Author Topic: Teletubby  (Read 11084 times)

Skunkabilly

Teletubby
« on: March 03, 2005, 08:55:34 PM »
While I discourage violence, I did find this to be particularly funny. Snapped this pic up in LA.

Ninja...vanish....

Happy Bob

• friend
Teletubby
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2005, 09:05:41 PM »
Hey -- isn't that the gay Teletubby? Mean! Now if that were Barney the Dinosaur, I'd be all for it.  

I almost wrote, "What a Drag" ... but I restrained myself. Whoops, I guess I typed it in anyway.   Tongue
WE DON'T WEAR FUR.
(We have it made into Cowboy Hats)

Teletubby
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2005, 09:18:00 PM »
Skunk-

Now it could be they are using it for keeping the "road gremlins" away.
Seriously. A real traditon.

Take notice of motorcyles, the small bells are hung to keep the road gremlins  away. I first learned of this as a kid - Harley Owner had them.

I noticed the all the Motorcyle cops had them...everyone did.  I had them on my  dirt bikes I raced...

Start taking note - I betcha...

Cool Hand Luke 22:36

Teletubby
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2005, 09:39:34 PM »
Take notice of motorcyles, the small bells are hung to keep the road gremlins away. I first learned of this as a kid - Harley Owner had them.

I thought the ride bells were for fallen comrades killed while riding.
"Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it."
Henry David Thoreau

Teletubby
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2005, 09:46:04 PM »
May depend on what part of the country. Perhaps even what decade/ era one  raised in.  

I didn't hear about the fallen comrade association  until some ~15 years later.

I think both associatons / symbols are great.

Smiley

garyk/nm

• friend
  • shovelbum
Teletubby
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2005, 02:48:40 AM »
Kind of an anti-Truck Nutz statement?

Para2

Teletubby
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2005, 06:39:02 AM »
garyk:

I always thought/hoped that those were just a local phenomenon! :shock:
I can't trust a government that doesn't trust me.

APS Plankowner?
TFL/THR Alumnus

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
Teletubby
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2005, 09:19:03 AM »
Hey -- isn't that the gay Teletubby? Mean! Now if that were Barney the Dinosaur, I'd be all for it.  

I believe the "gay" teletubby is purple, though I could be wrong.  I can't believe my first post is on this topic.   :oops:
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

MaterDei

• friend
Teletubby
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2005, 09:39:57 AM »
I believe the "gay" teletubby is purple, though I could be wrong. I can't believe my first post is on this topic.
 cheesy
You're right about the purple one.  I'm not sure he ever officially came out of the closet but the purse kind of gave him away.

client32

• friend
Teletubby
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2005, 09:42:34 AM »
This is the one that got recalled.

I think people thought he said "*Not nice word for gay men* *Not nice word for gay men*" when he should have been saying "figet figet"  I couldn't understand what anything was so I think people just wanted to worry.
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations - APS homepage 3/4/05 - 5/20/05

Never ask a man where he is from. If he is from Texas he will tell you. If he isn't there's no need to embarass him.

StopTheGrays

• friend
  • bah...
Teletubby
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2005, 11:43:08 AM »
This is the one that got recalled.

I think people thought he said "*Not nice word for gay men* *Not nice word for gay men*" when he should have been saying "figet figet"  I couldn't understand what anything was so I think people just wanted to worry.

A former cow-orker of mine had one of those dolls he bought for his kid. He brought it in to work and it did sound like it was saying "f*gg*t, f*gg*t". He tried to complain to the company that made it but they did not believe him. I quit working with him and never found out what happened after that.

I think the car owner should have been dragging/hanging a pokemon instead of a teletubby.
Does any image illustrate so neatly the wrongheadedness of the Obama administration than Americans scrambling in terror from Air Force One?
Just great…Chicago politics has spread to all 57 states.
They told me if I voted for John McCain, my country would look like it is run by people with a disturbing affinity towards fascism. And they were right!

client32

• friend
Teletubby
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2005, 03:55:30 AM »
A former cow-orker of mine had one of those dolls he bought for his kid. He brought it in to work and it did sound like it was saying "f*gg*t, f*gg*t". He tried to complain to the company that made it but they did not believe him. I quit working with him and never found out what happened after that.

I finally remember where I saw one.  My uncle had oe for one of his kids.  I remember listening to it, but I wouldn't have made out those words without being told what it was.  The doll had been recalled, but I doubt my uncle returned it.  
My kiddo doesn't get to watch the tubbies.  Not for any insane political or personal view reasons though.  We are trying to get her to pronounce word better, and this show does not help.
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations - APS homepage 3/4/05 - 5/20/05

Never ask a man where he is from. If he is from Texas he will tell you. If he isn't there's no need to embarass him.

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
Teletubby
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2005, 10:16:41 AM »
I thought they were all gay.
And what's with this "weird things or bells to ward off road gremlins"?
o_O
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
Teletubby
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2005, 10:54:06 AM »

http://www.nutsfortrucks.com/

Don't be fooled by imitations.
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Declaration Day

• friends
Teletubby
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2005, 11:13:56 AM »
I have one of the "obscene" Teletubbies. I picked it up for the novelty of having one.  Indeed, it does sound like it's saying the words listed above, as well as some worse ones.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
Teletubby
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2005, 11:33:00 AM »
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"