Author Topic: Are Democrats Crazy?  (Read 10690 times)

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: Are Democrats Crazy?
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2007, 11:10:52 AM »
What's that mean to you?

It means almost $30,000 in debt for each man, woman, child and infant in the United States.

Hell, I'll write a check right now if it means that I won't have to pay taxes anymore.   grin
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Paddy

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2007, 11:39:17 AM »
Besides, you're dreamin' if you think this country will elect another Republican president in 2008 after eight years of the failed Bush Administration and 6 years of a worthless Republican congress.  Republicans would have lost the Whitehouse in 2006 had it been a Presidential election year.  Even I finally got the message (after voting exclusively Republican since 1968-except for Perot in '92-beat that record)  That would make  me part of the problem except I live in CA, whose electoral votes negated my Republican vote.  So I'm innocent. Y'all in the 'Red States' can step up and take a bow, though.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2007, 11:40:32 AM »
Talk to someone in the heartland and ask what they think of Hillary. Be sure to step to the side when they spit.

Paddy

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2007, 11:46:05 AM »
Opinions don't count.  Electoral votes do.  Blue states have the electoral votes.  And from what I hear most Democrats have no use for Hillary, either.

wooderson

• friend
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2007, 11:54:17 AM »
I do think that the irrational hatred of Hillary - as readily demonstrated throughout APS - is an issue, but there are fewer people with mommy issues about powerful women now than 15 years ago (though some remain, as evidenced by the nutcracker thread...).

Apparently she (and other people who care far more about electoral politics than I) thinks it can be overcome.

Married women broke for Bush in 2000 and 2004 - almost certainly they move to the Hillary camp against the 'family values' of the GOP front runners (except maybe Huckabee - and I suspect his fundamentalism will awaken dormant feminist tendencies).
I've not met any Latinos who take the "angry white male" stance on Hillary, and with the immigration fiasco they'll almost certainly vote for anyone running as a Democrat to a greater degree than before.
Young people, if they're as active and Democratic-leaning in 2008 as in 2006 won't be put off by Hillary.

Who does Hillary lose that would vote for another Democratic candidate? Maybe some Edwards voters if Huckabee's in the race (anyone run demographic numbers on their support? I suspect there's interesting overlap). But if you're willing to vote for Obama, Hillary isn't a deal-breaker.
"The famously genial grin turned into a rictus of senile fury: I was looking at a cruel and stupid lizard."

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2007, 11:55:32 AM »
It's not irrational. Read her old papers. Her lust for power is frightening.

wooderson

• friend
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2007, 11:56:34 AM »
As opposed to anyone else running for the office of MOST POWERFUL PERSON IN HUMAN HISTORY.

All shrinking violets, to be sure.
"The famously genial grin turned into a rictus of senile fury: I was looking at a cruel and stupid lizard."

Paddy

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2007, 11:58:51 AM »
I do think that the irrational hatred of Hillary - as readily demonstrated throughout APS - is an issue, but there are fewer people with mommy issues about powerful women now than 15 years ago (though some remain, as evidenced by the nutcracker thread...).

That phobia comes from Rush and that other thumbsucking meathead "you'reagreatamerican Hannity" with his 'stop hillary express' evangelism.  They both have a large following of koolaid drinking suckers who hang on their every word.

SomeKid

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2007, 04:34:00 PM »
Did you guys never consider that some hatred for Hillary might be warranted - especially from gun owners? There is no gun control law she would hesitate to sign. While a lot of other candidates are no better, there are few that are worse.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2007, 06:32:52 PM »
I think the most telling statement about a would-be Hillary administration came from a former staffer, regarding the goings-on and her personal involvement. That anything that happens is either authorized...or punished.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2007, 06:41:22 PM »
I try not to have feelings of hatred toward anyone, even Hillary.  Disgust, loathing, righteous indignation, maybe even wishing she would die peacefully in her sleep.  But not hatred.   smiley

Besides, our masters have now instructed us to hate Ron Paul.  Wink
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

wooderson

• friend
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2007, 06:55:20 PM »
manedwolf, do you apply that "absolutely truthful" standard to former Bush staffers?

marine 1

« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2007, 08:10:02 PM »
Its so nice writting a huge reply when it wont be shown.  That's the only defense you have.  Micheal Moore had to build a theatre in Traverse City to have ferenheight 911 shown.  Learn that it takes more for a presidential candidate to say no to guns than it takes to make it a law.  This country was way better and booming when clinton ran it, brilliant.  But lower taxes for the wealthy sounds good to yall hard workers sounds good, with gearge's dumb ass kewl accent.  Returned from Bagdad 1 month today.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2007, 04:23:44 AM »
Huh?

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2007, 05:11:12 AM »
Huh?

