Author Topic: Democrat Debate  (Read 3361 times)

yesitsloaded

• friends
Democrat Debate
« on: November 15, 2007, 04:01:13 PM »
I'm watching it right now and I don't know whether to be sick or fall down laughing.
I can haz nukular banstiks ? Say no to furries, yes to people.

yesitsloaded

• friends
Re: Democrat Debate
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 04:10:33 PM »
Hillary just stated that she would call a "trade timeout" on NAFTA. I'm glad she is the free trade referee now. Heaven forbid the people get to choose who they want to trade with.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 04:22:19 PM »
I watched briefly.

I looked at the Wii remote on the coffee table, wishing I had the option to bring up the Wii action cursor, click on them, pick them up, shake them around a bit and then throw them off the side of the screen.

No such luck.

yesitsloaded

• friends
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 04:48:23 PM »
Ok, now they are speaking in spanish to some guy in the crowd, our own countries debate isn't even in english.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 04:57:08 PM »
I tried to watch it.  I lasted about 10 minutes.  Of course, the candidates weren't talking for the first 8 minutes of it.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2007, 05:15:15 AM »
You know, I like to hear things in English also, but you have to admit that a very large section of the Southwestern US was annexed from Mexico directly (California, New Mexico, Arizona) or indirectly (Texas).  Many, many people became US citizens who spoke Spanish.  Just something to remember.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 05:28:18 AM »
You know, I like to hear things in English also, but you have to admit that a very large section of the Southwestern US was annexed from Mexico directly (California, New Mexico, Arizona) or indirectly (Texas).  Many, many people became US citizens who spoke Spanish.  Just something to remember.

They also learned English and, more than that, assimilated into the American culture, adding to it.

The newer sorts are causing a Balkanization of the area by refusing to assimilate at all, while at the same time demanding things from the same American government they're openly hostile towards.

We can have a nation if people assimilate. As it is, we're heading for a collection of tribalist refugee camps.

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2007, 06:24:02 AM »
I don't like the bilingual nonsense any more than anybody else. However, my prediction is that the elites want NAU rather than balkanization, so they are currently using illegals and extremists to undermine the cultural and demographic basis of the English-speaking nation, which opposes NAU. Once the NAU becomes a fact, the same semi-terrorist groups and racist preachers will be put down quick and hard, and they wouldn't even know what hit them, like Rohm and the SA. The one thing that statists hate the most is challenge to their absolute authority. "The ring has only one master, and he shares power with no one."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2007, 10:04:35 AM »

That well over 150 years ago... next argument.

Interestly though, I get jobs announcements from different state agencies in Iowa and many of them are starting to have this as the last line:

"The person in this position must speak and understand the English language, as well as having a clear comprehension of reading and writing in English to interact with customers and co-workers."

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536