Author Topic: Tacoma Park, Maryland...  (Read 6592 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Tacoma Park, Maryland...
« on: November 05, 2007, 07:01:41 AM »
Tacoma Park is the heart of liberaism in the DC metro area. It's incredible some of the things that they've done over the years...

For a long time, their police cars were all Volvos. The reason? The town council had passed an anti-nuclear proliferation resolution that they would not deal with any company that was part of the military nuclear infrastructure. That immediately left out almost all of the car companies that produce cars in the US...

Anyway, as in other areas of the country, illegal immigration is a big issue.

Tacoma Park has gone the opposite direction of many areas, though, in that they're making the town a haven for "undocumented immigrants," to the point where they are even allowing illegals to vote in town elections.

Apparently this has happened in a number of communities.

If you want a good indication of the beginning of the end-times for America, I think that's it.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Paddy

Re: Tacoma Park, Maryland...
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 08:08:04 AM »
Sounds like San Francisco east. Volvos are big with the NOCAL liberals, have been for as long as I can remember.

Len Budney

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 08:11:47 AM »
Tacoma Park is the heart of liberaism in the DC metro area. It's incredible some of the things that they've done over the years...

I haven't set foot in Maryland since I started carrying. I've resolved, as best I can, to boycott completely states with bad gun laws. It's tricky visiting my sister in Connecticut, though, because New England is surrounded by a ring of bad states. Best I can do is roll up my windows and shoot through New York state as quick as I can.

--Len.
In a cannibal society, vegetarians arouse suspicion.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 08:25:55 AM »
Politics in this country really does constitute the theatre of the absurd . . . and once again, my .sig line is appropriate . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 08:28:00 AM »
I thought there was some sort of restriction about state funds being used for only domestic-maker police vehicles and all?

At least, it seems that way. There's never any Japanese or German makers even in consideration that I've ever seen.

500hp Nissan Skyline GT-R with the Infiniti V-8 would make a cool cruiser, though...

Also:

Tacoma Park has gone the opposite direction of many areas, though, in that they're making the town a haven for "undocumented immigrants," to the point where they are even allowing illegals to vote in town elections.

Fine with me. The Mexican black tar heroin will flow in, the meth labs will operate and sometimes explode, taking out an apartment building or nearby house, violent crime will go up, from home invasions to muggings and other "antisocial behavior", and the liberals will reap what they sow.

People like that are the head-in-clouds idealists who enabled the likes of Stalin, Mao, and Pol Pot.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 08:37:25 AM »
I'm not 100% certain, but I'm positive that Tacoma Park paid for its police cars out of its own pocket because of this issue.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 08:39:05 AM »
I'm not 100% certain, but I'm positive that Tacoma Park paid for its police cars out of its own pocket because of this issue.

Do they fuel only with Citgo gas, too?

nico

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 01:38:00 PM »
Fine with me. The Mexican black tar heroin will flow in, the meth labs will operate and sometimes explode, taking out an apartment building or nearby house, violent crime will go up, from home invasions to muggings and other "antisocial behavior", and the liberals will reap what they sow.

People like that are the head-in-clouds idealists who enabled the likes of Stalin, Mao, and Pol Pot.
actually, the average person in Takoma park probably thinks those three had pretty good ideas.  No meth labs have exploded yet AFAIK, but MS13 is becoming a progressively bigger problem in the area. 

Remember the episode of South Park where everybody went around smelling their own farts because they were so smug?  yeah, that's takoma park. . .

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2007, 06:23:37 PM »
When I'm out that way for work, I love the Tacoma Park part of the Metro ride from Downtown to Silver Spring. It's the safest part of the trip because Tacoma Park declared itself a "nuclear free zone", so I never have to worry about a nuclear attack there because of the big force shield over the city.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Leatherneck

• friend
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2007, 02:38:59 AM »
Volvos for liberals are so 1970s. The new icons are hybrid cars that could carry four but don't because liberals like to drive in the left HOV lane alone.

And it's Takoma Park not Tacoma Park.

TC
TC
RT Refugee

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2007, 04:56:26 AM »
I spell it wrong just to piss them off.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2007, 05:49:55 AM »

actually, the average person in Takoma park probably thinks those three had pretty good ideas.  No meth labs have exploded yet AFAIK, but MS13 is becoming a progressively bigger problem in the area. 

Remember the episode of South Park where everybody went around smelling their own farts because they were so smug?  yeah, that's takoma park. . .

If they have MS-13 in the area, they're definitely in for a rude awakening. They make the Crips and Bloods look like the old Mafia in terms of relative brutality.

You even look at an MS-13 wrong when they decide your street is theirs, you'll get machete'd or a driveby later. They just don't care. You could blast a bunch of them, and more would come later to take you out. Total animals.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2007, 06:00:19 AM »
No, not really Maned.  They're a problem, true, but not quite as random as you state.  In fact, they tend to leave most uninvolved folks alone.

