Author Topic: Ron Paul??? What the Heck???  (Read 65404 times)

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
Ron Paul??? What the Heck???
« on: May 08, 2008, 04:15:53 AM »
So I'm driving to work this morning, listening to a news radio station, and I hear this ad start up.  And I'm thinking it's for our local conservative running for congress.  But at the end, I hear that it's for President?  And I'm thinking, who???  And then they say "Ron Paul"....

I was sure he'd realized that he had a snowballs chance in hell of winning and bowed out...  Aparently I'm wrong.....

(This was in Portland, OR BTW)

[Edited for subject heading]
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Manedwolf

• friend
Re: Ron Paul??? WTF???
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 04:21:37 AM »
When you live in a basement, you don't know what the weather is.

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 04:39:06 AM »
I think he made a promise to stay in the race to very end. Perhaps he is just following through on that priomise.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

WeedWhacker

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 05:08:16 AM »
Dr. Paul's said he'll stay in the race as long as he has support.

As I've said before, I was pleasantly surprised by the numbers of his supporters among the elected state delegates for the Nevada GOP. Here's hoping this phenomenon isn't unique to Nevada!
"Higher education" is often a euphemism for producers of fermented, homogenized minds.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 05:11:58 AM »
I plan to vote for him.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 05:19:14 AM »

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 07:05:41 AM »
I think he made a promise to stay in the race to very end. Perhaps he is just following through on that priomise.

Quite.

I don't see what is the problem with that.

Naturally he can't win. It's still the right thing to do to fight until the end.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2008, 07:06:16 AM »
Ron Paul ran ads here in Hoosierland for the past week or two.  Foolish.  Why throw away good money trying to win a race that's over and lost?  Ya can't change the past.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 07:11:12 AM »
Ron Paul ran ads here in Hoosierland for the past week or two.  Foolish.  Why throw away good money trying to win a race that's over and lost?  Ya can't change the past.

Because Ron Paul is using the same team that 'helped' him in 1988.

Their goal was originally to 'run to just make a point', and that's what they're doing. They're using their enormous blob of money to 'spread the message'.

What ARE hey going to do with twenty-plus million dollars? Buy an Olympic swimming pool and fill it with beer?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

MrRezister

• I resist. It's what I do.
  • friend
  • Shank, shank, shank mommy's ankles!
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2008, 08:08:41 AM »

Holy crap!  That guy has a Ron Paul sign!  That MUST mean that Ron Paul agrees with that guy on EVERYTHING!!!!
He never brought you an unbalanced budget, which is a perennial joke. He never voted himself a wage increase and, to this day, gives back part of his salary every year. He has always voted to preserve the Constitution, cut government spending, lower healthcare costs, end the war on drugs, secure our borders with immigration reform and protect our civil liberties.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2008, 08:51:10 AM »
What ARE you people going to do when Crazy Old Uncle Ron finally calls it quits, and your messiah is gone?

Say it was Diebold's fault?

MrRezister

• I resist. It's what I do.
  • friend
  • Shank, shank, shank mommy's ankles!
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2008, 09:15:24 AM »
My first instinct would be to blame fistful.
He never brought you an unbalanced budget, which is a perennial joke. He never voted himself a wage increase and, to this day, gives back part of his salary every year. He has always voted to preserve the Constitution, cut government spending, lower healthcare costs, end the war on drugs, secure our borders with immigration reform and protect our civil liberties.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2008, 09:16:33 AM »
While I wish I could have messed with the ones here, I couldn't. I'm still pissed at them for forcing me to agree with Bill Clinton, when he looked across a Manchester street at a bunch of Ron Paul / Bush is Evil/ 9-11 troofers and said "Y'all are completely nuts."

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2008, 09:49:12 AM »
What ARE you people going to do when Crazy Old Uncle Ron finally calls it quits, and your messiah is gone?

