Author Topic: A great response (from another forum)  (Read 4982 times)

enfield

• http://www.delightfulproducts.com
A great response (from another forum)
« on: March 07, 2005, 02:17:13 PM »
Quote:
Explain to me why the vast majority of radio and TV hosts are conservatives? Yet, at least half of the voters are liberals(or vote for liberals).

Conservative talk shows have a built in advantage in that their audience is in an automobile, listening to the radio, while driving to a job.

cheesy
- enfield

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

MaterDei

• friend
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2005, 03:28:47 PM »
Liberals are a bunch of victims and chicken littles.  Who can stand listening to that?

nico

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2005, 04:47:42 PM »
MaterDei's got a point.  Although I often disagree with them, people like Limbaugh, Hannity, and Scarborough are MUCH more bearable than any of the liberal commentators I've heard.

Wildalaska

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2005, 03:44:26 PM »
There are liberal radio hosts?

Wow...

WildincredulousAlaska
I'm just a condescending, supercilious,  pompous ass .But then again, my opinion is as irrelevant as yours, and keep in mind kids, it's only the internet! If I bug ya that much, ignore me. Anyway, need something? Call me at 800/992-4570.
?If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers?

http://www.hyperarts.com/pynchon/gravity/index.html

http://www.therealwildalaska.com/blog/

nico

• friend

Greg L

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2005, 03:29:35 AM »
Because the liberal viewpoint can't stand up to logical arguments.   Liberal talk radio depends upon a real good screener to keep logical people off the air.   Eventually you wind up with the host looking like a fool on a regular basis either by being out argued or constantly hanging up on people.  What you have left is either a show that is a monologue with no callers or a show that is just preaching to the choir as everyone else has gotten disgusted with the lack of interaction that should be involved with talk radio & moved on.

Liberal ideas work best in a medium where they can be presented to people (one way communication) rather than presented by interacting with people (as logic usually destroys their viewpoint).

Half the voters voted the way they did because either they don't care to be educated, they accept what they hear from the one way communicators as gospel, etc.  Most people don't want to listen to something that goes against their viewpoint because then they would be forced to think.  It s much easier (if less fulfilling) going through life in a happy fog knowing that your "betters" know what is best & that you'll just follow their advice rolleyes .

Sean Smith

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2005, 04:08:24 AM »
There are liberal radio hosts?

Wow...

WildincredulousAlaska

Well, there is NPR...

macavada

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2005, 04:10:56 PM »
Because the liberal viewpoint can't stand up to logical arguments. Liberal talk radio depends upon a real good screener to keep logical people off the air. Eventually you wind up with the host looking like a fool on a regular basis either by being out argued or constantly hanging up on people. What you have left is either a show that is a monologue with no callers or a show that is just preaching to the choir as everyone else has gotten disgusted with the lack of interaction that should be involved with talk radio & moved on.

Brother.  The Ed Schultz show doesn't screen.  Nor does the Randy Rhodes show.  They take on all callers.  I don't think you listen to liberal talk radio enough to be able to form the opinion.  I don't hear many intances of the hosts hanging up on the callers.  Usually conservatives don't even bother calling.  It is mostly liberals calling in to agree with the hosts.  Just like in right wing talk radio.

By the way, I don't think there is anyone more structured and that utilizes screening more than Rush Limbaugh.  I listened to him for at least eight years.  I still tune him in from time to time to hear what he's saying.  You want to talk about monologue?  Open line Friday sometimes doesn't even get to the open lines in the first hour!

You want to talk about preaching to the choir, how about that Sean Hannity. (need barf smiley)

Franken doesn't lack for material.  He gets on several guests each show, and never runs out of material when it comes to exposing right wing lies.

Both sides spend a lot of time preaching to their respective choirs.