Author Topic: Received this-----True???????  (Read 3780 times)

ken grant

Received this-----True???????
« on: April 30, 2008, 06:49:05 AM »
Very interesting facts which just may surprise you!  I know it did me.....please pass around---become informed!
  Amazing how facts get in the way of most news stories and   are simply ignored in favor of agenda driven news.
 While we all would wish for less military losses always, thought you might like to have the facts separated from the spin.
                 Military losses, 1980 through 2007:
These statistics are published by the Congressional Research Service, and may be confirmed at:

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/natsec/RL32492.pdf
Annual fatalities of military members while actively serving in
the US Armed Forces from 1980 through 2007:

> 1980 ......... 2,392 (Carter Year)
> 1981 ......... 2,380 (Reagan Year)
> 1984 .......... 1,999 (Reagan Year)
> 1988 ......... 1,819 (Reagan Year)
> 1989 .......... 1,636 (George H W Year)
> 1990 .......... 1,508 (George H W Year)
> 1991 ......... 1,787 (George H W Year)
> 1992 .......... 1,293 (George H W Year)
> 1993 ......... 1,213 ( Clinton Year)
> 1994 .......... 1,075 ( Clinton Year)
> 1995 .......... 2,465 ( Clinton Year)
> 1996 ......... 2,318 ( Clinton Year)
> 1997 ............. 817 ( Clinton Year)
> 1998 .......... 2,252 ( Clinton Year)
> 1999 .......... 1,984 ( Clinton Year)
> 2000 ..........1,983 ( Clinton Year)
> 2001 .............890(George W Ye ar)
> 2002 .......... 1,007 (George W Year)
> 2003 .......... 1,410 (George W Year)
> 2004 ......... 1,887 (George W Year)
> 2005 ............. 919 (George W Year)
> 2006.............. 920 (George W Year)
> 2007............   899 (George W Year)

Clinton years (1993-2000):    14,000 deaths
George W years (2001-2006): 7,932 deaths
If you're surprised when you look at these figures, so was I. These figures mean that the military losses from the two latest conflicts in the Middle East are noticeably LESS than the loss of military personnel during Bill Clinton's presidency; when America wasn't even involved in a war!

I also discovered that in 1980, during the reign of President and Nobel Peace Prize winner Jimmy Carter, there were 2,392 US military fatalities! These figures appear to indicate that the overwhelming majority of the members of our Media and our Politicians will pick and choose the information on which they report. It has become continually apparent that they cont inue to present only those "facts" which support their left wing agenda driven ideology.

For example, the 'Left' proclaims that minorities are the ones truly paying the ultimate price for our involvement in Iraq... thank God for every American patriot who puts his or her life on the line for our country but is the above statement actually truth or just 'leftist' spin?

Consider the latest US Census.

It shows the following FACTS about the distribution of American citizens, by Race:

White European descent .........................69.12%
Hispanic ............................................... 12.5%
Black .................................................... 12.3%
Asian ..................................................... 3.7%
Native American ......................................1.0%
Other ......................................................2.6%

Now... here are the fatalities by Race; over the past three years in Iraqi Freedom:

European descent (white) ............74.3 1%
Hispanic ..................................... 10.74%
Black ............................................ 9.67%
Asian ........................................... 1.81%
Native American ........................... 1.09%
Other ........................................... 0.33%

It becomes clear that those on the Left as well as our mainstream liberal media continue to spin these figures because of political ideology.

Nothing more.

It's all about their leftist political agenda. Some liberal politicians, have even attempted to turn American against American, just for votes!

Consider Bill Clinton's comments just recently made about South Carolina...  or...Jesse Jackson, pushing ' blacks' to vote for 'black' candidates solely because they are 'African Americans'... I actually thought we were supposed to vote for the best qualified candidates, regardless of race, gender or ethnic background. But after all, what do I know, I'm just an old fashioned Right wing Conservative.

Or...Hillary Clinton's stump speech after her Super Tuesday 'victory' stating that the current administration doesn't 'listen' to anyone and continues the war in Iraq, costing us precious American lives.  Shouldn't Mrs. Clinton be made to acknowledge her own husband's administration? Without being involved in an actual war, 2000 more US Military died during his presidency!

Never forget, it was the Clinton administration that forced the military to release terrorist Osama bin Laden when we actually had him in our grasp!  I really do hope and pray that during the time between now and election day in November, that Americans will decipher and separate the facts from the 'spin' and the 'spinners.'

Remember: To those on the Left, no pri ce is too great to pay for peace...
But to those on the Right, no price is too great to pay for freedom.

These statistics are published by Congressional Research Service, and they may be confirmed by anyone at: http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/natsec/RL32492.pdf

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
Re: Received this-----True???????
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 11:45:40 AM »
See this (page 11):
http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/natsec/RL32492.pdf
Several of the numbers the email mentions are out-and-out lies.
http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/did_more_soldiers_die_during_bill_clintons.html
According to this site, military size was reduced considerable between Clinton and Bush terms.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 11:46:13 AM »
Those numbers are wrong.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 03:02:41 PM »
Ya know, I really hate getting these stupid emails, in my email. It's even more annoying when someone doesn't think that's not a big enough pain in the *expletive deleted*ss that they feel compelled to post them here, as in, you have only two posts here and both of them are stupid emails. rolleyes
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 04:31:06 PM »
Is kinda unique that they're linking to a document that explicitly disproves 'em. Apparently, nobody fact-checks.  grin

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 03:00:32 AM »
Ya know, I really hate getting these stupid emails, in my email. It's even more annoying when someone doesn't think that's not a big enough pain in the *expletive deleted*ss that they feel compelled to post them here, as in, you have only two posts here and both of them are stupid emails. rolleyes

Probably an AOL user, too.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 03:01:46 AM »
who gets wnd and newnax updates on his handheld
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

doc2rn

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 11:24:59 AM »
I served durring the Clinton years and I dont think if you added Somalia and Yugoslavia together we had the losses incurred by one yr under George W.

xavier fremboe

• friends
  • All-American Meanie
    • The Shop
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 11:40:33 AM »
Before forwarding or posting things like this, go to www.snopes.com and look it up. 

Right there at the very top of the page, Barbara will tell you if it's true, false, or undetermined.
If the bandersnatch seems even mildly frumious, best to shun it.  Really. http://www.cctplastics.com