Author Topic: Iced coffee  (Read 11516 times)

Old Dog

Iced coffee
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2005, 10:21:11 AM »
Love cold coffee.  Starbucks canned espresso "Doubleshot" is perfect for my camping, hunting and fishing trips for when I desperately need huge infusions of caffeine but am too lazy or preoccupied to brew coffee on the camp stove (cannot abide instant coffee).

And having spent much time in Thailand, and therefore a huge Thai food fan, I totally concur with the astute folks who understand how good Thai iced coffee is ...
-- Will

Fjolnirsson

• friends
  • The Anti-Claus
Iced coffee
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2005, 10:38:01 AM »
Being from CA, I thought I'd seen the most caffinated folks around. Nope. Upon moving to Oregon, I noticed these folks are just flat out caffiene freaks!
My little town of 8,000 has four(4) drive through expresso places, with a 5th one on its way to being built.
I've never seen anything like it. People 'round here drink expresso like it's water!
Crazy!

And yes, iced coffee is a staple, here as well as CA.
I love iced coffee. No Starbucks though, unless I can't find better. Their beans aren't consistent enough in flavor or caffiene. I'm a coffee snob. Smiley
Although I do like their Caramel Frappacino...
Hi.

duck hunt

• http://www.annesoffee.com
Iced coffee
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2005, 05:39:51 PM »
Aw, man, how can ya be a coffee snob and like Frappucino?

If you've never read "Pour Your Heart Into It" by Howard Schultz, the CEO of Starbucks, it's a really good read.  He fought tooth and nail against Frappucino because his goal was to introduce America to quality coffee, not pricey caffinated dessert drinks.

I gotta have my coffee straight......no chaser........