Author Topic: BRISTOL PALIN PREGNANT -- RIGHT NOW  (Read 6818 times)

Frank Castle

• friend
BRISTOL PALIN PREGNANT -- RIGHT NOW
« on: September 01, 2008, 07:47:53 AM »
Posted: Monday, September 01, 2008 11:58 AM by Mark Murray
Filed Under: 2008, Palin

From NBC's Mark Murray
Reuters: "The 17-year-old daughter of Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin is pregnant, Palin said Monday in an announcement intended to knock down rumors by liberal bloggers that Palin faked her own pregnancy to cover up for her child.

Bristol Palin, one of Alaska Gov. Palin's five children with her husband, Todd, is about five months pregnant and is going to keep the child and marry the father, the Palins said in a statement released by the campaign of Republican presidential candidate John McCain.

Bristol Palin made the decision on her own to keep the baby, McCain aides said. 'We have been blessed with five wonderful children who we love with all our heart and mean everything to us,' the Palins' statement said. 'Our beautiful daughter Bristol came to us with news that as parents we knew would make her grow up faster than we had ever planned. As Bristol faces the responsibilities of adulthood, she knows she has our unconditional love and support,' the Palins said."

*** UPDATE *** Here's a statement the McCain camp released from Todd and Sarah Palin, which is identical to the quote in the Reuters story: "We have been blessed with five wonderful children who we love with all our heart and mean everything to us. Our beautiful daughter Bristol came to us with news that as parents we knew would make her grow up faster than we had ever planned. We're proud of Bristol's decision to have her baby and even prouder to become grandparents. As Bristol faces the responsibilities of adulthood, she knows she has our unconditional love and support."

"Bristol and the young man she will marry are going to realize very quickly the difficulties of raising a child, which is why they will have the love and support of our entire family. We ask the media to respect our daughter and Levi's privacy as has always been the tradition of children of candidates."

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/09/01/1318541.aspx

shocked This is getting interesting  undecided

agricola

• friend
Re: BRISTOL PALIN PREGNANT -- RIGHT NOW
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 07:57:39 AM »
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 06:23:07 PM »
Bristol Palin is not running for any political office in the land.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 06:25:12 PM »
BAT-BOY CHILD OF HITLER AND ALIEN! READ MORE INSIDE!!!!

Whatever. Don't care. That's tabloid crap for the lowest common denominator to squeal and root at.

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 06:47:38 PM »
Bristol Palin is not running for any political office in the land.

Whatever. Don't care. That's tabloid crap for the lowest common denominator to squeal and root at.

Pretty much my opinion as well
Look, tiny text!

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 07:11:25 PM »
I DIDN'T DO IT I SWEAR I WAS NOWHERE NEAR HER!!!!

That is not a mother I'd want angry at me.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 07:30:22 PM »
I DIDN'T DO IT I SWEAR I WAS NOWHERE NEAR HER!!!!

That is not a mother I'd want angry at me.

She's marrying the father so he's safe. Now if he dropped her like a lot of inner city guys seem wont to do then he'd better be able to run fast and far.
Look, tiny text!

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 07:50:36 PM »
He can't leave--someone has to work the boat in her place.   grin
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2008, 09:17:41 PM »
My wife told me this. I was like, why is this news? What does it matter what her (adult) child does? I agree with this just being pointless attempts to find news.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 01:15:53 AM »
Interesting situation....and the family is handling it in an admirable way.....

Any criticism from the left will make them look like total fools....of course, that hasn't stopped them before....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 04:52:46 AM »
My wife told me this. I was like, why is this news? What does it matter what her (adult) child does? I agree with this just being pointless attempts to find news.

She's not quite an adult yet (17).  But yeah, it's still a non-issue.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Intune

• The Shakes
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2008, 04:59:49 AM »
NOOOOoooo...I'm voting for BO now.  If a VP candidate is so foolish as to go out and get preggers when she knew that she was on the short list is amazing.  Isn't she a little young to be the governor?  Was she 15 or so when she won the election?  I just can't trust Repubs any more.  Thank you for the heads-up.  I am so confused.

Michael Moore

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2008, 05:01:43 AM »

I pretty much thought, whoopty woo wang.. Who gives a *expletive deleted*it.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

zahc

• friend
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2008, 05:29:13 AM »
She's not quite an adult yet (17).
that's adult in my book.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2008, 07:30:17 AM »
I think someone also brought up the fact that Obama's mother was fairly young when she had him.  Obama so far has said the right things about this issue.  I thought I heard there were rumors of Biden's daughter also, but it doesn't matter.   

To me, it is sort of like that Democrat guy mentioning Cheney's lesbian daughter during one of the debates 8 years ago.  It didn't hurt Cheney and only made that Democrat look bad. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2008, 08:21:02 AM »

Clearly we must locate the father - an evil pedophile to be sure - and send the local state troopers/ATF/FBI/SWAT to raid the hell out of his house, shoot his dogs, shoot his grandmother if she's around, shoot him, add him to the sex offender list posthumously.

After that McCain must withdraw his candidacy and sow ashes on his hair for having cooperated with the horror that his VP has allowed to occur.

[/leftoid]
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

grampster

• friend
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2008, 04:53:00 AM »
One has to admit it is fun watching the screeching moonbat feminist reporters, commentators and assorted mustache petra ladies gnashing their teeth over the fact that their idealistic example of a successful woman happened to wind up being a...gasp...conservative republican chosen for the 2nd highest office in the land.  rolleyes rolleyes

"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2008, 05:53:49 AM »
So is she a Clarence Thomas to feminists? 

Has anyone noticed a few more female news reporter people on the TV criticizing Palin in the last week?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2008, 06:08:13 AM »
Yep, this is the "not black enough" for the new era. Looks like Powell, Rice, Watts, Steele, and maybe Obama are off the hook for now on that charge.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.