Author Topic: Ron Paul??? What the Heck???  (Read 65399 times)

MicroBalrog

• friend
Re: Ron Paul??? What the Heck???
« Reply #200 on: June 04, 2008, 08:13:14 PM »
The Mises Institute has all the man's books available for download, IIRC. Don't trust Rockwellite summaries.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Sylvan-Forge

« Reply #201 on: June 05, 2008, 06:00:26 AM »
I didn't trust it at first, but Mr. North did a pretty good job of it IMO.

The President of Ludwig von Mises Institute is in fact Mr. Rockwell.
http://mises.org/about.aspx

Re summaries ..
To summarize even further:
The State's coercive interference in either money or banking, including its licensing of a monopolistic central bank, reduces all men's freedom and most men's wealth.

http://mises.org/

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #202 on: June 05, 2008, 06:02:40 AM »
THe problem is that there seems to be a disconnect between the good works of the Mises Institute, wherein mostly works of classical economists are republished, and often made available for free, and the works of LewRockwell.com where various insane people post their rants.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Ron Paul??? WTF???
« Reply #203 on: June 05, 2008, 11:17:03 AM »

Holy crap!  That guy has a Ron Paul sign!  That MUST mean that Ron Paul agrees with that guy on EVERYTHING!!!!

Nope but it sure goes a long wat to point out what kind of whack job is attracted to Rue Ron paul.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MrRezister

• I resist. It's what I do.
  • friend
  • Shank, shank, shank mommy's ankles!
« Reply #204 on: June 05, 2008, 01:24:16 PM »
Oh, well in that case I'm totally relieved that no crazy people will be voting for McCain or Obama.
He never brought you an unbalanced budget, which is a perennial joke. He never voted himself a wage increase and, to this day, gives back part of his salary every year. He has always voted to preserve the Constitution, cut government spending, lower healthcare costs, end the war on drugs, secure our borders with immigration reform and protect our civil liberties.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #205 on: June 05, 2008, 01:40:43 PM »
heck no ones ever minted money with mccain or abama on it.  thats special!
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #206 on: June 05, 2008, 10:22:32 PM »

Nope but it sure goes a long way to point out what kind of whack job is attracted to George Bush.

Fixed it for ya.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #207 on: June 06, 2008, 08:09:53 AM »

Nope but it sure goes a long way to point out what kind of whack job is attracted to George Bush.

Fixed it for ya.

Why do keep posting that picture of Fistful ??  (And do you actually expect proper spelling from a Cardinals fan ??"
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #208 on: June 07, 2008, 02:06:05 PM »
HEY! I am NOT a Cardinals fan.  Morans. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife