Author Topic: John Edwards proposes higher taxes, college for all  (Read 9945 times)

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
Re: John Edwards proposes higher taxes, college for all
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2007, 06:56:00 AM »
I saw that where I lived in Chicago, mane.  I lived downtown in Presidential Towers (the 4 big buildings sticking up in the background of the helicopter pad shots in "ER").  Bottles and trash in the hallways and stairways.  People passed out at the entrances.  Disgusting.
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2007, 08:31:39 AM »
I saw that where I lived in Chicago, mane.  I lived downtown in Presidential Towers (the 4 big buildings sticking up in the background of the helicopter pad shots in "ER").  Bottles and trash in the hallways and stairways.  People passed out at the entrances.  Disgusting.

I guess Cabrini-Green was full?
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2007, 10:39:41 AM »
When I graduated from HS in 1961, I daresay I had a better education than the majority of Bachelor's candidates today. Physics, advanced calculus, Latin, english, history, music and sports, with a year of wood shop to boot. People without a well-grounded basic education simply can't benefit from the advanced learning available in good colleges.
But you didn't learn how to put on a condom, listen to a lecture on sex, go to the nurse and get condoms for that night's date, get gay indoctrination, and many other nonsense time wasters.

Can we please have Edwards as the Dem candidate?  Pleeeeeeeeease? 
I would be willing to change my registration to vote for him if I thought it would stop Hillery.  rolleyes

Could you please explain the "get gay indoctrination" that you mentioned?

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2007, 06:07:51 PM »
Could you please explain the "get gay indoctrination" that you mentioned?

The indoctrination is that homosexuality is as valid and normal as heterosexuality. Ergo, children's books about Timmy having two mommies, and George using the female toilet because inside itself it feels like Georgina. That's about as big a load of crap as maintaining the Earth is flat. Force-feeding Friscan values to little kids is indoctrination that is both perverse and potentially damaging.

Sawdust

• friend
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2007, 06:40:13 AM »
I humped t-shirts out of the basement of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, I cut grass, I worked in my uncle's slaughterhouse, and bagged groceries all during high school in order to buy guns, ammunition and money for college.  I worked all throughout undergrad hawking guns, archery and fishing gear and sold guns on the side.  Got out of undergrad not owing a frigging dime.

All that time spent working when all I had to do was sit on the couch and wait for others to give me their money.  How I loathe the Democrat Party.

Major +1, dittos and all that.

I worked full-time at various jobs to pay for my engineering degree. Did not borrow one cent or have my parents give me any money.

Rented a "studio" made from a converted master bedroom of a divorcee's house. No kitchen priveleges as the room was walled-off from the rest of the house. Had a microwave and a hot plate in the bathroom - could stir my canned soup while I sat on the john. Washed my dishes in the bathtub.

It took me seven years because of not being able to take a full load some semesters due to having to work, but I made it.

Worked offshore on oil rigs before that, so I could see my future without college - and it wasn't going to be stable or pretty.

People who cry that they can't afford college just won't make the necessary sacrifices - there is always a way if you *really* want to.

Sawdust
Retain what's coming in; send off what is retreating.

Well, you going to pull those pistols boy,
or just whistle Dixie?

I'm your huckleberry.