Author Topic: Obama's "Theme Song"  (Read 3310 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
Obama's "Theme Song"
« on: August 29, 2008, 12:33:35 AM »
Just finished watching Obama's speech and heard Brooks and Dunn's hit "Only in America" being played afterwards.  It is interesting that Bush used that same song in his 2004 campaign and had the backing of Brooks and Dunn.  Curious to know if Obama got permission from them to use this song for his campaign.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
Re: Obama's "Theme Song"
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 06:49:49 AM »
I don't know.  I don't believe Brooks and Dunn have stated any preference in this election.
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 06:52:27 AM »
Though Bruce Springsteen is Obama's muppet.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 08:21:10 AM »
How about Beck, "Loser"

Smiley

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 08:30:22 AM »
I thought it was "Horst Wessel Leid"??

This isn't from the DNC?Huh?=>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzeNj1vlzAk
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 09:04:57 AM »
With all his talk about globalism, there's only one appropriate theme song for Barack Hussein Obama: The Internationale.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 10:28:09 AM »
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

2swap

• friend
  • : 4 5 ;
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2008, 08:45:51 AM »
With all his talk about globalism, there's only one appropriate theme song for Barack Hussein Obama: The Internationale.

La Espero would be better... or some of Roy Zimmermann's songs... like this one: http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=loHMMDJnQG4   cheesy (I have to admit that I like Roy Zimmermann's music despite not agreeing with him on many issues *hides from microbalrog after that revelation*)
: spin
  92 47 124 45 45 58 emit dup emit emit
  begin 8 emit dup emit swap 2swap key? until ;

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2008, 07:54:33 PM »
with him coming out of chicago i would have thought Rob Zombie's "Never Gonna Stop (The Red Red Kroovy)" would be perfect  angel hehe

sang

P.S.
the video is a little , ODD.  shocked