Author Topic: Can't Deny Ron Paul raised over 3.5 million today  (Read 35089 times)

yesitsloaded

• friends
Can't Deny Ron Paul raised over 3.5 million today
« on: November 05, 2007, 07:34:50 PM »
I think he has been shown to be a "real" candidate. Any ideas on where it will go from here?
I can haz nukular banstiks ? Say no to furries, yes to people.

CAnnoneer

• friend
Re: Can't Deny Ron Paul raised over 3.5 million today
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 08:27:05 PM »
Nowhere. He cannot win the Repub nomination.

Finch

• Fading Freedoms
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 08:53:08 PM »

Well, we're screwed because no Pro-War republican will win the presidency.
Truth is treason in the empire of lies - Ron Paul

Warren

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 09:29:24 PM »
Those were just spammers.......... rolleyes

I dropped a 1/4 c-note in as it was all I could afford. If I had the money I would do the whole 2300. If I had the money and the McCain-Feingold Anti First Amendment Act was never passed I would drop much much more.

Finch

• Fading Freedoms
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 10:19:49 PM »
If I had the money and the McCain-Feingold Anti First Amendment Act was never passed I would drop much much more.

Yup, we have freedom of speech...just not before an election.  rolleyes

Warren

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 10:30:37 PM »
You didn't need that pesky freedom. Let your betters decide for you what you can say to others. You will be much happier in the long run if you just believe.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2007, 02:00:10 AM »

Well, we're screwed because no Pro-War republican will win the presidency.

And if Ron Paul was pro-war, he might find a few million additional supporters, myself included.   sad
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

LAK

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2007, 03:05:59 AM »
The ruling oligarchy's frontmen are not likely to allow Ron Paul a "republican" party nomination. Otherwise they will very likely not let him past the electoral college. Not hopeless, and our last chance all the same.

I suspect though that the oligarchs are well aware of the rising anger of millions on the ringside who now have no doubt that the so-called "republicans" previously fronted are complete fakes and will not tolerate another. So they will probably install a "democrat" wrestler as the "winning" contender this time around.

It will be business as usual with the usual sideshows over this issue or that. The war-on-a-noun will continue, the formation of the NAU will accelerate and we can look forward to progressive steps that way a la EU.

----------------------------------------------

http://searchronpaul.com
http://ussliberty.org
http://ssunitedstates.org

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2007, 04:38:17 AM »
So, what are the chances on Ron Paul running as an independent if he doesn't get the vote?
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2007, 04:58:20 AM »
"The ruling oligarchy's frontmen..."

Don't forget the Bildebergers and the Council of 13 Jews who rule the world...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Len Budney

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2007, 05:27:58 AM »
"The ruling oligarchy's frontmen..."

Don't forget the Bildebergers and the Council of 13 Jews who rule the world...

Yep, that conspiracy talk tends to discredit. In my right-winger days, it used to bug me when Jim Quinn went on about Hillary being a Bilderberger, etc. Of course liberals are no stranger to that sort of thing, either. I gather that GWB was a bonesman.

The reality is that most of the mischief is done not by three fat men in a back room, but by about ten million petty bureaucrats, each one doing his own little part. I'm sure there are lots of smoky back-rooms out there, but no one of them is actually behind everything. Every politician makes shady deals, but they're all generally at cross-purposes.

It's a pity. If everything really was the word of a secret cabal, we could save the world just by hitting their next Secret Cabal Picnic with IEDs. If folks are willing to donate $4M to Ron Paul in honor of Guy Fawkes (I gave my $100), it should be easy to get folks to pony up for tons of explosives to take out the Secret Cabal.

--Len.
In a cannibal society, vegetarians arouse suspicion.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2007, 05:44:51 AM »
Really, I have to wonder how much of the money came from overseas.

Ron Paul's idea of a foreign policy amounts to hiding under the bed.

Wouldn't those who seek to expand extremist islam be very happy with that sort of nonintervention? They'd have nothing stopping them at all!

Be interesting to see if some of the money came from Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, etc...through various channels.

Also, WTF is with Paul not saying "go away" to the white supremacist and "anti-zionist" filth that's supporting him? Is he really that dumb and naive as to not realize what a liability they are?

