Author Topic: Ron Paul??? What the Heck???  (Read 65402 times)

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
Re: Ron Paul??? WTF???
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2008, 02:44:54 PM »
Do the other parties even have primaries?
If a tree falls in the forest and nobody hears it, does it still make a sound?

mek42

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2008, 02:59:59 PM »
Do the other parties even have primaries?
If a tree falls in the forest and nobody hears it, does it still make a sound?

That was funny - thanks!

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2008, 03:51:39 PM »
paul and the paulistas operate at a higher moral plane  unaffected by such petty reallitys

Maybe because we don't mindlessly follow what ever the party tells you is right. Maybe we don't buy into the B.S. that McCain is any better than Hillary or Obama. Maybe we like to stand on what is best for the country and not what is best for the GOP... shocked  rolleyes
Thus exemplifying your higher plane...

Isn't is amazing how, when you challenge them like that, all they do is PROVE what it is that you're saying about them?

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2008, 04:04:32 PM »
whats amaing is how they can't see it. 
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2008, 04:15:22 PM »
HTG, I object to your analogy.  That is completely unfair.

The proper analogy for a Ron Paulian would be "if a Cheetoes falls off my mom's couch in the basement, will I still not have a job whoever is President as I cannot operate an alarm clock and do not shave or shower."

Let's get it right, people. grin
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2008, 05:58:29 PM »
paul and the paulistas operate at a higher moral plane  unaffected by such petty reallitys

Maybe because we don't mindlessly follow what ever the party tells you is right. Maybe we don't buy into the B.S. that McCain is any better than Hillary or Obama. Maybe we like to stand on what is best for the country and not what is best for the GOP... shocked  rolleyes

Yep, you're legendary visionaries in your own mirrors...

I'm a Republican. I've been a Republican every since the mid 1970s when I first came to understand what the two parties stood for, and that was only hardened as I grew up through the Reagan years. I suspect that I always will be a Republican on those terms.

That said, I think it's pretty obvious that I don't much like John McCain. He's not my kind of Republican. Far from it, in fact. He and I don't share a common vision, as they say.

But, then again, Ron Paul isn't my kind of Republican, either. Quite far from it, in fact, to the point where, when I read about Mr. Paul and his positions, I'm not quite sure why he thinks he's a Republican.

You seem to think that anyone who doesn't support your candidate is a mindless aparachnik of the mainline Republican party. You seem to think that you, and only you, have the monopoly on what is right and proper, and that if only people would see things through your eyes, everything that is wrong with the nation would somehow magically fix itself.

Congratulations. You've become a mindless follower of Ron Paul, putting your brain in neutral and believing only what your candidate's core handlers tell your candidate to tell you to believe, and you believe it because that's what the big man tells you.

That's not enlightenment. That's downright pitiful laziness. But don't worry, one of Mr. Paul's handlers will tell you that you're not being lazy, you're being a progressive America First supporter of Ron Paul.

And like a good Ron Paul supporter, you'll believe it.

And all will seem right in your world.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2008, 06:08:04 PM »
When you live in a basement, you don't know what the weather is.

This is one of the most profound statements I have ever read on APS.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2008, 06:18:35 PM »
"When you live in a basement, you don't know what the weather is."

I do.

If my east foundation wall is leaking, it's raining.

HARD.  laugh

Uh oh....

Like it is right now.

Time to turn on the pump.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2008, 06:41:16 PM »
So is he going to run on the Libertarian ticket if McCain somehow pulls off the Republican primary?

No, he's made that pretty clear.  He's a Republican.  He's won 10 elections as a Republican.  He's not going to run as a Libertarian.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2008, 06:49:23 PM »
You seem to think that anyone who doesn't support your candidate is a mindless aparachnik of the mainline Republican party. You seem to think that you, and only you, have the monopoly on what is right and proper, and that if only people would see things through your eyes, everything that is wrong with the nation would somehow magically fix itself.

Oh, direct hit.

Congratulations. You've become a mindless follower of Ron Paul, putting your brain in neutral and believing only what your candidate's core handlers tell your candidate to tell you to believe, and you believe it because that's what the big man tells you.

That's not enlightenment. That's downright pitiful laziness. But don't worry, one of Mr. Paul's handlers will tell you that you're not being lazy, you're being a progressive America First supporter of Ron Paul.  And like a good Ron Paul supporter, you'll believe it.  And all will seem right in your world.

Well, now you sound just like Finch; assuming the other guy is a "mindless aparachnik."
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2008, 07:50:08 PM »
Isn't is amazing how, when you challenge them like that, all they do is PROVE what it is that you're saying about them?

whats amaing is how they can't see it.

When you live in a basement, you don't know what the weather is.

Wait a moment.  I'm SURE I typed in www.armedpolititesociety.com into the address bar, yet for some odd reason it seems I've ended up at DemocraticUndergound.com.  rolleyes
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2008, 08:35:50 PM »
It's called exposing the ironic nature of someone's position by using their "argument" against them.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2008, 08:38:38 PM »
Wait a moment.  I'm SURE I typed in www.armedpolititesociety.com into the address bar, yet for some odd reason it seems I've ended up at DemocraticUndergound.com. 

You were supposed to notice. grin
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2008, 04:26:16 AM »
Wait a moment.  I'm SURE I typed in www.armedpolititesociety.com into the address bar, yet for some odd reason it seems I've ended up at DemocraticUndergound.com.  rolleyes

If you were there, there'd be people throwing chairs and screaming about Clinton and Obama, while others wore Che shirts and kaffiyehs while visualizing world peace and how to take away everyone's guns.