Now, if you have a relationship with them (that includes LEO), it's a different story, but they tend to leave everyone else alone.  Still not someone I'd like having around, but they're not killing folks randomly for fun around here.

Chris

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2007, 06:15:15 AM »
They had been in Boston. They just rounded up and deported about 400 of them, finally, since they were doing drivebys nearly every night in Roxbury and Dorchester.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2007, 07:12:16 AM »

You even look at an MS-13 wrong when they decide your street is theirs, you'll get machete'd or a driveby later. They just don't care. You could blast a bunch of them, and more would come later to take you out. Total animals.

No *expletive deleted*it? I'm staying in small town or tiny city Iowa. 
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2007, 07:20:49 AM »
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11240718/

What makes MS-13 so deadly is their skill with the machete, and most have had extensive military training in El Salvador, making them a double threat.  The machete, typically used for cutting crops in El Salvador, is now the weapon of choice for this fearless gang.

The MS-13 are identified by their numerous tattoos on their bodies and faces.  They wear blue and white colors taken from the El Salvadoran flag.

Northern Virginia, Southern Maryland and around the Washington, D.C., area are having their problems now with MS-13, with a bigger concentration in Long Island, New York, and California, California being the U.S.  birthplace for this gang which settled there in the early 1980s and one of the states with the biggest numbers still today.

Last month, a Virginia woman was abducted at knifepoint by a group of MS-13 gang members.  They took her to Florida where police say they raped and assaulted her.  She eventually was able to fight off the men and escape.  The gang members have since been charged with false imprisonment.

And this type of brutal force is not unusual for that gang.  It's believed that the reign of terror for America's largest gang, known as MS-13, extends now into 33 states.  And even in the toughest cities, police say these gang members are among the most dangerous criminals they have ever encountered. 

BrokenPaw

• friends
  • Sedit qvi timvit ne non svccederet.
    • ShadowGrove Interpath Ministry
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2007, 07:38:20 AM »
From Manedwolf's quoted article, emphasis mine:
Last month, a Virginia woman was abducted at knifepoint by a group of MS-13 gang members.  They took her to Florida where police say they raped and assaulted her.  She eventually was able to fight off the men and escape.  The gang members have since been charged with false imprisonment.

Charged with false imprisonment?

She was abducted, transported across no fewer than 4 state lines, and raped.  And the best the DA can come up with is false imprisonment?  WTF?

-BP
Seek out wisdom in books, rare manuscripts, and cryptic poems if you will, but seek it also in simple stones and fragile herbs and in the cries of wild birds. Listen to the song of the wind and the roar of water if you would discover magic, for it is here that the old secrets are still preserved.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2007, 08:04:20 AM »
As to their machete thing, I keep hoping that someday, one of their would-be victims has something like a 19th century katana made by a master swordsmith, knows how to use it, and shows them what fighting with a blade is really all about.

That, or a Scot with a family claymore...

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2007, 08:12:10 AM »
From Manedwolf's quoted article, emphasis mine:

Charged with false imprisonment?

She was abducted, transported across no fewer than 4 state lines, and raped.  And the best the DA can come up with is false imprisonment?  WTF?

-BP

I think alot of DA's tend to jump on the first charge they can easily prove, and try to keep them in jail, then pile on the charges during the investigation.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2007, 08:24:21 AM »
As to their machete thing, I keep hoping that someday, one of their would-be victims has something like a 19th century katana made by a master swordsmith, knows how to use it, and shows them what fighting with a blade is really all about.

If what I've heard about these fellows is true, you're not going to show them any greater horror than what they've already lived through, so I'll just rely on 5 shots from a 38 if it comes to that. Smiley

Chris

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2007, 08:28:45 AM »

If what I've heard about these fellows is true, you're not going to show them any greater horror than what they've already lived through, so I'll just rely on 5 shots from a 38 if it comes to that. Smiley

Chris

Yeah, this about sums up what my reaction would be to someone pulling a machete on me...

Len Budney

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2007, 08:31:17 AM »
Yeah, this about sums up what my reaction would be to someone pulling a machete on me...

A bit of trivia: the script called for a dramatic fight with the sword-wielding Arab. Harrison Ford had a cold that day and was feeling cranky, so he pulled out his pistol and fired a blank. They decided that was much better than the scripted scene.

--Len.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2007, 08:33:02 AM »
Little worse than a cold, he had the runs and needed to get out of there pronto.

Chris

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2007, 08:33:52 AM »
Dysentery, I believe. One of the hazards of filming in a place like Tunisia.

Len Budney

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2007, 08:39:44 AM »
Ah, dysentery. Much worse than a cold. Yuck.