! Do they even KNOW what is going on in reality? In the real world? Ever? Once? #$%!...

Thor

• friend
  • US Navy (retired)
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2007, 08:34:15 AM »
I believe that I've heard elsewhere that they also want private party sales to be required to get background checks done.
" a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand." - Lucius Annaeus

for Military, Vets, & Supporters, check out:
USMILNET

Conservative Discussion Forum

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 09:48:01 AM »

Because SO MANY crimes are done with scary-looking rifles, not a stolen handgun, right? Number one crime gun is STILL the lowly .38 special revolver!

Gun control is about control.  It has nothing to do with fighting crime.   angry
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2007, 11:28:01 AM »
An anti-Biden ad would be so easy, and I wish the NRA wasn't asleep at the wheel.

All they have to do is show old footage of WWII and Korean war soldiers carrying M1 Carbines. Show the Korean War monument. Show an older veteran teaching his kid how to target shoot with that classic wooden-stocked rifle...or show one on the mantlepiece in someone's study, in warm light, with old photographs behind it. Ask how much of a "threat" it is.

And then show an angry Biden, and zoom in to the bit of HR 1022 that shows that it would be banned. Then show the old WWII and Korean photos again.

It is on the list.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2007, 11:55:41 AM »
I believe that I've heard elsewhere that they also want private party sales to be required to get background checks done.

I think that is what the "Closing the Gun Show Loophole" deal is really about. There is no "Gun show loophole". Dealers at gun shows already have to do a NICS check when they sell a gun, private sales don't.

Its just Bradyspeak for restricting private sales.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 04:12:34 AM »
I believe it was the 94 crime bill, and Rudy LOVED IT.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2007, 04:38:44 AM »
Biden must really want the Democrats to loose next fall elections.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536