Quoted for truth. Who brought up gearge, ferenheight 911 and Micheal Moore?
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2007, 08:03:57 AM »
Who brought up gearge, ferenheight 911 and Micheal Moore?

Some crazy democrat, I'd guess   grin
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2007, 01:59:58 PM »

That's how I liked to view conservatives when I was one, and I still lean toward that viewpoint. But the same people who claim to fear nothing but fear itself, the same "can do" Americans, shake like Jello(tm) for fear that a couple of kooks in a cave are going to topple our government, set up sharia law, exterminate Americans and overthrow western civilization itself...Conservatives quiver like pudding for fear "Islamo-fascists" will take over their country, destroy their way of life, and eat all their macaroons.

Which one of you conservatives told Len about how we're all sleeping under our beds?  We weren't supposed to tell anyone.   angry

But I hope he's impressed that I can type so well with all the quivering. 

Len Budney

« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2007, 04:42:55 PM »
That's how I liked to view conservatives when I was one, and I still lean toward that viewpoint. But the same people who claim to fear nothing but fear itself, the same "can do" Americans, shake like Jello(tm) for fear that a couple of kooks in a cave are going to topple our government, set up sharia law, exterminate Americans and overthrow western civilization itself...Conservatives quiver like pudding for fear "Islamo-fascists" will take over their country, destroy their way of life, and eat all their macaroons.

Which one of you conservatives told Len about how we're all sleeping under our beds?  We weren't supposed to tell anyone.   angry

Hey. You're scared enough to think that invading Iraq is the only way to save your life.
In a cannibal society, vegetarians arouse suspicion.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2007, 05:04:29 PM »
He thinks that?  Says who?  Where?

rolleyes

Len Budney

« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2007, 05:37:18 PM »
He thinks that?  Says who?  Where?

Yawn. OK, end the occupation and withdraw.

"YAAAAAAGH! WE CAN'T DO THAT! We have to fight them over there, or else we'll have to fight them over here! Islamo-fascism!"
In a cannibal society, vegetarians arouse suspicion.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2007, 05:54:33 PM »
I think we've figured out who's crazy.   smiley

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2007, 05:00:22 PM »
I think we've figured out who's crazy.   smiley

:takes out a piece of chalk:
:draws a circle and writes 'sane' within it:
:Steps in circle and looks out at everyone else:
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2007, 01:27:57 AM »
I had a conversation with a dem activist, I told him I used to vote strictly dem but all their gun control changed that.
He said that "you can't decide on one issue alone" so I told him to call the police and I'll wait right here for them to arrest me grin

I had them yell and scream and get all blood lusty and stuff, just because I am firm on gun issues.
Gun grabbers simply never get my vote.

They certainly came off as unstable, many American voters are like my sister, she won't vote for Hillary because she doesn't like her (she hates reading the news or figuring out issues, she's anti gun too)
She might be voting for Edwards because "he seems like a nice man" sad

Who ever Howard Stern backs gets her vote.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

grampster

• friend
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2007, 04:04:55 PM »
It was sad watching the Rebubs melt down after they got a mandate with The Contract With America in the early 90's.  Once ensconced in power, they did what all politicians do...feather their nest, trying to get reelected and broke their word on a regular basis and basically turn into what the democrats had been doing as a majority for the previous 40 years.  But the fulminating that comes from the far left (which seems to have a firm grip on the most visible of democrat pols) certainly doesn't sound too rational.

At least we got a couple of good things out of the R's.  Tax cuts and a nudge back toward the center/right in our federal courts as well as weakening gun control.   How many states would have passed Shall Issue, Castle Doctrine, and No Retreat laws if the WH and the H and S were back in full democrat control.  There would have been horrendous Fed pressure on the States to back off these things.  Look what happened with .08 as drunk.  Fed says do it or no road money.  Doesn't matter that over 90% of injury/fatal accidents are caused by those testing over .15. 
It will be interesting what happens in SCOTUS with the DC gun ban reversal. 

Today, America works best when we have a divided government.  We get gridlock and that is a good thing for those of us who work, produce, keep the economy going and generally mind our business.

If the citizenry put the House and Senate back to a substantial majority of real conservatives in the sense they stand for what the Contract With America stood for, it actually would be amusing to see Hilary or Obama or Edwards in the White House.

I don't think all democrats are nuts.  But a substantial # of the visible, those with a bully pulpit democrats sure manage to self describe themselves in that way with what they say and do.

"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Paddy

« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2007, 05:57:34 AM »
At least we got a couple of good things out of the R's.  Tax cuts .....

What good are 'tax cuts' when the Republicans borrow and spend at all time record high levels?  How is it good to pass debt and more debt and ever accruing interest down to future generations?