I'm not at liberty to divulge too many details, but it involves 14 bass boats, a lot of guns, Sealand, and a donkey.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2008, 11:17:37 AM »
While I wish I could have messed with the ones here, I couldn't. I'm still pissed at them for forcing me to agree with Bill Clinton, when he looked across a Manchester street at a bunch of Ron Paul / Bush is Evil/ 9-11 troofers and said "Y'all are completely nuts."

Yeah, that was quite painful...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

xavier fremboe

• friends
  • All-American Meanie
    • The Shop
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2008, 11:48:13 AM »
If Ron Paul stays in it all the way to the convention, it'll divide the party.  He should drop out now instead of trying to improve his chances in 2012 by beating up McCain.  It's only helping the Dems...
If the bandersnatch seems even mildly frumious, best to shun it.  Really. http://www.cctplastics.com

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2008, 12:02:48 PM »
Ron Paul's ability to divide the Republican Party is NOTHING like what is going on in the Democratic party right now.

I'm praying Hillary and Barak both stay in and force a floor fight at the convention. There hasn't been a good one of those in either party since 1980.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2008, 12:05:13 PM »
If Ron Paul stays in it all the way to the convention, it'll divide the party.  He should drop out now instead of trying to improve his chances in 2012 by beating up McCain.  It's only helping the Dems...

paul and the paulistas operate at a higher moral plane  unaffected by such petty reallitys
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

xavier fremboe

• friends
  • All-American Meanie
    • The Shop
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2008, 12:07:09 PM »
Sorry, forgot to check my code.  That should be:
<sarcasm>

</sarcasm>
 smiley
If the bandersnatch seems even mildly frumious, best to shun it.  Really. http://www.cctplastics.com

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2008, 12:28:31 PM »
Ron Paul's ability to divide the Republican Party is NOTHING like what is going on in the Democratic party right now.

I'm praying Hillary and Barak both stay in and force a floor fight at the convention. There hasn't been a good one of those in either party since 1980.

If that happens, (hopefully a literal fight!) I will watch the footage over and over and over... probably in slow motion, too.

Maybe someone will hit Markos Moulitsas with a chair.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2008, 12:38:49 PM »
Maybe someone will hit Markos Moulitsas with a chair.
He deserves it.  Look at this quotation from the About page on his website.  As ManedWolf likes to say, WTF?  Reads like a parody. 

Markos Moulitsas -- a.k.a. "kos" -- created Daily Kos on May 26, 2002, in those dark days when an oppressive and war-crazed administration suppressed all dissent as unpatriotic and treasonous. As a veteran, Moulitsas was offended that the freedoms he pledged his life for were so carelessly being tossed aside by the reckless and destructive Republican administration.

Daily Kos has grown in those five years to the premier political community in the United States, with traffic of about 600,000 daily visits. (Click on the rainbow box at the bottom of the page for up-to-date stats.) Among luminaries posting diaries on the site are President Jimmy Carter, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, and dozens of other senators, congressmen, and governors.

How can a nobody start a website like that, in the dark days when all dissent is being suppressed as unpatriotic and treasonous? 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Finch

• Fading Freedoms
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2008, 01:53:00 PM »
paul and the paulistas operate at a higher moral plane  unaffected by such petty reallitys

Maybe because we don't mindlessly follow what ever the party tells you is right. Maybe we don't buy into the B.S. that McCain is any better than Hillary or Obama. Maybe we like to stand on what is best for the country and not what is best for the GOP... shocked  rolleyes
Truth is treason in the empire of lies - Ron Paul

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2008, 01:57:38 PM »

Maybe because we don't mindlessly follow what ever the party tells you is right. Maybe we don't buy into the B.S. that McCain is any better than Hillary or Obama. Maybe we like to stand on what is best for the country and not what is best for the GOP... shocked  rolleyes
Thus exemplifying your higher plane...

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2008, 02:04:36 PM »
its part of what makes them so popular
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

mek42

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2008, 02:41:51 PM »
So is he going to run on the Libertarian ticket if McCain somehow pulls off the Republican primary?

Do the other parties even have primaries?