So you're obviously not there.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2008, 05:11:29 AM »
If you were there, there'd be people throwing chairs and screaming about Clinton and Obama, while others wore Che shirts and kaffiyehs while visualizing world peace and how to take away everyone's guns.

Is there a webcam inside my office? laugh
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2008, 05:14:17 AM »
Holy crap!  That guy has a Ron Paul sign!  That MUST mean that Ron Paul agrees with that guy on EVERYTHING!!!!

grin grin grin

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2008, 09:47:19 AM »
HTG, I object to your analogy.  That is completely unfair.

The proper analogy for a Ron Paulian would be "if a Cheetoes falls off my mom's couch in the basement, will I still not have a job whoever is President as I cannot operate an alarm clock and do not shave or shower."

Let's get it right, people. grin

El Tejon,  FTW.....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Finch

• Fading Freedoms
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2008, 01:04:31 PM »
Yep, you're legendary visionaries in your own mirrors...

I'm a Republican. I've been a Republican every since the mid 1970s when I first came to understand what the two parties stood for, and that was only hardened as I grew up through the Reagan years. I suspect that I always will be a Republican on those terms.

That said, I think it's pretty obvious that I don't much like John McCain. He's not my kind of Republican. Far from it, in fact. He and I don't share a common vision, as they say.

But, then again, Ron Paul isn't my kind of Republican, either. Quite far from it, in fact, to the point where, when I read about Mr. Paul and his positions, I'm not quite sure why he thinks he's a Republican.

That's not enlightenment. That's downright pitiful laziness. But don't worry, one of Mr. Paul's handlers will tell you that you're not being lazy, you're being a progressive America First supporter of Ron Paul.

And like a good Ron Paul supporter, you'll believe it.

And all will seem right in your world.

Silly...

Guys, you act as if the only reason I support Ron Paul is because of the man. Sorry, it's not. I've held these beliefs for a while now and I can tell you, Ron Paul or not, I would still despise and loathe McCain and all the others in this new breed of "republicans" that we are seeing, you know, the ones who ignore the constitution. I never thought for a second that I operate on a higher moral plane, but when I keep seeing "well, at least McCain won't take our guns" It does make me wonder how screwed we are really going to get.
Truth is treason in the empire of lies - Ron Paul

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2008, 01:21:35 PM »
Oh, Magic Eightball, will Ron Paul become the Lyndon LaRouche/Harold Stassen of the Republican Party:

*Shake* Shake* Shake*

It is certain
*Shake* Shake* Shake*

It is decidedly so
*Shake* Shake* Shake*

Outlook good
*Shake* Shake* Shake*

Signs point to yes
 *Shake* Shake* Shake*

Without a doubt
*Shake* Shake* Shake*

Yes
*Shake* Shake* Shake*

Yes - definitely
*Shake* Shake* Shake*

You may rely on it

*Shake* Shake* Shake*
Go eat some Chee-tos

grin
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2008, 01:22:47 PM »
Finch, I think the rest of us basically agree with you from a policy standpoint (aside from some of us having a serious disagreement on the Iraq war and on Ron Paul's economic policies).  We simply don't think Ron Paul is going to help matters. 

Glock Glockler

• friend
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2008, 02:19:58 PM »
After he endorsed Obama I don't have the time of day for him.

Finch

• Fading Freedoms
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2008, 02:54:00 PM »
Finch, I think the rest of us basically agree with you from a policy standpoint (aside from some of us having a serious disagreement on the Iraq war and on Ron Paul's economic policies).  We simply don't think Ron Paul is going to help matters. 

And after crying many many tears into my bag of Cheeto's in my moms basement, I have come to terms with that. It's just, I saw him as a refreshing figure in a race that consists of people landing under sniper fire, HOPE HOPE CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN, and we might be in Iraq for 100 years. It's rare when a politician acknowledges that he is limited by what is written in the constitution, and it's even rarer to for someone to actually follow through with that...
Truth is treason in the empire of lies - Ron Paul

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2008, 03:25:57 PM »
You seem to think that you, and only you, have the monopoly on what is right and proper, and that if only people would see things through your eyes, everything that is wrong with the nation would somehow magically fix itself.

But isn't that how it is,  laugh

Oh thats right, I didn't believe any of what I believe now until I was told to believe it. Since when has Ron Paul been the "big man"? If he was the "big man" then why wasn't he selected by the Republican party?
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2008, 07:23:48 PM »
I saw him as a refreshing figure....  It's rare when a politician acknowledges that he is limited by what is written in the constitution, and it's even rarer to for someone to actually follow through with that...

You ain't kiddin.  When I first checked him out, I was overjoyed to find a libertarian constitutionalist who realized that an anti-abortion, anti-gay-marriage stance was perfectly compatible with those principles. 

I actually felt a little betrayed when I learned his stance on our recent foreign policy.   sad

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2008, 05:07:11 AM »
I saw him as a refreshing figure....  It's rare when a politician acknowledges that he is limited by what is written in the constitution, and it's even rarer to for someone to actually follow through with that...

You ain't kiddin.  When I first checked him out, I was overjoyed to find a libertarian constitutionalist who realized that an anti-abortion, anti-gay-marriage stance was perfectly compatible with those principles. 

I actually felt a little betrayed when I learned his stance on our recent foreign policy.   sad

Don't forget the GOLD STANDARD looniness. The man apparently thinks finances are still done in paper ledgers by oil lamps, and foreign currency is exchanged at a wooden table at a port.