Len Budney

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2007, 05:49:25 AM »
That's illegal, of course. When I contributed, I had to give complete contact information and affirm that I'm a US citizen, not a straw donor, etc., etc. Their published statistics all suggest a large number of small donations, rather than the reverse.

--Len.

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2007, 06:38:53 AM »

Wait, I'm confused.  Are we talking about Ron Paul here or Hillary?

yesitsloaded

• friends
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2007, 06:47:06 AM »
Actually he tried to get us to declare war on Iraq. His position is that if we are going to war, by God don't half ass it. He isn't anti war, he is anti useless police actions that never solve anything and only breed more global hatred of us. Not to mention he is only running for president, not dictator of the US. Even if elected nothing will magically change because we still have congress to deal with.
I can haz nukular banstiks ? Say no to furries, yes to people.

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2007, 06:52:26 AM »
That's illegal, of course. When I contributed, I had to give complete contact information and affirm that I'm a US citizen, not a straw donor, etc., etc. Their published statistics all suggest a large number of small donations, rather than the reverse.

Hillary's campaign has already found a solution to that annoying little hurdle: They launder the money through small donors.

Len Budney

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2007, 06:57:03 AM »

Actually he tried to get us to declare war on Iraq. His position is that if we are going to war...

Good point! More generally, his stance on national defense includes putting guns in the hands of every citizen, fortifying our borders, and either fighting a war, or not fighting a war--none of this fence-squatting. And, of course, free trade.

That's hardly "hiding under the bed." It's more like holding a yard sale, with a big smile, a firm handshake and tasty hot-dogs--plus a 1911 on your hip and an M1A slung over your shoulder. (Hm. Sounds like last summer's yard sale at my house. Except I've only got a 9mm Sigma; I don't own a 1911.)

--Len.

Len Budney

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2007, 07:00:07 AM »

Hillary's campaign has already found a solution to that annoying little hurdle: They launder the money through small donors.

Well, they're certainly laundering money--especially Chinese money--to beat the band, but not so much through small donors. At least, not very small.

In Ron Paul's case, however, there's currently no basis for suspecting that foreign donors are contributing illegally. There's certainly no basis for suspecting that his campaign is seeking such donations. Unlike probable-future-president Hillary.

--Len.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2007, 07:53:59 AM »
Except I've only got a 9mm Sigma

I feel your pain.. I used to own a .40 Sigma

Actually I'm starting to like Dr Paul more and more each day.

-C
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2007, 09:01:47 AM »
4.07 Million in one day.  Less than Hillary's record, but more than any Republican candidate this year.

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2007, 09:08:06 AM »
I am proud to say I was a small part of the 4.07 million he raised yesterday.
I paid $100, it was the closest round number to what I could afford at the time.
I pay all my monthly bills on the 10th of each month, so the 5th actually worked well for Dr. Paul in my case.
Around this time next month, I will see what I can afford again.

I have NEVER contributed to anyone's campaign before.

My vote may never amount to anything, but I will vote with a clear conscience.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

Finch

• Fading Freedoms
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2007, 02:08:10 PM »
And if Ron Paul was pro-war, he might find a few million additional supporters, myself included.   sad

Ron never said he was Anti-War. He is pro war, but the war has to be just. Iraq was not a threat to us and therefore not a just war. We should only go to war in defense of OUR nation.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2007, 02:08:56 PM »

Indeed.  Ron Paul is utterly clueless when it comes to asymmetric or unconventional warfare.  Even Hillary gets it better than Ron Paul, and that's really saying something. 

I would definitely consider voting for Paul if I felt he could defend my country.  Alas...

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2007, 02:36:50 PM »

Ron never said he was Anti-War. He is pro war, but the war has to be just. Iraq was not a threat to us and therefore not a just war. 

Oh my.  I think everyone else understood that I was referring to one specific war. 

We should only go to war in defense of OUR nation.
  Wow, did you come up with that all by yourself? 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Finch

• Fading Freedoms
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2007, 04:13:16 PM »
Wow, did you come up with that all by yourself? 

Ahhh yes. Can't come up with a decent argument to counter so you resort to petty insults. Great Job.